Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If (and it's a big if) we go up, anyone else thing Brad Johnson back to Norwich might happen? Think his real home as a player is with Norwich, the way Martin's home is as Derby's number 9?

He's one of our squad I don't see being able to make the step up.

They should defiantly keep Alex Neil. 

Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol Newcastle united.

34 minutes ago, curtains said:

Getting back to Sunderland.

Big Sam deserves a medal for his January transfer dealings. 

http://www.skysports.com/sunderland-transfers

He's a fantastic crisis manager. 

He hasn't yet proved he can build a squad.

West Ham for instance have done even better and with greater style under bilic. 

But sams a great guy.

Always been a fan of Big Sam, since his Bolton days (managing, obviously).

Sky commentator came out with a stat that I found interesting. No team, including Villa, has been in the relegation zone for as much of the season as Sunderland have. 

11 hours ago, HantsRam said:

He's a fantastic crisis manager. 

He hasn't yet proved he can build a squad.

West Ham for instance have done even better and with greater style under bilic. 

But sams a great guy.

West Ham have improved, but Bolton and Newcastle nose-dived after he left (after four conseuctive seasons in the top 10 with Bolton, only got half a season with Newcastle who ousted him for Keegan for no real reason). 

I hope he's given a chance at an extended run by Sunderland, and I hope he does well.

22 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

I can't really think of anyone who actually overrates Stones anymore? His performances this season have been really poor.

Like you said fans know Stones has been poor and is actually not a very good defender. Still very overrated by the English media particularly the sky sports pundits like Jamie Redknapp who says he will easily get the Barca or Real Madrid team and another said yesterday that Stones is the best defender at passing in europe. Chris Smalling's improvements deserve a lot of credit, people talk about Vardy coming from non league but forget Smalling was the same.

22 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Stones is vastly over-rated. He's a show pony and is just fortunate that he's possibly the only British CB that's broken through in the last couple of seasons.

Sunderland will be safe mid-table next season. Palace will replace them in the annual struggle.

Agreed. First thing you want for a defender is to defend. Defending should come first then comes other attributes like passing. Not the other way around. English media are looking for the next Ferdinand when in reality Stones is not very good at all. Call me crazy but I think even Ben Gibson from Boro has surpassed Stones now , although having said that Gibson has always performed better than Stones in the England youth set up.

On 5 May 2016 at 23:48, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Sevilla will win the Europa League AGAIN.

Told you so. 

On 6 May 2016 at 02:26, ronnieronalde said:

You and @Bris Vegas should team up. Such amazing football knowledge on one forum shouldn't be allowed really.

It's not fair on the rest of us.

Cough cough.

Archived