Would you be annoyed or delighted?

robglosta

Jordan Rhodes - 14m  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

35-0 very resounding. But we do still need an additional FWD. It's a long season and players will get injured and lose form. I think an additional FWD wouldn't go amiss. 

We'll almost certainly get a new FWD on loan.

First topic every Derby fan agrees on, ever?

Every derby fan on this forum seems to agree, I bet you'd find a couple who'd love him for £14m, probably after having incredible success with rhodes on a game.

If is more likely than not that if Rhodes goes to Boro that he will score about twenty goals if he remains fit. If you feel that a near as certain twenty goals can be added to your team then how much is that worth to the Club? If Boro think that they have not replaced Bamford's goal input then it could prove to be a bargain for them IF they get promotion this season.it WILL be worth it because you get a lot of money for promotion. If they do not get promotion this year then the following year, three teams are dropping into the Championship with more buying power than the three that came down this year.If Martin got injured long term, how much would we pay for a guy that is as certain as Rhodes to score twenty goals? £10 million?

Voted Yes but not for 14 Million 

Would buy him at a lower price as I would the lad Gray that Hull are after from Brentford 

i ain't worried about the money as I think if we got another striker ie a 20 goal a season man it would be the icing on a very fruitful cake. 

If is more likely than not that if Rhodes goes to Boro that he will score about twenty goals if he remains fit. If you feel that a near as certain twenty goals can be added to your team then how much is that worth to the Club? If Boro think that they have not replaced Bamford's goal input then it could prove to be a bargain for them IF they get promotion this season.it WILL be worth it because you get a lot of money for promotion. If they do not get promotion this year then the following year, three teams are dropping into the Championship with more buying power than the three that came down this year.If Martin got injured long term, how much would we pay for a guy that is as certain as Rhodes to score twenty goals? £10 million?

He's not certain to get 20 goals but he isn't certain to start. THAT is why FOR DERBY even £10m is too much. For Boro it's different, as I said earlier they don't have a strong attack. The thread is if Derby payed £14m for him, which is an obscene overspend on a player that isn't ahead of our other forwards by much if anything.

He's not certain to get 20 goals but he isn't certain to start. THAT is why FOR DERBY even £10m is too much. For Boro it's different, as I said earlier they don't have a strong attack. The thread is if Derby payed £14m for him, which is an obscene overspend on a player that isn't ahead of our other forwards by much if anything.

This 14 million figure   is inflated and who thought that up its pure fantasy  

Gray would be good for us though  as he is a big lad and really has an eye for goal  

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby-county-set-to-rival-hull-city-for-talented-championship-striker/?

http://www.derby.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=407632

Sorry about that SaintRam. If Martin was out for the season from a couple of games in, I would pay £14 for Rhodes to get us promoted because I cannot think of anyone more likely to replace Martin's goals than Rhodes who would come on reasonable wages. If Rhodes could come here or Boro, he would come here.I would be delighted under those circumstances.

Sorry about that SaintRam. If Martin was out for the season from a couple of games in, I would pay £14 for Rhodes to get us promoted because I cannot think of anyone more likely to replace Martin's goals than Rhodes who would come on reasonable wages. If Rhodes could come here or Boro, he would come here.I would be delighted under those circumstances.

Nah.

If the £14 million was my my money, then I would not pay it. Am I prepared to blow Mel's Candy Crush Cash, YES. He will get it back if we get promoted.  Since when can you have too many players capable of scoring 15 goals a season?

If the £14 million was my my money, then I would not pay it. Am I prepared to blow Mel's Candy Crush Cash, YES. He will get it back if we get promoted.  Since when can you have too many players capable of scoring 15 goals a season?

Nope.

40k per week is a reasonable championship wage now?

There has to be a line somewhere. There has to be a tipping point. If we keep rationalising the increasing costs of football season after season after season with the circular argument that our rivals are doing it so we must match them to remain competitive, then normal fans will be pushed out of the picture. I'm already struggling to justify what I spend on football, both financially and morally. £14,000,000 for a championship striker is a joke.

Bent, Martin, Ince, Weimann... there's only so many we can have in the side, and to be blunt I'd take Martin and Ince over him any day, and £14 million is well too much. 

I haven't seen us play during the pre-season, but I doubt he would fit in our system.

One of my mates is a Blackburn fan, he said he's a good player who gets goals but doesn't have any pace, you've got to get the ball to him. I know Martin isn't the quickest but he's the driver in the team, he holds up the play and gets further back to cause problems. Rhodes wouldn't do that, he would rely on Ince/Weimann etc. getting the ball to him and would probably score 20 goals, but overall the rest of the team would become less threatening as the plan would be to just get the ball to him.

I don't understand why Boro fans are getting excited either, thinking he's just like Bamford when in fact he's nothing like him. Bamford was to them what Martin was to us last season, their driver. If they sign him it suggests that they're going to rely on Downing picking him out every time and he'll just spin and score. It would work in the short term but, just like Forest found out last season, long balls up to the striker only works in the short term, as eventually the opposition figures you out.

£14m for a target man who has stood out in a very average Championship team is crazy money. No thanks.

Archived