Antonio

Bris Vegas

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this was to happen, it would surely be a loan move to start. Would like to see him in a Derby shirt though, he is something different to what we already have and adds another dimension to our squad. Strong, quick, powerful and direct. Would be a very good addition to an already fantastic squad IMO. 

i dont see why we'd want him, he'll be expensive, he wouldnt walk into this team by any stretch and we've already got players like Dawkins and the under 21 lads that get no game time, even though, Dawkins and possibly Calero could be pretty useful in and around the squad at the minute, now we arnt so lightweight in the middle and we usually have quite alot of the ball. Antonio is just a bull of a winger int he? 

42 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

There could be something in this, having asked around. Would definitely be a loan.

Charlie Austin, nothing in it at all.

Is that a loan starting in January? Or is the loan window open now? 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Ah loan window shuts on 25 November apparently... So maybe that's why there's rumours now. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

i dont see why we'd want him, he'll be expensive, he wouldnt walk into this team by any stretch and we've already got players like Dawkins and the under 21 lads that get no game time, even though, Dawkins and possibly Calero could be pretty useful in and around the squad at the minute, now we arnt so lightweight in the middle and we usually have quite alot of the ball. Antonio is just a bull of a winger int he? 

Because it would be really, really funny - especially because I now work in Gumpland.

Has anyone got access to some sort of assessment list of skills that we can use to compare Russell, Ince, Weimann and Antonio. Isn't it about time that this Forum moved into more hi tec analysis of players. The days of saying Bertie is crap are surely over. A new phase of informed forum football analysts comes forth. Players may prove to be crap after statistical         analysis but they will be statistically proven crappers.This is the future.No offence Nintendo. :)

27 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Has anyone got access to some sort of assessment list of skills that we can use to compare Russell, Ince, Weimann and Antonio. Isn't it about time that this Forum moved into more hi tec analysis of players. The days of saying Bertie is crap are surely over. A new phase of informed forum football analysts comes forth. Players may prove to be crap after statistical         analysis but they will be statistically proven crappers.This is the future.No offence Nintendo. :)

I do, have used it before. Antonio is pretty much more effective in every category.

However, stats don't display intelligence. Decision-making is often overlooked, plus tracking back, movement and of course stuff like unselfish runs for teammates.

Antonio scores more goals, has more assist, more take-ons per match etc. But that doesn't necessarily mesn he's a better player in the same was Austin isn't better than Rooney despite scoring more goals than him.

I always found that Forest were very disorganised defensively when Antonio played. He may score a goal, but how many does his team concede because he doesn't/can't do the basics like track back, squeeze space etc.

I think that if we had Antonio, Ince, Russell and Weimann, then we would pretty much have all options covered, A great combo.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I do, have used it before. Antonio is pretty much more effective in every category.

However, stats don't display intelligence. Decision-making is often overlooked, plus tracking back, movement and of course stuff like unselfish runs for teammates.

Antonio scores more goals, has more assist, more take-ons per match etc. But that doesn't necessarily mesn he's a better player in the same was Austin isn't better than Rooney despite scoring more goals than him.

I always found that Forest were very disorganised defensively when Antonio played. He may score a goal, but how many does his team concede because he doesn't/can't do the basics like track back, squeeze space etc.

Excellent post, BV

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Interesting ... So antonio and ince in the same team might be a bit of a luxury. Wouldn't fancy being a defender tho against those two. Weimann and russell both chase back but didn't create much against forest . So maybe it's one from two for each position. If we get antonio of course. 

Against Florist at half time, we were hard pressed to think of anyone who could have come on and changed the game. A brute in midfield or a giant centre forward may have made a difference. Actually, Zanzala may have caused a problem to Florist.You have to trip, push or let Zanzala run past you when he is on a run.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Against Florist at half time, we were hard pressed to think of anyone who could have come on and changed the game. A brute in midfield or a giant centre forward may have made a difference. Actually, Zanzala may have caused a problem to Florist.You have to trip, push or let Zanzala run past you when he is on a run.

I think Mac called it right with his wide players. We had ward or dawkins, ibe or ince or lingard or russell ... Usually two in the team and two on the bench. Bombing up and down the wing or wherever like ward and russell can be tiring so bring on fresh legs . I think the forest game third game in 6 days showed the effect of not having fresh legs. Mind you the three subs we brought on weren't that lively either. 

18 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Ah loan window shuts on 25 November apparently... So maybe that's why there's rumours now. 

Have you always been Pist old Pete,Too? Or is this the sequel?  :)

You do some very good posts, POP2, I must pop to Aldi. :)

I think that a couple of loans would not go amiss. Winger plus a full back.I think.One more full back injury and we could be struggling.I liked Schteeve's four winger plan, two for 60 mins then two fresh ones for 30 mins.

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

Against Florist at half time, we were hard pressed to think of anyone who could have come on and changed the game. 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

dawkins

Dude holds onto the ball... And 9/10 times finds a derby player with his pass... With Clement complaining that we weren't doing the simple things well he could have made a difference...

I actually think one of the big criticisms of his play is he's less inclined to 'risk it' taking on players like Ince and Russell do... Always seems to take the safer option of a cut-back or pass when he gets to a 50/50 situation against a defender...

5 hours ago, Rampage said:

Have you always been Pist old Pete,Too? Or is this the sequel?  :)

You do some very good posts, POP2, I must pop to Aldi. :)

I think that a couple of loans would not go amiss. Winger plus a full back.I think.One more full back injury and we could be struggling.I liked Schteeve's four winger plan, two for 60 mins then two fresh ones for 30 mins.

No this is a sequel... Last PistoldPete got lost when the web site crashed ... Full back might wait til January I guess. 

Archived