Mel Morris new owner

Derbylad01

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wanting half the team to be academy products in 5 years is a bonkers mental target. It's doable, but it means our youth recruitment needs to be the real business. Especially if we're in the Premier League.

Go up... proceed to do a Chelsea and buy up half the passable footballing children across the globe and keep loaning out until someone who's half decent is unearthed.

Tombo, how dare you question the power of the Dark Lord Morris!!! 

He is busy even now forging many magic rings in the depths of the Ipro stadium ready to hand out to the best and most able young talent in the footballing world!

He will tempt them with the promise of Premier League riches with yet more to come when, once they are proven,  the Champions League clubs come calling for their services.

They will be, all of them, deceived however! For Lord Morris has secretly forged his Ruling Ring and all those bright young things will be helplessly enslaved to his will and shall seek the fulfilment of no other success or designs but his own!  

Right, I'm off to round up some hobbits ...this time to help!!!

Personnel,I am really pleased Mel is now the owner of dcfc,he has put his money in,he seems grit determined to take us to the Premiership and above all keep us there,and he understands that things take time and effort,and most of all he is a Rams fan like all of us,but understands the need to be level headed which a lot of us do not,me included lol.

It's a little poor than the full length interview is only available on Ramsplayer, with a much shorter version on the OS.

No problem with player interviews and other content being that way, but to hide the new owners first interview behind a paywall isn't the most open of starts.

It's a little poor than the full length interview is only available on Ramsplayer, with a much shorter version on the OS.

No problem with player interviews and other content being that way, but to hide the new owners first interview behind a paywall isn't the most open of starts.

I agree. This premium content stuff is ridiculous. Someone needs to let Mel know it needs ending. 

Are you casting doubt on our new 'culture of transparency'?

I'm actually pretty sure that Mel would agree with this too. There might be some sort of contractual restriction with the player thing, I'm not really sure how it works. 

Something really heartening about this. In days of yor all football clubs were run by local big guys in town. There is a natural Gaia feeling about this. It is how it should be. In these days of huge money, business models, franchises and all the other things that make an industry tick, it makes me feel squidgy and warm inside that our club is owned by one of our own and he has a track record of success in numerous business fields. Good luck Mr Morris and a big thanks for the dosh and the injection of optimism and hope. 

happy days 

Great interview tbh.....even gibbo didn't manage to balls it up by answering his own questions.

MM was clearly thoughtful and considered and didn't just agree with the spoonfed answers.

over the years we've had so much grief from the boardroom that fans are naturally wary but if ever a bloke has shown his commitment and earned the right to become the custodian of the club we all hold dear then it is MM.

i'm sorry in a way to see the billionaires drift away but in the end the Americans were good for Derby County and deserve our gratitude.

I hope we don't see the old faces and free-loaders coming back.

time for a new era.

Archived