Learning Curve

Gladram

I think Paul Clement is going through a learning curve of formations, tatics and players. He is use to coaching better quality players who are more adaptable to changes, able to absorb pressure before dominating game's something we can't yet do.

I'll accept poor games and losing a few if Paul learns the limitations of the players and adapts to them 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is still:

Carson

Baird  Keogh  Shackell   Forsyth

Thorne     Hanson

Ince           Martin        Russell

Weimann

We need the tempo to be much higher and for us to be far more direct. 

I think Paul Clement is going through a learning curve of formations, tatics and players. He is use to coaching better quality players who are more adaptable to changes, able to absorb pressure before dominating game's something we can't yet do.

I'll accept poor games and losing a few if Paul learns the limitations of the players and adapts to them 

Rather than accept the limitations of the players my expectations Clement given his coaching pedigree was to coach them to become more proficient footballers but that's just me

I;m not one for 'getting' formations - but we looked too congested in midfield and not wide enough and if I can see it, it's bad lol  nothing flowing.  - I can also see how good Thorne is - he calms it all down and plays the ball, a lot like Will Hughes. We will miss that lad. :(

It's Not the players, it's the tactics. Far, far to Narrow, absolutely no width whatsoever and far to deep and negative, it's very Nigel Clough like in the fact that we seem to be far more worried about them than us. We set up today like we we're going to play Chelsea when in fact we played Portsmouths reserves. If we keep setting up  like this in the Championship we will get rolled over week in week out, Jurys out on Clement for me, 2 games in or not! He looked shell shocked tonight. 

we just got turned over by Portsmouths second team. . . Portsmouths second team.

let that sink in a little 

One thing I've learned tonight is that motivating highly paid internationals at Real Madrid is a million miles away from motivating Championship players a lot of them looked totally disinterested tonight Clement needs to find a better way of engaging them pretty sharpish

It's Not the players, it's the tactics. Far, far to Narrow, absolutely no width whatsoever and far to deep and negative, it's very Nigel Clough like in the fact that we seem to be far more worried about them than us. We set up today like we we're going to play Chelsea when in fact we played Portsmouths reserves. If we keep setting up  like this in the Championship we will get rolled over week in week out, Jurys out on Clement for me, 2 games in or not! He looked shell shocked tonight. 

we just got turned over by Portsmouths second team. . . Portsmouths second team.

let that sink in a little 

Completely agree.

Don't you like watching us cross the ball in from the half way line as well then?

Archived