Antonio

Bris Vegas

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

He's 10 x the player Johnny Russell is, would get you promoted if you got him. No doubt in my mind

Actually saddo that I am I did a statto check on Johnny russell v antonio over last few years and there's nothing in it when you look at goals and assists. I think antonio would get my vote but there really isn't much in it. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Actually saddo that I am I did a statto check on Johnny russell v antonio over last few years and there's nothing in it when you look at goals and assists. I think antonio would get my vote but there really isn't much in it. 

Only because Russell got most of his goals in the Scottish pub league. I could be top scorer up there. 

Yours Sincerely

Deluded Red Dog

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

And he scored the screamer. What a day though 

I preferred the last couple of games, just me though. 

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Horrid, drab games and you know it, could have at least said the 5-2. The last two have been devoid of any quality at all, just a smash and grab at the iPro which allowed you to sing about Psycho for another hour or so before his inevitable boot out the door. Maybe the same with Dougie...

1 hour ago, RicME85 said:

Personally dont see what people who rate Antonio see in him, think he is a poor player who just runs and runs. We already have Russell and Weimann who do that and Andi is starting to add goals now he is in the team.

Sure he scored about 15 last year and got just as many assists, those stats are impressive for a title winning team never mind a shitty Nottingham Forest one. Played on the wing for the most of that too... You can't knock that. Totally different player to the two we currently have - lot's of running but add power, strength and aerial ability to that.

5 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Horrid, drab games and you know it, could have at least said the 5-2. The last two have been devoid of any quality at all, just a smash and grab at the iPro which allowed you to sing about Psycho for another hour or so before his inevitable boot out the door. Maybe the same with Dougie...

Sure he scored about 15 last year and got just as many assists, those stats are impressive for a title winning team never mind a shitty Nottingham Forest one. Played on the wing for the most of that too... You can't knock that. Totally different player to the two we currently have - lot's of running but add power, strength and aerial ability to that.

Not sure does this matter as much as it is thought to be. Sometimes if you're star player in poor team, you'll get more of the ball and are expected to create and score... like Ward did for of us earlier but he wouldn't fit to our current team well.

8 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Only because Russell got most of his goals in the Scottish pub league. I could be top scorer up there. 

Yours Sincerely

Deluded Red Dog

No I said last few years when both have been in the championship. I agree Russell's goals for Dundee don't count for as much so I didn't look at those. Looked lively when he came on Saturday... Not so against your lot it's true. 

I think that Antonio is possibly a confidence player. He is too big and strong for championship full backs, but the Premiership defenders are stronger and fitter to another degree.He has presumably been found to be in that gap between Championship and Premiership standard.

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I think that Antonio is possibly a confidence player. He is too big and strong for championship full backs, but the Premiership defenders are stronger and fitter to another degree.He has presumably been found to be in that gap between Championship and Premiership standard.

It is a big gap to be fair and not sure how many of our players would bridge it. Antonio is certainly a very good player at championship level. But he cost £8million compared to russell £750,000 and I just don't see him being 10 times the p,Ayer russell is as red dog claims or as the valuations suggest. He's better I don't doubt but not by that much. 

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

It is a big gap to be fair and not sure how many of our players would bridge it. Antonio is certainly a very good player at championship level. But he cost £8million compared to russell £750,000 and I just don't see him being 10 times the p,Ayer russell is as red dog claims or as the valuations suggest. He's better I don't doubt but not by that much. 

To say he's 10 times better than JR was clearly ridiculous but he is better. Even if the difference is an extra goal here, an assist there it could mean an additional 3-4 points on our total at the end of the season and who knows how vital that would be?

48 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

To say he's 10 times better than JR was clearly ridiculous but he is better. Even if the difference is an extra goal here, an assist there it could mean an additional 3-4 points on our total at the end of the season and who knows how vital that would be?

Spot on Wolfie20, three points looks like a big margin at the end of the season but it can be a touch of genius or a deflected goal or a bad penalty decision only that makes the difference.

42 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Spot on Wolfie20, three points looks like a big margin at the end of the season but it can be a touch of genius or a deflected goal or a bad penalty decision only that makes the difference.

Or a ridiculous sending off at Burnley. (I'm not bitter). 

21 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

He's 10 x the player Johnny Russell is, would get you promoted if you got him. No doubt in my mind

Not entirely sure how you justify that... Fee paid maybe?

If you're going to quote last season to us then I'd suggest he's not as good as Ince though... Thoughts?

Obviously i've exaggerated a little but no doubt he's a much better player. More ability, stronger, bigger goal threat, more capable of individually winning a game.

The fact that he scored 15 goals and a similar amount of assists in a piss poor Forest side speaks volumes. Wouldn't have commanded such a large transfer fee otherwise.

Tom Ince is also a good player, but I wasn't referring to him. 

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Obviously i've exaggerated a little but no doubt he's a much better player. More ability, stronger, bigger goal threat, more capable of individually winning a game.

The fact that he scored 15 goals and a similar amount of assists in a piss poor Forest side speaks volumes. Wouldn't have commanded such a large transfer fee otherwise.

What effect has it had on your twp players that were transferred to Newcastle? Are they better or worse for it, not withstanding an improvement in their wages.

5 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Russell last year only 6 goals but 8 assists and in only 27 games...so played barely half a season. I mean that isn't at all bad is it for someone who couldn't get In ahead of Jordan ibe, or Tom ince ? Antonio had a cracking season last year but nothing more in those stats than Craig Bryson in his best year for us. I think he scored a hat trick in one game as I remember... And Johnny russell got one too a screamer Wasnt it? 

Archived