Would you be annoyed or delighted?

robglosta

Jordan Rhodes - 14m  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curtains seems to be posting things related to other threads in here. Either he's doing it on purpose as part of some scheme, or his forum's playing up lol

We don't have the money to take such a risk. What would the pay off be, a slightly better chance of promotion? A better chance of Bent or Martin playing less so wages going on subs? Martin getting fed up? I wouldn't consider it.

As for Andre Gray, I've watched him as a mate of mine is a Bees fan, good on his day but on others he's hopeless.

You you can make anyone look good In a highlight reel, because it's their highlights... Not even 2 minutes worth says maybe he's not that good to me

Scored against us didn't he. 

All Mascarells fault according to some but not me  take a look. 

Gray is a super goalscorer he's proved it . 

We already have Martin, Weimann, Russell and Bent that can play striker, and I'd say Weimann and Martin are both better than him. I'd be annoyed. Rather we used the money to bring tickets down or buy a quality CM to partner with Hughes and Thorne. 

We have  Bryson ,Baird , Hendrick and Hanson and a load in the U21s for CM .

Wiemann and Russell are wingers as is Ince  

Its Centre Forwards we are a bit short on IMO 

Would 70 people be annoyed if Rhodes goals got us promoted or Gray got us the goals  

Do you think Bent and Martin will get us the goals from the CF position .

Only asking  

Tin Hat on 

40k per week is a reasonable championship wage now?

There has to be a line somewhere. There has to be a tipping point. If we keep rationalising the increasing costs of football season after season after season with the circular argument that our rivals are doing it so we must match them to remain competitive, then normal fans will be pushed out of the picture. I'm already struggling to justify what I spend on football, both financially and morally. £14,000,000 for a championship striker is a joke.

£14 million is a joke but £130 million is the last laugh. If Derby had bought some more players when we had so many injuries we may have been promoted and we would have plenty of money to buy Rhodes.Ridiculous world in which money has a big say.

glad to see that almost 96%  of us that have voted so far would be  annoyed  with the 14million signing of  Rhodes  ..  imho  not worth  8mill  ...   

Would you pay 5 million with add ons

Sometimes I don't understand the mindset of Derby fans 

The question is so biased in the way it is asked and perceived .

The 14-16 million price tag is fantasy and paper talk.

Which paper is it in and where is that price tag quoted .

Anybody know ?

Can I have gray a RB and a LB please instead?

i'll sit on the fence. Only hindsight would determine what the outcome would be. I'd guess that the 96% that would be annoyed would be over the moon if he did sign and bagged 30 goals to get us promoted

just sayin ;)

I don't see how Blackburn would agree to a deal based heavily on add ons. They need cash (allegedly another 7-8 million after the Gestede money) to get out of embargo.

The 14-16 million price tag is fantasy and paper talk.

no wouldnt pay 5million  .  ..    infact  i wouldnt want him at Derby  ,  just my opinion 

no wouldnt pay 5million  .  ..    infact  i wouldnt want him at Derby  ,  just my opinion 

Do you know what I wouldn't want him either but I do want another CF as I think we need another one .

Rhodes is a good goalscorer but I'd rather have Gray  

Do you know what I wouldn't want him either but I do want another CF as I think we need another one .

PC as stipulated that there is possibly  1 more signing ...   yes go along with you on another forward  ,     i would have liked a full back  and would have liked to have seen Wisdom back  until he went Norwich 

My head says 5 million is about the logical max for a championship player .. Strikers can be worth more but at that point prem clubs would be looking and the player himself would hope to a prem club target. If that isn't the case then there would have to be some unusual financial or personal circumstances to make it happen.

Unless we were running away with the league and buying for next season I wouldn't want us to spend that sort of money .. I want our club to remain stable and build for the long term which I think our chairman is planning to do. 

Archived