Alex Pritchard

SouthernRam

I think it's fairly well known by now that we have shown some interest and made an initial loan bid. I reckon this one could definitely prosper, hence deserves its own thread for a bit of debate and future developments?! But just to confirm it here as a link from the DET:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Spurs-midfielder-said-Rams-list/story-27607370-detail/story.html

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's certainly the right guy to replace Hughes. Very good on the ball, creative and an eye for goal. Only problem is will they eventually let him out on loan. 

There's also another promising youngster at Spurs in Dele Alli. Same sort of player, may be available at some point.

I can imagine a loan until January is our best chance.

Yep. I don't think they want to send him out for the whole season (especially with no callback) because they potentially see him breaking through in the second half of the season to the match day squad. They certainly won't let him leave until they have made a few additions themselves. We might have to wait a couple of weeks before we can get him. 

PistoldPete2

The thread was closed because Spurs said they didnt want to loan him out.

so why don't we buy him then? Clem says we are after two midfielders. 

Ibe style loan. Get him in and let them have him back if they need him in January. Hughes won't be far off and we can get a replacement in January if it comes to that.

I imagine after the success the lad had last season he will want to be playing week in week out. He won't get that at Tottenham, simple. His choice if he wants to sit on the bench with the odd game or become a key player, either for us or for the host of clubs I'd imagine would also be after him if he was available.

To put it simply, he was the best individual player I saw against us last season and I think he'd be a fantastic signing.

This will all come down to his new contract offer. If he signs, they may let him out on a 1-3 month loan to get his fitness up.

If he won't they may well accept an offer in excess of the compensation they would get in the summer.

obviously we have no idea how negotiations are going and want Pritchard intends to do. But Stone Cold Sam Rush might. 

I imagine after the success the lad had last season he will want to be playing week in week out. He won't get that at Tottenham, simple. His choice if he wants to sit on the bench with the odd game or become a key player, either for us or for the host of clubs I'd imagine would also be after him if he was available.

Not sure it is that simple. Pochetino seems to play players based on form/ability, rather than reputation or size of transfer fee.  He did it at Southampton, and there are lots of young guys at Spurs getting opportunities - Mason and Bentaleb. I think Pritchard has a good a chance as any to get a bit of premiership game time if he is with Spurs.  Shame; it would be a good signing otherwise.

Not sure it is that simple. Pochetino seems to play players based on form/ability, rather than reputation or size of transfer fee.  He did it at Southampton, and there are lots of young guys at Spurs getting opportunities - Mason and Bentaleb. I think Pritchard has a good a chance as any to get a bit of premiership game time if he is with Spurs.  Shame; it would be a good signing otherwise.

He isn't the same sort of midfielder. In attacking midfield there's a lot of players he's paid a lot of money for

Couldn't understand the original thread being closed. If it was because Spurs said he's not leaving, by the same reasoning the George Thorne thread would have only been a couple of pages. We know Sam gets his man. I hope his man is Pritchard.

Yeah but Tottenham aren't Hull or West Brom. If they say he's not available, Then I imagine that will be the end of it.

Yeah Spurs may allow him to go on loan once they have done all there business and the window closes, But I think we will be looking to get someone in sooner rather than later.

Yeah but Tottenham aren't Hull or West Brom. If they say he's not available, Then I imagine that will be the end of it.

Yeah Spurs may allow him to go on loan once they have done all there business and the window closes, But I think we will be looking to get someone in sooner rather than later.

Normally i'd agree but he hasn't signed a contract that was offered to him 3 months ago and now hass less than a year to run on his existing one.

That gives us a sniff.

Normally i'd agree but he hasn't signed a contract that was offered to him 3 months ago and now hass less than a year to run on his existing one.

That gives us a sniff.

It doesn't look promising for him at Spurs does it. Get's offered a new deal, has yet to sign it. Probably made all sorts of promises to him, yet he has not even featured in the match day squad in the league. I thought he had signed the long term contract. Either way I think we can get him here. Whether that is on loan or as a purchase. 

It doesn't look promising for him at Spurs does it. Get's offered a new deal, has yet to sign it. Probably made all sorts of promises to him, yet he has not even featured in the match day squad in the league. I thought he had signed the long term contract. Either way I think we can get him here. Whether that is on loan or as a purchase. 

To be fair, he got injured at the U21 Euros and only just played his first U21 game for Spurs this week. Scored 2.

To be fair, he got injured at the U21 Euros and only just played his first U21 game for Spurs this week. Scored 2.

Ahh yes. Forgot about that. But it's still not promising that he has yet to sign. Plus Spurs are in the market fro more attacking players. 

Archived