Mel Morris new owner

Derbylad01

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would we want American style improvements? Why would Mel bring American improvements?

We are English, he's English, we play in England. Not everything beyong p1ssing on your own shoes on a crumbling terrace with a lumpy bovril is 'American style'.

I'm sorry but why could he not bring good service and half-time entertainment?

These are typical features of  American sport which I thought LLP might bring.

Poor quality pies that run out after 5 minutes, gassy beer, coffee that tastes like Baldrick made it and a lame penalty shoot out doesn't quite cut it for me.

If you don't like pies just say so

Who actually eats a pie at the football and why? Before the game? What's the point, cheaper food available elsewhere.

Half time? I barely have time to get my beer down me with the queues at half time, let alone getting a pie as well. Or take it up with you and eat it in the stand which just distracts you from the game. I like to sing.

Nonsense. 

I actually think this is a bad move. The club is now completely Mel's toy. The previous arrangements allowed for a safety net if one of the owners group had cash problems.

Will Gatsby be back in town too?

MeI is now very much in the spotlight. If our fans have a run in with him. It could turn sour quick.

He's a Derby fan who probably wanted this ever since he bacme successful if not before, great move imo

Please do not mention Sam Rush and Lionel Pickering in the same sentence it is a insult to Lionel.

One gave the club every thing he had and will be revered by many for the passion he had for the club.

He spent his fortune on the club and brought a new chapter many wonderful memories, He had a massive input on

The move to Pride Park.  The banks for closed on him making way for the three amigo,s.

Sam Rush is a employee of the club ,paid a massive salary as C.E.O his input so far ,

Follow the boards instructions and bring in a director of football, with control of team affairs ,being with the club and not a

Manager,In his time with the club we were 10th in the championship in his 1st season and 8th in his last season.

So far not a lasting legacy

Who actually eats a pie at the football and why? Before the game? What's the point, cheaper food available elsewhere.

Half time? I barely have time to get my beer down me with the queues at half time, let alone getting a pie as well. Or take it up with you and eat it in the stand which just distracts you from the game. I like to sing.

Nonsense. 

I always have a pie, but I don't think I've ever had a beer at Derby. My dad somehow manages to not leave before HT, and still get back in time for me to eat it before the game begins. My hero.

Nonsense.

Bolton/Wigan fans?

I'm sorry but why could he not bring good service and half-time entertainment?

These are typical features of  American sport which I thought LLP might bring.

Poor quality pies that run out after 5 minutes, gassy beer, coffee that tastes like Baldrick made it and a lame penalty shoot out doesn't quite cut it for me.

You missed my point. Why does good food, drink and entertainment have to be American?

Most American food and drink is bland rubbish. We can do it well AND English.

I always have a pie, but I don't think I've ever had a beer at Derby. My dad somehow manages to not leave before HT, and still get back in time for me to eat it before the game begins. My hero.

Jesus, he must know someone that works behind the counter to get served that quick. Have to say that the bottled beer stands have been a massive massive help, so kudos to the club for that. Used to be a real nightmare though, you really would have to leave just before half time to stand a chance. You can usually not miss a moment now. Still a tight squeeze, can't dawdle on your drink.

After a wretched couple of months (fluctuating vision,tunes playing in the head,and double fecking achilles tendonitis,amongst other things,I came by a document at CH a few days ago and have been trying to hand write a long piece bit by bit over the last few days,only to find I can now rip it up and go back to keying as I think.

There was an allotment of shares in July of this year (3 tranches),but the document didn't give name/s of purchaser/s,which was my problem.However,it's now crystal clear.I have an issue with the DET reporting that Mel owned 22% in 2014,as my research showed that he owned 799,664 out of a total of 11,988,953 ordinary shares at that point,from memory less than 7%.Mind you,I'd admit that there could have been a pledge to take his holding to 22% at a later date.

Now to the document.The 3 tranches came to 2,429,372 shares and if you added this figure to both Mel's and the total shareholding (thus assuming Mel bought the lot),you then have Mel owning 3,229,036 out of a total of 14,418,325...................22.4% QED.The new information I have for you is that this resulted in a new cash injection of £11.9m worth of equity -absolutely no debt,in fact I'd now be pretty sure we're totally debt free.

