Would you be annoyed or delighted?

robglosta

Jordan Rhodes - 14m  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we spent 14m on Jordan Rhodes? 

In light of the 14-16m price tag being bandied around by the papers for him, I have been mulling over what my position would be if we were linked to him at that price.  By that I mean, in my opinion, it is an absurd amount of money for a striker at this level and I would not be keen for us to part with the cash.  One injury or a loss of form and a lot of your eggs are in one basket and you're 14m lighter.  Having said that, he is still an excellent player for this league and could help us get promoted.  It's also not coming out of my wages.   

How would you feel?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely not, fence-sitting free zone. I suppose you're the one that skews all the data on badly designed surveys by selecting option 3 ('don't know'). 

No, I leave it unchecked and click 'Next'

Software testing FTW.

8 million that Blackburn paid Huddersfield was a crazy amount. He is a good player but he doesn't have many prem clubs queuing up for him.

14 million is ridiculous.

Are we sure it's actually that amount though? McCormack to fulham was reported to have been 11 million, but really it was an 11 million deal including wages, add ons etc..only 5 million changes hands up front.

I would be delighted to have the player he's a natural goalscorer but neither annoyed or delighted by the fee, it's not coming out of my pocket, if the club think it's good value and won't cripple us financially go for it.

We haven't or are bidding tho are we? unless I've missed something

His goalscoring record is excellent, but football is about more than just sticking it in the onion bag. Have Blackburn ever looked like promotion contenders in his three seasons there?

It's not my money, but if they have a spare £14,000,000 knocking about, I'd rather they bring season ticket prices down.

Jordan Roads is worth more than 14 mil, surely.

Absolutely not. I think it's very telling no Prem club are willing to meet the valuation. If he was genuinely worth £14m+ a Prem team would buy him because at that value he'd do a good job in the Prem.

Absolutely not. I think it's very telling no Prem club are willing to meet the valuation. If he was genuinely worth £14m+ a Prem team would buy him because at that value he'd do a good job in the Prem.

I was just foooolin - i actually think that even 8 mil is an extortionate amount for Jordan Rhodes.

I have to say, if I was on a Boro forum as a Boro fan I might change my mind. Not because I think he's worth it, I still think Boro would be overpaying, but they don't really have much of a front-line, their strength is elsewhere, so there would be a pretty thick silver-lining for them. For us it would just be horrific.

As @SaintRam pointed out, if Prem clubs reckoned he was worth a punt £14m isn't a great deal to most of them, you'd think a club like Sunderland would've snapped him up by now with their woes in front of goal if he was that good.  Besides his style is more in tune with Bent's than Martin's and I'd rather have Bent.

Archived