wrist slashing time

Sith Happens

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't me.  Still working out in my head whether to spend £10 and say another £20 petrol money (119.6 mile round trip) on Pompiey on Wednesday. Do you think we might win?

We might - but I get the feeling you would like a guarantee (possibly including compensation)

The irony in this post is great.

Appears are you saying that people should not be moaning about players and then have a moan about Shotton!

Not really, I support the players whatever happens on the pitch. I don't boo Keogh ever. I've never booed in a stadium, never tweeted a player any abuse neither.  But I am allowed to have opinions on players, that OK boss?

Not really, I support the players whatever happens on the pitch. I don't boo Keogh ever. I've never booed in a stadium, never tweeted a player any abuse neither.  But I am allowed to have opinions on players, that OK boss?

So what is wrong with other people stating their opinions on Radio Derby?

So what is wrong with other people stating their opinions on Radio Derby?

Nothing but the point is that he was just using it as an opportunity to air a vendetta against a player when he in fact had a good game. He ignored a player that had a bad game to blame problems on Keogh. It defied all logic, a witch hunt isn't an opinion.

Nothing but the point is that he was just using it as an opportunity to air a vendetta against a player when he in fact had a good game. He ignored a player that had a bad game to blame problems on Keogh. It defied all logic, a witch hunt isn't an opinion.

That was his opinion though, he might have thought Shotton played well and accuse you of being on a witch hunt?

You know what you are going to get with the Radio Derby phone in so why bother tuning in if you don't want to hear idiots moaning?!

That was his opinion though, he might have thought Shotton played well and accuse you of being on a witch hunt?

You know what you are going to get with the Radio Derby phone in so why bother tuning in if you don't want to hear idiots moaning?!

I don't mind moaning with some kind of basis, witch hunting isn't an opinion. Shotton made mistakes and almost cost us the game, that is called fact. Not jumping for a header that they hit the bar with for example.

Radio phone-ins are like the comment sections on news sites - magnets for ****** who have axes to grind / half-formed opinions / conspiracies to air / agendas to publicise. That is not to say every caller is like that before anyone here wants to be offended.

They are the result of people believing that just because they have an opinion, they are entitled to put it out across the airwaves and not have it challenged in any meaningful way. The BBC because some focus group told them phone-ins are democratic and cheap have simply bummed up the idea, with wretched results.

As G STAR says, you know what's going to happen. Don't listen. If people stop listening. they will change it for something else.

I don't mind moaning with some kind of basis, witch hunting isn't an opinion. Shotton made mistakes and almost cost us the game, that is called fact. Not jumping for a header that they hit the bar with for example.

I'm not sure how something 'almost' happening can be called fact. The only fact in this instance is that Shotton (whatever mistakes he may have made) did not cause Derby County to lose the game.

It wasn't me.  Still working out in my head whether to spend £10 and say another £20 petrol money (119.6 mile round trip) on Pompiey on Wednesday. Do you think we might win?

IRam, can I ask about your profile pic... what's the story?

I'm not sure how something 'almost' happening can be called fact. The only fact in this instance is that Shotton (whatever mistakes he may have made) did not cause Derby County to lose the game.

I think you are missing the point, we are talking about individual criticism.

Archived