I noticed that the DET reported that the payment of the c£20m of transfer fees was to be spread over 4 years @£5m/year,and I wonder if they've misinterpreted something here and that it really relates to amortisation. If you take £5m off the £11.9m,then £6.9m looks high to cover the cash loss on operations,although this will obviously have risen due to rising wage bill.However,this will have been countered by (probably) increasing revenues and the fact that last year's figures included a hefty all in sum for loanees,not as yet replicated this year (and with our permanent recruitments,hardly likely to be). My own guess is that these fees will be paid over 2 years (as usual) and that this £11.9m will now be supplemented.I also feel that the £11.9m (injected before the injuries) was possibly the original figure that was estimated (i.e. no intention at that time to splash big at end of window). I suspect that this ,together with a poor start, may have been a bridge too far for NAP as,even if Mel funded the lot,it would still have had negative implications for them if the plan failed. I hasten to add that this is pure speculation on my part.

Anyway,congratulations and a big thanks to Mel and I wish him all the best.Also,a big thanks to NAP- I know I wouldn't have been their favourite guy for several years,but in truth I really had issues with the statements of one chap now long departed.If it's any consolation to them,the complexities of 2 holding companies and an 'invisible' parent company gave me many headaches! Thanks for everything you did over the years,and sorry it didn't quite work out for you.

In the midst of all my tribulations came Butterfield -what a player! Head up,good passer,importantly at the right weight,and sees things so quickly.I'd guess that the much maligned Bent has now got a spring in his step.

Thanks to Mostyn for expressing concern.Unfortunately,anyone who's had similar tendon problems will be familiar with that pain shooting up the back of the calf.Sorry I didn't get back earlier-I've tried to keep up,but when things are often a blur,you feel lousy and you've got tunes playing in the head it's tough.All probably related to these wretched long term steroids (including tendonitis).    

You missed my point. Why does good food, drink and entertainment have to be American?

Most American food and drink is bland rubbish. We can do it well AND English.

Exactly.

We definitely need those famous classic quality American beers, right? Our beer and coffee isn't great now, but I'm sure it'll be improved with more of that caffeinated water Starbucks and piss-weak Budweiser.

Exactly.

We definitely need those famous classic quality American beers, right? Our beer and coffee isn't great now, but I'm sure it'll be improved with more of that caffeinated water Starbucks and piss-weak Budweiser.

Well you can get a decent pint of real ale now. Directly thanks to this forum. It's a start. 

Please do not mention Sam Rush and Lionel Pickering in the same sentence it is a insult to Lionel.

One gave the club every thing he had and will be revered by many for the passion he had for the club.

He spent his fortune on the club and brought a new chapter many wonderful memories, He had a massive input on

The move to Pride Park.  The banks for closed on him making way for the three amigo,s.

Sam Rush is a employee of the club ,paid a massive salary as C.E.O his input so far ,

Follow the boards instructions and bring in a director of football, with control of team affairs ,being with the club and not a

Manager,In his time with the club we were 10th in the championship in his 1st season and 8th in his last season.

So far not a lasting legacy

Mel Morris another chapter and deserves respect for having a go.He deserves his chance,Like Lionel Pickering a true fan ,A brave move       RESPECT

For what it's worth,having apparently just scraped through the £6m FFP for last year,and with an extra £7m to play with this year,I was a little alarmed to find that new amortisation has probably eaten into £5m of this,not leaving a great deal for additional wages.However,as I pointed out earlier, the loanees factor and probable increased income may well have dragged the situation back-but if we don't go up this year,don't expect much transfer excitement next year (without matching sales),because what we've done now has implications for the future in FFP terms.

For what it's worth,having apparently just scraped through the £6m FFP for last year,and with an extra £7m to play with this year,I was a little alarmed to find that new amortisation has probably eaten into £5m of this,not leaving a great deal for additional wages.However,as I pointed out earlier, the loanees factor and probable increased income may well have dragged the situation back-but if we don't go up this year,don't expect much transfer excitement next year (without matching sales),because what we've done now has implications for the future in FFP terms.

Exactly. I think we are investing heavily up front, then will spend the next windows fine tuning.

If we don't go up certain players will feel it's time to go anyway; martin, keogh, will, hendrick to name a few. They're all likely to go for decent fees.

Exactly. I think we are investing heavily up front, then will spend the next windows fine tuning.

From what Mel told you guys,it seemed clear to me that Mel was hell bent on supplying quality raw materials to his coach,who would then be expected to add value to them,hopefully gain promotion,and everyone would be happy.If PC should fail (and I don't expect him to),then the new guy would just have to get on working with a quality squad (poor chap). I doubt PC would get the chop even if we didn't get top six, as long as there was a very strong finish to the season with signs that it was all coming together.

Archived