Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you ask me £3 million plus for Butterfield is already well over the odds. Huddersfield should snap our hands off!

I saw some members touting him as possibly their best player for the past god-knows how many years, therefore, I can see why they don't see £3million as a big offer. 

I don't think we will sign him without upping our bid, mind. I fancy him to stay at Huddersfield and us to snap a half-decent player on a short-term loan until January. 

Got a mate who is a lifelong Huddersfield fan - 100% firm that Butterfield is not worth more than £3m and if they get £4m any club would have paid over the odds (and hopefully the Chairman accepts it)...he did say easily their best player..but also that their Chairman is a massive Huddersfield fan and wont want to sell unless for well over the odds

Time will tell I guess..

Posted tonight on Wigan' site..

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/article/jordy-hiwula-joins-wigan-athletic-whilst-emyr-huws-leaves-2651668.aspx

Jordy Hiwula and Emyr Huws in loan swap between Latics and Huddersfield Town.

England Under 19 striker Jordy Hiwula joins Wigan Athletic on loan from Huddersfield Town.
Wales international midfielder Emyr Huws moves to the John Smith’s Stadium on loan as part of the deal.
“Jordy is a prospect, we’re excited to have him on board.” - Caldwell on Hiwula.

Wigan Athletic can confirm that England Under 19 striker Jordy Hiwula has joined the club on loan until the end of the season in a deal that sees Emyr Huws move the other way, also on loan until the end of the campaign.
20-year-old Hiwula joined the Terriers last month having come through the ranks at Manchester City. He has represented England at Under 18 and Under 19 level and also scored nine goals in 19 appearances on loan for Walsall last season.  
Gary Caldwell said: “Jordy’s a young player full of potential , he can play centrally or come in from wide.
“His football education has been excellent, coming through the City Academy where he was prolific at every age. His time at Walsall last season gives him crucial experience in this league and tells me he can continue to transfer that potential into goals for us. With Shaq Coulthirst possibly not returning, we needed to move quickly to fill the gap in the squad.”
21-year-old Huws has not featured for Latics since the away draw against Ipswich Town last January after surgery on an ankle injury.
“As regards Emyr, he told me clearly he did not want to stay at the club in League One,” Caldwell added. “I feel that is disrespectful to his team mates, myself, the chairman and the supporters.
“He is a quality player but the bottom line is that we need 100% commitment and every single member of the squad pulling in the same direction. It has been a disappointing situation but we have got a tremendous group of players in our dressing room and we move on.”
Huws signed for Latics, initially on loan, from Manchester City in the summer of 2014, which was made into a permanent transfer on transfer deadline day in September 2014. His first season at the club was interrupted by injury, however, and he featured in only 16 league matches in total, including one as a substitute.
Read more at http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/article/jordy-hiwula-joins-wigan-athletic-whilst-emyr-huws-leaves-2651668.aspx#ECXK1sp4xrPfeXRe.99

also that their Chairman is a massive Huddersfield fan and wont want to sell unless for well over the odds

Some fan he is, flogging off half the team. Terriers fans all gasped in shock when the Butterfield bids were met with a "not for sale" because that's the first time he's said it about any player all summer. Poor sods.

That said, don't close the fire sale just yet please Mr Chairman.

Some fan he is, flogging off half the team. Terriers fans all gasped in shock when the Butterfield bids were met with a "not for sale" because that's the first time he's said it about any player all summer. Poor sods.

That said, don't close the fire sale just yet please Mr Chairman.

I'm not sure I agree.  I had the misfortune to read pretty much all of the (Huddersfield) DATM Butterfield to Derby thread last night. Several themes cropped up,

• they believe their chairman will pull our pants down on the fee just like he did when they sold Rhodes to Blackburn
  • they are short in terms of squad depth and any ins for them are a result of the Smithies sale to QPR and not pre-emptive of a Butterfield sale
  • some bloke in the 1960's (?) was miles better than Butterfield (and played with George Best in the Northern Ireland team) but beyond that Butterfield is their second best player since the Herbert Chapman era
  • they're bloody rude to each other (this may be due to the fact they're all from Yorkshire and can't back down) but I tell you Rampage would be having them all in for double detention!

I'm not sure I agree.  I had the misfortune to read pretty much all of the (Huddersfield) DATM Butterfield to Derby thread last night. Several themes cropped up,

• they believe their chairman will pull our pants down on the fee just like he did when they sold Rhodes to Blackburn
  • they are short in terms of squad depth and any ins for them are a result of the Smithies sale to QPR and not pre-emptive of a Butterfield sale
  • some bloke in the 1960's (?) was miles better than Butterfield (and played with George Best in the Northern Ireland team) but beyond that Butterfield is their second best player since the Herbert Chapman era
  • they're bloody rude to each other (this may be due to the fact they're all from Yorkshire and can't back down) but I tell you Rampage would be having them all in for double detention!

I read on there when the interest first popped up and they were depressed as hell about the whole thing. Losing Coady, Smithies, possibly also now Vaughan and Butterfield. Plus the chairman refusing to give Gobern a new contract in the summer, and he's now at QPR.

Feel like Butterfield is just what we need - would rather spend £4m or so on him than £3m on f*****g Gouffran. Hopefully the Huddersfield signings mean they are able to let go of him.

Gouffran is a free agent and not a striker. Not sure you have the right player. 

I read on there when the interest first popped up and they were depressed as hell about the whole thing. Losing Coady, Smithies, possibly also now Vaughan and Butterfield. Plus the chairman refusing to give Gobern a new contract in the summer, and he's now at QPR.

I think when the news first broke those sentiments were expressed, but they had seem to have changed.  They seemed to roast a Ram Fan who posted in peace (Lally?!?) and spent a lot if time discussing how Rhodes would have been sold for 4m but their Chairman had Blackburn by the balls.  There seemed to be hope Butterfield was staying (that wasn't there when the story first broke) and would be sold summer 2016.

They're still bloody offensive mind...

Archived