Under 21s & Academy 15/16

cheron85

Derby, Brighton, Man Utd, Newcastle, Norwich, Southampton, Stoke, Swansea get to fight it out for who's the best of the teams who finished in the bottom 4 of the two U18PL divisions :lol: Weird format.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have four games to play, two at home and two away. Arsenal have seven games left, but only two at home.

Recipe for promotion is to win our four games and hope that Arsenal lose away to Villa (or draw two other games than against us). We have to play two games before Arsenal play again. So in a perfect world, we could be eleven points ahead of Arsenal with them having still seven games to play. We would then have two games left, the last being Arsenal at the IPro. We can get 48 points and Arsenal can still get 52 points but we have to play them.All to play for. We need to play three over age players in each of the last four games. It is called, trying everything to win the League.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

We have four games to play, two at home and two away. Arsenal have seven games left, but only two at home.

Recipe for promotion is to win our four games and hope that Arsenal lose away to Villa (or draw two other games than against us). We have to play two games before Arsenal play again. So in a perfect world, we could be eleven points ahead of Arsenal with them having still seven games to play. We would then have two games left, the last being Arsenal at the IPro. We can get 48 points and Arsenal can still get 52 points but we have to play them.All to play for. We need to play three over age players in each of the last four games. It is called, trying everything to win the League.

Promotion isn't the aim. The right style of football is.

I say that with some facetiousness, but actually I'm serious too. The fact we're up there in contention is credit enough for the youngsters.

19 hours ago, Tombo said:

Promotion isn't the aim. The right style of football is.

I say that with some facetiousness, but actually I'm serious too. The fact we're up there in contention is credit enough for the youngsters.

The 'youngsters' need to be playing against Premier League U21s. Let the best show what they can do and the others may have to move on. If you can get promotion, then get it. If they had played three older players against Reading last year they probably would have been promoted.

52 minutes ago, swansea ram said:

Off to watch the U21s v Swansea U21s later.

And a day off work. :P

Actually a huge day for the 21's. Derby have 4 games remaining and sit top of the table on 36 points. Arsenal are second but 3 games in hand on Derby, and are on 31 points. Villa sit 3rd on 31 with one game in hand, and Stoke sit 4th on 29, and we have a game in hand over them.

1st gets auto promotion and then the top 4 go into the play offs. We play Arsenal before the season closes so that'll be a huge game. 

U21's have a big boost of having Will play for them! Wonder if he'll feature today or on Friday Vs West Brom.... 

Never heard of Ravas?

Also, what kind of formation is this? Only out and out defender I can see is Rawson! Presumably Koblenz will be playing CB too, and I'm guessing Santos might be playing as one of the full backs? Who is Macdonald? Guessing he must be other one, as it won't be Shaq as he's on loan?

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Never heard of Ravas?

Also, what kind of formation is this? Only out and out defender I can see is Rawson! Presumably Koblenz will be playing CB too, and I'm guessing Santos might be playing as one of the full backs? Who is Macdonald? Guessing he must be other one, as it won't be Shaq as he's on loan?

Ravas is the young Slovak we signed in January. Koblenz has played most of the season as a centre back and Santos and Macdonald have played at full back a lot this season. I believe Macdonald has played most of his youth as a right winger.

Looks like it could be 4-4-2 diamond. 

Ravas

Santos Rawson Koblenz Macdonald

Elsnik

Calero Guy

Vernam

Thomas Zanzala

Archived