Burton (Something) v Derby County

i-Ram

"Daren Bent, Andreas Weimann and Johnny Russell notched the goals, and it could have been better for the visitors had they been a little more prolific in front of goal."

Who? Rule number 1 Bris, proof read! Very poor!

So the double R didn't role, that's disappointing as I always proof read. Must have been easy to miss it.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had a right ding dong with one of them numpties a while back... Proper idiot 

I'm all for supporters being given the right to air their opinion, but some comments are just ridiculous. Worst part about it is some fans will actively hope for Christie to struggle, just so they can be proven right.

Played some good stuff today, could have scored 5 or 6 on  another day,but we are looking good for next weekend,I can not wait,stand out performances today for me was Thorne so good to have him back and looking match fit,Wiemann works so hard and is defo one to watch for ,also Baird he is so compose and reads the game so well,and Russell never stops working and is scoring goals at the mo.Not easy to pick our first 11 at the mo,and also seem to have different ways of setting up,so the opposition are not going to have a clue on want formation we will start with,it's all looking good for the season ahead.

i was at the game today and also agree that shotton was poor, imo him and Christie jus aren't good enough defensively

Please tell me what he did wrong today, because I never saw anything at all untoward about his play. He regularly exchanged passes with Shackell, both full backs and Thorne, so he saw plenty of the ball. The fact that he may or may not be good enough defensively in your opinion is irrelevant with respect to his performance today.

Or does everyone in your mind start with a 6 but Shotton starts with a 4?

Please tell me what he did wrong today, because I never saw anything at all untoward about his play. He regularly exchanged passes with Shackell, both full backs and Thorne, so he saw plenty of the ball. The fact that he may or may not be good enough defensively in your opinion is irrelevant with respect to his performance today.

Or does everyone in your mind start with a 6 but Shotton starts with a 4?

i think you should take to twitter and **** all the haters.

*edit* how is sausageting someone a swear word? 

Good display, but not much go a contest.

4231 looks an option,and I liked Dawkins in the #10 role, played it well and better than Ince who I prefer wide.

George Thorne is the man though. Him, Hughes and Martin are different class. Get them playing keep ball with some pace and running around them and we'll take some stopping. If Shackell and Keogh can settle as a pair quick, we're going to be very close.

Trying to work out why BovrilRam thought that Shotton was so poor. He didn't miss a single challenge, didn't miss a single header, didn't lose possession and didn't misplace a single pass. Not one.

His other ratings were pretty much spot- on

i think you should take to twitter and **** all the haters.

*edit* how is sausageting someone a swear word? 

I'm not worried about them - there's probably not one of them went to the game.

I'm more concerned with the posters on here who clearly DID go to the game and said "Shotton was rubbish" when I never saw him make a single mistake. Now either I am blind - or they are.

His other ratings were pretty much spot- on

Maybe so - which is why I asked "What did Shotton do wrong?"

"I don't like him" doesn't count.

I listened to it on the Radio today. When Clement gets this team playing the way that he wants and changing formations seamlessly we are going to bamboozle good sides and catch them on the hop big time. He has got players of quality all over the squad. My only concerns are left fullback and what happens if Hughes gets injured. We can win matches without Martin now, which we could not do before. Clement is a very clever guy and I will be amazed if we do not have a great season next year.I see us dominating games and forcing them to play the way  that we want them to play, only to sucker them by changing tactics. i see a mentality developing like at Chelsea, if we cannot beat them one way then we will beat them another way. Clement may be well ahead of Maclaren but we will see. It may take time to settle a team. i could pick about ten sides but the 4-2-3-1 formation looks very exciting to me.

defiantly way ahead of him with his interview skills. Every interview I have heard after the game just sounds pure professional and doesn't seem to try excuses. Some of mclarens post interviews used to make me cringe

I'm all for supporters being given the right to air their opinion, but some comments are just ridiculous. Worst part about it is some fans will actively hope for Christie to struggle, just so they can be proven right.

Yep the one I had a ding dong with said I was a idiot for leaving the reading game early... And that I was fickle.... All of 17 years old and giving it the large one on the Internet. I told him to tell me that start of this season and he said he "wouldn't bother, as he wouldn't remember who I was" done it to others as well. Absolute Bell... The TOWIE culture took over that one

I'm not worried about them - there's probably not one of them went to the game.

I'm more concerned with the posters on here who clearly DID go to the game and said "Shotton was rubbish" when I never saw him make a single mistake. Now either I am blind - or they are.

He let one pass role under his foot early on, no damage done just a 5 yd jog to retrieve it, otherwise neat and tidy.

One other observation from today, when Fozzy was hugging the touchline I found it quite hard to pick him out in that kit, it seemed to merge into the crowd somewhat.

had the same problem! Kept wondering where our width was first half!

Archived