Loan Window Suggestions 2015/16

B4ev6is

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't need any more strikers, we have 3 at the moment, 4 if you include Russell in that list. We should only get a loan striker in if we have another striker injury crisis like last season. I wouldn't mind a loan winger though.

Oi you, stop copying me.

End of thread nytsoM has spoken 

Curtains, you got your wish, we spent £10m on deadline day, which meant 8th and 9th signings of the summer. Given we were so close to being an awesome side and only needed tweaking, surely you cannot want MORE players??!?!?! Can you?

Curtains, you got your wish, we spent £10m on deadline day, which meant 8th and 9th signings of the summer. Given we were so close to being an awesome side and only needed tweaking, surely you cannot want MORE players??!?!?! Can you?

Honestly I can see your point I really can but answer me this what's your real gripe about bringing another forward in .

We have lost Connor and Kawame both CFs who incidentally I would of kept  .

Now if Clement wants to bring 1 in on loan it would be ok with me as Bent and Martin are completely different type of CFs .

Now you may say Bent is the answer and you may be right and Martin may score a load of goals but you could also in a game if you were Paul Clement want to bring a different more physical type of CF on to breakdown stubborn defenses .

Im not the manager but honestly you can never have too many goal scorers 

Honestly I can see your point I really can but answer me this what's your real gripe about bringing another forward in .

We have lost Connor and Kawame both CFs who incidentally I would of kept  .

Now if Clement wants to bring 1 in on loan it would be ok with me as Bent and Martin are completely different type of CFs .

Now you may say Bent is the answer and you may be right and Martin may score a load of goals but you could also in a game if you were Paul Clement want to bring a different more physical type of CF on to breakdown stubborn defenses .

Im not the manager but honestly you can never have too many goal scorers 

My gripe is about doing things the right way and protecting the future, whilst not ruining the present, also the manager has not even tried to get the best out of the options he currently has. I will expand on this.

Wiemann hasn't had a chance as a central strike option. I would say, neither has Bent, nor Russell. It's fine saying they don't play the same way as Martin, but we have Martin to play the Martin role, and other options are what I have just listed. Yes, If we find a player of Bradley Johnson's calibre, but a striker, go for it, but there will not be anyone of that level available as emergency loan IMO, so we would struggle to get better than what we have. 

Neither Sammon, nor Thomas have shown to be anything better than useless thus far, although it could be argued that Kwame Thomas needs a proper chance. Sending him out on loan should improve his game and development without exposing him and Derby whilst he learns.

Signing players for the sake of it is dumb and we don't want to end up with unhappy players bringing a bad atmosphere into the club. One thing a reasonable sized squad has is a good level of togetherness.

There should in my opinion be a maximum squad size, with only academy players allowed to add to this. This encourages many things.

The other thing, when does it end. we get a loan in, then someone somewhere says we  need another. We are going backwards, not progressing if we keep adding and adding and adding and adding. There's no example of success this way.

My gripe is about doing things the right way and protecting the future, whilst not ruining the present, also the manager has not even tried to get the best out of the options he currently has. I will expand on this.

Wiemann hasn't had a chance as a central strike option. I would say, neither has Bent, nor Russell. It's fine saying they don't play the same way as Martin, but we have Martin to play the Martin role, and other options are what I have just listed. Yes, If we find a player of Bradley Johnson's calibre, but a striker, go for it, but there will not be anyone of that level available as emergency loan IMO, so we would struggle to get better than what we have. 

Neither Sammon, nor Thomas have shown to be anything better than useless thus far, although it could be argued that Kwame Thomas needs a proper chance. Sending him out on loan should improve his game and development without exposing him and Derby whilst he learns.

Signing players for the sake of it is dumb and we don't want to end up with unhappy players bringing a bad atmosphere into the club. One thing a reasonable sized squad has is a good level of togetherness.

There should in my opinion be a maximum squad size, with only academy players allowed to add to this. This encourages many things.

The other thing, when does it end. we get a loan in, then someone somewhere says we  need another. We are going backwards, not progressing if we keep adding and adding and adding and adding. There's no example of success this way.

That's fine let's see how it goes then but the manager might have different ideas because it's his neck on the block. 

Im happy we brought Johno and Butters in which IMO will probably be enough now to see us promoted .

Im happy with the squad but I was just replying in general to the thread title. 

Happy days. 

Exactly, if Chris Martin got injured we'd just get another striker in quickly to avoid our season disintegrating. I really can't see what could possibly go wrong!

you simplify it. WHO could possibly replace Martin that would be available on loan? Leon Best maybe?

you simplify it. WHO could possibly replace Martin that would be available on loan? Leon Best maybe?

As in the OP - Kyle Lafferty is good enough to play the Martin role to about 90% of Martin's standard. We wouldn't be as good (assuming we soon reach our peak) as with Martin in, but every other player could continue in the roles that they were used to and rather than falling to pieces, we would be likely to just drop the odd point. If Lafferty had been on board last season we'd have finished in the top three.

As in the OP - Kyle Lafferty is good enough to play the Martin role to about 90% of Martin's standard. We wouldn't be as good (assuming we soon reach our peak) as with Martin in, but every other player could continue in the roles that they were used to and rather than falling to pieces, we would be likely to just drop the odd point. If Lafferty had been on board last season we'd have finished in the top three.

I would argue that Lafferty wouldn't have scored the goals, or been any more influential at the back end of last season than Darren Bent was.

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan. He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails."

The words of Palermo chairman Maurizo Zamparini on why Lafferty was sold after a successful season with the club in Serie B.

To be called an out-of-control womaniser by an Italian must mean you'll shag literally anything with a pulse, and decent looking ones without one, I'd assume.

Yann Kermogant would be an excellent loan signing & cover for Chris Martin

Already proven at this level last season and at 33 not expecting to start every week

Go get him Sam!

Please no. He's a donkey. Awful for Charlton and Leicester. Martin's the one who picks us up when we're down, Kermogant only performs when the goings good (ie Bournemouth), so he's not a replacement.

Archived