Alex Pritchard

SouthernRam

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harsh on Hanson though do you think?

Not saying sign Bridcutt to come and kick Hanson out the team, but we're definitely lacking numbers in midfield and he would be a brilliant addition to that. Weimann is having to wait for his chance to start due to Russell's form and Bridcutt would be the same, he'd have to wait for Hanson to have a dip in form to get his chance

I was thinking that. Hanson's form and abilities would make me think a more creative midfielder like Bannan or Butterfield would be more advantageous.

I was initially for signing Bridcutt as I wasn't too sure about Hanson. But after yesterday I  could see the point in it if we played 4-2-3-1 but we'd have to play it a lot to make it worth it and I was hoping the 4-3-3 was back with a vengeance really.

If we play 4-2-3-1 every now and then Thorne, Hanson and if needs be Baird should be ok. Bridcutt would be an expensive player to only play every now and again or act as cover for 4-3-3.

He never occurred to me until the other poster mentioned him but Butterfield would be a great replacement for Hughes and a good signing even when Hughes comes back. Hughes, Thorne and Butterfield! Now that would be a midfield and a half.

Hanson's being given game time because of the injuries to Hughes and Bryson and whilst i think he has a real future, it would be unfair on the lad to expect him to provide what we need in midfield in the medium term. This part of the team needs beefing up and Bridcutt would provide the power and energy whilst Pritchard would give much needed width and also, importantly, a real goal threat. Wishful thinking that we could get both!

If we get Bridcutt then I hope it's not as a replacement for Hughes. Bridcutt and no one else in the middle then it's Hendrick and Bryson as the two more attacking midfielders and Thorne, Bridcutt, Hanson and if needed Baird as more defensive midfielders. If we mostly play 4-3-3, as I hope we do, then obviously that's going to take some rejigging to get a defensive midfielder to play in a more attaching role.

Why don't we just replace Hughes with somebody who actually plays a little bit like Hughes? That's no easy task but I'm sure we can get someone closer to Hughes' style than Bridcutt. If we're getting Bridcutt and another (Butterfield? Bannan? Pritchard - can he play in the middle?) then ******* hell! We've already spent 10 million though.

Imagine:

GK: Carson/Grant

RB: Baird/Shotton/Christie/Ssewankambo

RCB: Keogh/Pearce/Shotton

LCB: Shackell/Buxton

LB: Literally anyone/Forsyth/Warnock

DM: Thorne/Hanson/Hendrick

DM: Hudlestone?/Bryson/Dawkins

RM: Ince/Weimann

AM: Hughes/Weimann/Butterfield?/Pritchard?/Bryson/Hendrick/Dawkins

LM: Antonio?/Russell/Weimann

ST: Martin/Bent/Weimann

A left back, a winger an attacking midfielder and defensive one and that's the best squad in the league. With the best ground, manager, board and fans ;)

Imagine:

GK: Carson/Grant

RB: Baird/Shotton/Christie/Ssewankambo

RCB: Keogh/Pearce/Shotton

LCB: Shackell/Buxton

LB: Literally anyone/Forsyth/Warnock

DM: Thorne/Hanson/Hendrick

DM: Hudlestone?/Bryson/Dawkins

RM: Ince/Weimann

AM: Hughes/Weimann/Butterfield?/Pritchard?/Bryson/Hendrick/Dawkins

LM: Antonio?/Russell/Weimann

ST: Martin/Bent/Weimann

A left back, a winger an attacking midfielder and defensive one and that's the best squad in the league. With the best ground, manager, board and fans ;)

did we sign ALL four of the Weimann quadruplets?

Archived