We need to calm down!

climbon

Ok so not good performance in the first 2 games, but Clement is new to management and this team, give him a chance.

We know 433 works well with this team, but we also cried out last season for a plan B. Clement is trying something new, something mac didn't. If this 442 diamond or the 4231 worked then we'd be lauding it up. So far they haven't worked, bit at least we know that now. 

I believe we'll see 433 again within the next 2 or 3 games. Now is not the time to panic.

If we see 442 diamond in the next 3 games, with little improvment, then I'll start to worry.

(As a side note i think 4231 can work but with Martin behind Weimann/Bent and Russell and ince on the wing. We'd also need Hanson to step up or get another DM on loan)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm calm, and not overly concerned.

Clement told me at McDonald's this morning we are playing 4 3 3 on Saturday.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I don't know whether this is a joke or whether I should believe you or not.

At first I thought "he's just messing about facetiously pretending to be ITK" then I thought "that's not all that implausible". Then I thought "no, wait, yes it is".

Or is it?..

The issue isn't so much a change of system. With SM we literally could only play one exact way. To the point where we were so predictable, the 'changes' he made were desperate. We don't need an overhaul, a plan B that is very different. We just need a plan A.1 A.2 and A.3. Some variety, that's all. We have Thorne back. Loosing Hughes is a blow, but if Thorne can play most matches that will be a huge improvement. Carson looks to now be cemented as our number 1. Grant made multiple errors last season and is not commanding enough from corners. So we have improvement there...hopefully.

Shackell is also going to be great in our back line. Bringing much needed stability, reliability and consistency. We just need to effectively fill that gaping hole Hughes has left. Whether that is by bringing someone in or other players stepping up. Either way that won't be easy. We also just need to get back to playing free flowing attacking football. We have the personnel to do so and with Thorne and Shackell in the side, we should be far less concerned about getting caught out. 

I'm calm, and not overly concerned.

Clement told me at McDonald's this morning we are playing 4 3 3 on Saturday.

like it  :thumbsup:     and i know its true  ...i saw you  both    and you let  Clement  pay for your scran  ...     i was there with  Joey Barton  ..  discussing his move to Derby ..then he head butted that young Lady...he does show me up at times  :D

The issue isn't so much a change of system. With SM we literally could only play one exact way. To the point where we were so predictable, the 'changes' he made were desperate. We don't need an overhaul, a plan B that is very different. We just need a plan A.1 A.2 and A.3. Some variety, that's all. We have Thorne back. Loosing Hughes is a blow, but if Thorne can play most matches that will be a huge improvement. Carson looks to now be cemented as our number 1. Grant made multiple errors last season and is not commanding enough from corners. So we have improvement there...hopefully.

Shackell is also going to be great in our back line. Bringing much needed stability, reliability and consistency. We just need to effectively fill that gaping hole Hughes has left. Whether that is by bringing someone in or other players stepping up. Either way that won't be easy. We also just need to get back to playing free flowing attacking football. We have the personnel to do so and with Thorne and Shackell in the side, we should be far less concerned about getting caught out. 

Actually, although noone has said it I rather missed Keoghs marauding runs out of the backline last night. They may be crazy and unpredictable but something that introduced a bit of unexpected variety might just have helped.

Actually, although noone has said it I rather missed Keoghs marauding runs out of the backline last night. They may be crazy and unpredictable but something that introduced a bit of unexpected variety might just have helped.

I have personally never had a problem with them or when Buxton used to run into the final third of the pitch either. If the space opens up like that, go into it. What tends to happen is the opposition is caught out and instead of 1 getting drawn to you, you get 2 even 3. You create the space for the attackers. But I want our forwards and CM to be making those kind of direct runs. Often. That's why I think Bennett may get his opportunity sooner rather than later and take it. 

Hopefully dawks steps up now and in a diamond formation I think he could shine behind the strikers!

Perhaps we should club together to get him a shoe 'shine' kit because that may be the only way he is going to shine, he is so inconsistent in his performances, however he is not alone as other players fail to meet the standards that we expect of them and possibly they fail to realise that the Championship is a competitive league and getting promotion is not going to be easy, most of all they have to be reminded that football is a team game and lazy prima donnas are not going to enhance our chances of promotion.

Honestly getting bored of some of our supporters

Derby till I die but come on, it was the Mickey Mouse Cup after all.

Agree the over-reaction is a bit much but I don't like this "Mickey Mouse" cup thing, usually just after being knocked out the line starts being peddled. Over a 1000 Rams were down there last night, we'd pack out Wembley if we made it far enough, we've had sold out ties with great atmospheres in recent years - its a competitive fixture and money and pride is at stake. Losing to a L2 side is an embarrassment, devaluing the competition doesn't make a jot of difference to that fact in my opinion.

Lets move on now, maybe it'll help our league campaign not having so many games.

Agree the over-reaction is a bit much but I don't like this "Mickey Mouse" cup thing, usually just after being knocked out the line starts being peddled. Over a 1000 Rams were down there last night, we'd pack out Wembley if we made it far enough, we've had sold out ties with great atmospheres in recent years - its a competitive fixture and money and pride is at stake. Losing to a L2 side is an embarrassment, devaluing the competition doesn't make a jot of difference to that fact in my opinion.

Lets move on now, maybe it'll help our league campaign not having so many games.

Ken is in for a shock

if we didn't have the players for plan a what makes you think we could have had a plan b.

Archived