Under 21s & Academy 15/16

cheron85

Teams in U21s Division 1 - Big difference in number of games played to date here. Reading and Boro were promoted last year.

1 Sunderland U21                
2 Man Utd U21                
3 Everton U21                
4 Spurs U21                
5 Man City U21                
6 Reading U21                
7 Chelsea U21                
8 Liverpool U21                
9 Southampton U21                
10 Middlesbrough U21                
11 Norwich U21                
12 Leicester U21                

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The U21s' are trying to do their bit to raise morale in the club - leading Wolves 1-0 early into the 2nd half (Callum Guy). A win puts us back above Arsenal and 4pts clear of Villa in 3rd place, though I'm not sure if 2nd to 5th go into a playoff, in which case we're banjaxed!

4 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

The U21s' are trying to do their bit to raise morale in the club - leading Wolves 1-0 early into the 2nd half (Callum Guy). A win puts us back above Arsenal and 4pts clear of Villa in 3rd place, though I'm not sure if 2nd to 5th go into a playoff, in which case we're banjaxed!

No, play offs. Top two go up, W20

#   Team MP W D L F A D P    
1   Derby County U21 16 10 2 4 34 20 +14 32 WDWWL
2 Previous rank: 3 Arsenal U21 14 9 3 2 29 15 +14 30 WWDDW
3 Previous rank: 2 Aston Villa U21 16 8 4 4 19 20 -1 28 WWDWL
4   West Bromwich … 15 6 7 2 18 12 +6 25

Six games to go for us, four at home, including Arsenal and WBA

Villa and WBA can get 46 points, 15 points needed for promotion as is.

12 minutes ago, Rampage said:

No, play offs. Top two go up, W20

Just checked the Premier League website which says in Div 2, 2nd will play home to 5th in a playoff and 3rd will be home to the 4th placed team. The 2 winners will then play at the main stadium of the highest placed finalist.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Just checked the Premier League website which says in Div 2, 2nd will play home to 5th in a playoff and 3rd will be home to the 4th placed team. The 2 winners will then play at the main stadium of the highest placed finalist.

It has changed since last season then. Oh crapola. Now we need to win it. Link? 

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Villa and WBA can get 46 points, 15 points needed for promotion as is.

Above is not correct. Only top team is promoted automatically. Play offs for next four teams. Time to play some over age players and win the last six games?

Just now, Rampage said:

It has changed since last season then. Oh crapola. Now we need to win it. Link? 

Don't be silly - I'm old and don't do links but if you google 'premier league U21 playoffs 2015-16 you should find it. Hope it's wrong but doesn't look like

I was watching the U18 highlights vs. West Brom and noticed we've picked up a new trialist! Russell Carter-Thompson (via Fulham I believe?) Anyone know more about him?

And speaking of trialists, was wondering if Alex Samizadeh's trial period with us worked out? (Bolton player)

On 2/9/2016 at 19:42, rhysbeck said:

I was watching the U18 highlights vs. West Brom and noticed we've picked up a new trialist! Russell Carter-Thompson (via Fulham I believe?) Anyone know more about him?

And speaking of trialists, was wondering if Alex Samizadeh's trial period with us worked out? (Bolton player)

Russell -C-T is a midfielder who won an international competition with the U16s. regarded as a prospect.

Archived