What's happened to Martin and Bent.

Curtains

Two ******* games in curtains. Just 1/46th of a league season played yet. People can have concerns, I've got concerns myself but you're all acting like spoiled children, demanding world class football and some of you slagging off the manager and attacking his lack of experience already. It's just not on. No other team in this league has fans this impatient.

I'm sure these people were not here before success came to us. I noticed a little thing you know. Last game of the season when Shaun Barker had his little goodbye thing to the fans. I had hoped the crowd would erupt into a chorus of "You'll never beat Shaun Barker". What happened was a few murmurs and "There's only one Shaun Barker" came from the South Stand.

Now either people just have short memories and don't remember that was Shaun Barkers song, or they simply weren't there when Shaun Barker was 'never to be beaten'. Small thing I know, but I reckon it's the latter.

I have a feeling all this newfound arrogance from our fans comes from the same thing. Only became interested when things are going well and now frustrated because they expect a ridiculous level from the players. Give them time, we've still got a great squad and a team more than capable of promotion.

**** off back into the woodwork.

(Not you curtains, more of a general point)

The manager needs time but he's made a few decisions IMO that are irritating a few people .

I started this thread because I'm just wondering where our goals are going to come from as both our main strikers are looking ineffective  .

Now that could be due to lack of service or the system we are playing  .

Bent and Martin need service to flourish but they also need to step up as well  

Its all early days but at this point I'm not going to say we are playing well if we ain't or praise individuals either that need to improve  

As for the Fans I think Derby Fans are very good and give them credit for turning out in numbers  

Football fans are fickle but Derby fans will always back their team even though they may moan sometimes  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have the worst fans in the league. The good work of the 1884 lot is wasted on you prats.

It's the downside of Forest being ****, all those with half a brain cell are choosing us instead.

Seriously though it's ******* embarrassing. Grown men throwing their toys out the pram because we haven't got instant success or don't play as well as Real Madrid.

These are probably the same men who cry after sex because they couldn't do that handstand move like they saw on hub.

All football fans in England are fickle, believe me we aren't one of the worst. We need to look at german fans , they support their teams no matter what.

Borussia Dortmund selling out their stadium when bottom of the league. The crowd staying behind to applaud the team after another loss. Shockingly, they end up turning their form around. I wonder what could have caused that?

Imagine the attendance at Derby if we were bottom of the league a third into the season. 

Borussia Dortmund selling out their stadium when bottom of the league. The crowd staying behind to applaud the team after another loss. Shockingly, they end up turning their form around. I wonder what could have caused that?

Imagine the attendance at Derby if we were bottom of the league a third into the season. 

At £9 a match I'm sure they do

Well I do, and as I posted on another thread the manager has excellent credentials and needs time to find his best team and get them playing the way he wants. It'll come. I actually thought an away draw plus clean sheet at Bolton was fine. Last night was rubbish but there you go. Two games in and you're already writing off our two strikers. Good work. 

Just out of interest what is the 'good work of the 1884 lot'? And that is a genuine question as I have not heard or seen any good work that they have done.

We've set ourselves up to try and enhance the matchday atmosphere by creating visual support through flags, banners, streamers, card displays, etc.

Also encouraging DCFC fans to take responsibility for supporting the team, not allowing frustrations to turn into abuse of the players, and giving 100% support during the game, same as we expect the players to do. 

All starts Saturday - 350 black and white flags, 200 white streamers, 10kg black and white confetti, 100 black and white balloons. Look to the South Stand just before kick off!

Info here - 1884group.weebly.com

We've set ourselves up to try and enhance the matchday atmosphere by creating visual support through flags, banners, streamers, card displays, etc.

Also encouraging DCFC fans to take responsibility for supporting the team, not allowing frustrations to turn into abuse of the players, and giving 100% support during the game, same as we expect the players to do. 

All starts Saturday - 350 black and white flags, 200 white streamers, 10kg black and white confetti, 100 black and white balloons. Look to the South Stand just before kick off!

Good on you I'm impressed .

Well done. 

PS I Hope either Martin or Bent score on Saturday and we get the win. 

Think Ince might score the first though. 

Good on you I'm impressed .

Well done. 

PS I Hope either Martin or Bent score on Saturday and we get the win. 

Think Ince might score the first though. 

Both. Martin to set us on our way. Bent to come on for the final 15 and run a tiring defence ragged..Incey on the score sheet too - a nice little 3-0.

Sure new systems take time to bed in, but whilst they do I think it reasonable to expect the same level of visible endeavour as for the past couple of seasons. Not to look so slow, flat and static. We'd have forgiven much more easily if we'de seen attempted fast paced, one-touch football that just didn't quite come off due to final ball being to wrong space or the wrong run being made or whatever.

It's the manner of the performance which was unacceptable and surprising.

Cheers for that

Reckon they'll be alright if 

Martin - Doesn't keep having the ball kicked over his head or if he's lucky, at his head

Bent - Plays in a team where we have the ball being passed around somewhere neat his half of the pitch. To get a touch v Portsmouth he needed to either be 18ft or in our goal.

2 games in though is no time to judge any player or coach. 

Against Charlton it seemed like we just weren't giving the ball to Martin anywhere near as much as we used to - or am I imagining that?

Given that we all made such a fuss about his hold-up play being missed when he was out and the wheels fell off last season, it seems odd that he saw so little of the ball.

Also - he was the most fouled player in the championship the last 2 seasons, and I think it was 75 minutes on Saturday before he won his first foul - or more accurately got the ball in a position where he could execute his "special move"

Against Charlton it seemed like we just weren't giving the ball to Martin anywhere near as much as we used to - or am I imagining that?

Given that we all made such a fuss about his hold-up play being missed when he was out and the wheels fell off last season, it seems odd that he saw so little of the ball.

Also - he was the most fouled player in the championship the last 2 seasons, and I think it was 75 minutes on Saturday before he won his first foul - or more accurately got the ball in a position where he could execute his "special move"

It was a game of remarkably few fouls. Derby committed just 3 in the game, and most of Charlton's were in the last 20 minutes when they were hanging on. I think there were only 2 in the entire first half.

Bent like most strikers needs game time,and i understand the question.

A big .signing for us ,and must be on good wages,so it seems strange he is not in the starting line up.

Is he carrying a injury,i assume he is.But if someone has a explanation,be nice to hear it.

He was a major coup 

It was a game of remarkably few fouls. Derby committed just 3 in the game, and most of Charlton's were in the last 20 minutes when they were hanging on. I think there were only 2 in the entire first half.

Referee had naff all to do... Seemed to be blind in one eye after 5 minutes though.... 

Archived