Burton (Something) v Derby County

i-Ram

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

little wonder hitc gets a load of stick if the best you can do as a report is simply report that people are slagging off a player on Twitter. Very insightful I'm sure, and all it does is add to the slagging off of Christie and give another platform to ****** who don't deserve one in the first place.

Sometimes the old adage of if you've got nothing to say, say nothing is best adhered to. 

defiantly way ahead of him with his interview skills. Every interview I have heard after the game just sounds pure professional and doesn't seem to try excuses. Some of mclarens post interviews used to make me cringe

Don't agree .. MacClaren was always very honest and didn't make up excuses, even to the point of saying 'he did not know what to do ' at the end.

Anyone would think the time we had under MacClaren was crap but its now fashionable to knock him.

Give an example of an excuse he made after a poor game .. then we'll know you're not just a knocker.

Played some good stuff today, could have scored 5 or 6 on  another day,but we are looking good for next weekend,I can not wait,stand out performances today for me was Thorne so good to have him back and looking match fit,Wiemann works so hard and is defo one to watch for ,also Baird he is so compose and reads the game so well,and Russell never stops working and is scoring goals at the mo.Not easy to pick our first 11 at the mo,and also seem to have different ways of setting up,so the opposition are not going to have a clue on want formation we will start with,it's all looking good for the season ahead.

I hope we stick with the 4231 now, mainly because we need to accomodate all three of our wingers. Weimann and Russell are in too good form to leave out and Ince is pretty much undroppable - one of the few true game-changers we have.

This would be my guess for Bolton:

Grant

Baird Pearce Shackell Forsyth

Thorne Hughes

Ince Weimann Russell

Martin

I hope we stick with the 4231 now, mainly because we need to accomodate all three of our wingers. Weimann and Russell are in too good form to leave out and Ince is pretty much undroppable - one of the few true game-changers we have.

This would be my guess for Bolton:

Grant

Baird Pearce Shackell Forsyth

Thorne Hughes

Ince Weimann Russell

Martin

I very much doubt that we will, given that according to Clement we hadn't even trained in that system before today. Also, don't let the fee fool you, Ince is in no way undroppable, in fact he's in a battle for the shirt for me. He'll start, but he hasn't got much leeway for letting his standards drop and he'll be benched. Whether he's playing #10 or wide, we've got players who can replace him and shine.

defiantly way ahead of him with his interview skills. Every interview I have heard after the game just sounds pure professional and doesn't seem to try excuses. Some of mclarens post interviews used to make me cringe

harryram, i was thinking about it today and I came to the same conclusion as you. It is so much more professional than anything that we have seen before. The guy is extremely bright and we are getting what seems normal to him, high class professionalism to the standard of Chelsea, Paris St Germaine and Real Madrid.

Why does there always have to be a donkey that's not fit to wear the shirt.

Where were these people a few years ago?

**** off

They were slagging off Gareth Roberts, Theo Robinson, Conor Doyle, Paul Green, Chris Porter, Ben Pringle and even Jake Buxton, that's where they were. Let's not pretend this is really a new thing.

...and I'm sorry, but Christie, 2 very good crosses (when he didn't have time to overthink them) aside, was not good today - at one point even Darren Bent was having to tell him where he should stand! At times he was in the way of our own players more than he was in the way of theirs.

Went today. Was impressed with the new system and wouldn't be surprised to see us use it at Bolton next week. Gave us that solidity with the two holding midfielders, which allowed the attackers to express themselves.

My ratings (for anyone interested!):

Carson - 6. Wasn't tested too much, couple of iffy moments but overall solid.

Christie - 7. After a shaky start, he grew into the game and provided support for Russell and put a few good crosses into dangerous areas.

Shotton - 6. Didn't really stand out, but that's probably down to the lack of threat of Burton. Didn't put a foot wrong though and won every header that came his way.

Shackell - 7. Great to see him back, constantly talking and marshalling the other defenders and defended everything that came his way. Good to see he's cut out the Hollywood passes he was famous for in his last stint for us.

Forsyth - 7. Defensively sound, didn't get beat and was comfortable on the ball.

Thorne - 8. Getting better with every game, totally controlled the midfield alongside Baird. Going to be like a new signing this season, just oozes class and composure.

Baird - 7. Really like to look of this guy so far, he does all the simple stuff and makes all the right decisions. His versatility is going to be a big plus for us this season.

Russell - 7. A real bright spark and his usual busy self, great ball from him to set up Weimann for his goal. Going to be tough for Clement to keep him out of the first XI next week. Took his goal well too. A big season ahead for Johnny.

Ince - 6. A few flashes of quality, but he didn't really have much of an effect on the game. I prefer seeing him on the left hand side cutting in, as shown last season.

Weimann - 8. Does this lad ever stop running? His nickname should be the Duracell Bunny! I can see him being a real fan favourite this season. He's a very clever little player, his movement for the goal was very good.

Bent - 6. I think the formation today suited him a lot better than the other 2 used, he held the ball well and scored a good goal after a great little ball from Thorne. Can't see him starting ahead of Martin and Weimann, so the bench it is for now. 

They were slagging off Gareth Roberts, Theo Robinson, Conor Doyle, Paul Green, Chris Porter, Ben Pringle and even Jake Buxton, that's where they were. Let's not pretend this is really a new thing.

...and I'm sorry, but Christie, 2 very good crosses (when he didn't have time to overthink them) aside, was not good today - at one point even Darren Bent was having to tell him where he should stand! At times he was in the way of our own players more than he was in the way of theirs.

Mate, I've got no complaint if someone came back and said "Christie was *****" 

Its all the nasty stuff and stupid stuff that irritates me. 

Makes me laugh that on one hand they'll praise a manager and then on the other say how a player isn't fit to wear a shirt and needs to be sold, belongs in the conference etc.

Who picked him? 

I've seen terrible RB's at Derby and Christie isn't terrible.

It's just the way they come across. So angry and arrogant. That's all. 

Mate, I've got no complaint if someone came back and said "Christie was *****" 

Its all the nasty stuff and stupid stuff that irritates me. 

Makes me laugh that on one hand they'll praise a manager and then on the other say how a player isn't fit to wear a shirt and needs to be sold, belongs in the conference etc.

Who picked him? 

I've seen terrible RB's at Derby and Christie isn't terrible.

It's just the way they come across. So angry and arrogant. That's all. 

Ah, the "my nan would have scored that" brigade. Also any comments about "Sunday League". The complete inability to understand that even to be a League Two player you have to be far superior in many ways to the standard they're trying to claim the players should be at.

Yes, I agree.

Archived