Antonio

Bris Vegas

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

No this is a sequel... Last PistoldPete got lost when the web site crashed ... Full back might wait til January I guess. 

Very funny PP2. I lost a very good, 50% + likes to posts ratio when that crashed, not been able to recapture that sparkling form since, much to my chagrin.

Calling all Z Cars - PP, forerunner to PP2 has gone walkabout. Advise, approach with caution, Derby fan. Description - looks like George Clooney on his day off. :)

22 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I do, have used it before. Antonio is pretty much more effective in every category.

However, stats don't display intelligence. Decision-making is often overlooked, plus tracking back, movement and of course stuff like unselfish runs for teammates.

Antonio scores more goals, has more assist, more take-ons per match etc. But that doesn't necessarily mesn he's a better player in the same was Austin isn't better than Rooney despite scoring more goals than him.

I always found that Forest were very disorganised defensively when Antonio played. He may score a goal, but how many does his team concede because he doesn't/can't do the basics like track back, squeeze space etc.

Isn't this what eranio was saying before his sacking?

25 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Very funny PP2. I lost a very good, 50% + likes to posts ratio when that crashed, not been able to recapture that sparkling form since, much to my chagrin.

Calling all Z Cars - PP, forerunner to PP2 has gone walkabout. Advise, approach with caution, Derby fan. Description - looks like George Clooney on his day off. :)

I lost a few likes - I think Daveo nicked them.

We can afford to pay over the odds for players IF we get promoted. Hull, Boro and Burnley are tough teams to crack. they will not back off at any point. They all have money.They are generally good defensively. We could do with Bruce taking over another club at Xmas.I would not be surprised if Dyche was offered a Premiership team, but I cannot imagine him moving until the summer. No slip ups for Derby County is the only way forward. If any of the three aforementioned beat us then fair play to them but we cannot afford lapses like losing to Florest. Brighton have nothing to lose, but they are extremely poor at losing games.

His work rate has been questioned, but at least against us it didn't seem to be problem. Haven't really seen him enough to say as I don't watch other Forest games...

But IF he has low work rate and IF he joined us, he would need to work harder. Otherwise he wouldn't play. Therefore risk would be only financial.

Would be good signing what I've seen. Has looked like Russell with more physicality and better final ball.

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Noticed Mr.Antonio still didn't get any game time today even with plenty of the players ahead of him injured. Gotta feel for him not getting any game time whatsover 

Why?

3 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Footballer gets to move from Nottingham to London, given a signing on bonus, then a wage increase which gets paid on time and a season long holiday.

Struggling to feel sorry here. 

yeah , but he must have to turn up on a cold frosty training ground for a couple of hours a week ,

must be hell ..

Curious to see on LTLF they seem to generally be of the opinion that they "don't miss him". He's still their joint top scorer this season.

I don't know what's going on at West Ham, but I doubt they're going to loan him out quite yet. Either somethings happened in the background, he's having trouble settling or he's just out of form but the fact is they paid a fat sum for him and they're going to want to give it more of a chance to come good.

On 12/11/2015 15:56:03, Dimmu said:

His work rate has been questioned, but at least against us it didn't seem to be problem. Haven't really seen him enough to say as I don't watch other Forest games...

But IF he has low work rate and IF he joined us, he would need to work harder. Otherwise he wouldn't play. Therefore risk would be only financial.

Would be good signing what I've seen. Has looked like Russell with more physicality and better final ball.

He's 10 x the player Johnny Russell is, would get you promoted if you got him. No doubt in my mind

I'd rather have him up front than Andy Carroll.  I swear that lad must have a cast iron "if he's fit, he plays" clause in his contact to keep getting starts.  It all started to go tits up for Big Sam when he brought him back into the side at the turn of the year and they reverted to hoof ball.  Surely Antonio's pace would've ruffled a few more of Spurs' feathers yesterday than that lanky pile of crap.  Just goes to show the danger of hyping up British talent when they have half a seasons good form, Berahino is another, flash in the pan...

Anyway, he's probably on £30k a week minimum and can spend the other 22 hours of the day he's not training to take in the sights & sounds of one of the world's greatest cities so I'm not going to shed a tear for him anytime soon...

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Curious to see on LTLF they seem to generally be of the opinion that they "don't miss him". He's still their joint top scorer this season.

I don't know what's going on at West Ham, but I doubt they're going to loan him out quite yet. Either somethings happened in the background, he's having trouble settling or he's just out of form but the fact is they paid a fat sum for him and they're going to want to give it more of a chance to come good.

They " don't miss him "  because there's a fair chance he will end up here.

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

He's 10 x the player Johnny Russell is, would get you promoted if you got him. No doubt in my mind

What a daft statement, that would mean everything he does is 10 times better than  JR, so if Russell gets 10 goals, he would get 100, for every 5 assists he got Antiono would get 50 and so on....

He may be better than Russell, you will have seen him more than me so would take your word for it, but why do red dogs have to over exaggerate everything:-)

Archived