Gaming

SaintRam

Russians try to log into my Gaijin account (developers of War Thunder), which I've not played in a long time. But yeah they type in the account name, then say they've forgotten the password, then I get an E-mail allowing me to reset it - which would, obviously, still not grant them access. Pointless stuff.

Edited by SaintRam

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

Yesterday, I had an email from EA about a log in to my account from an unknown device. If it wasn't me, should change my password etc. There was no link within the email, so presume it wasn't a scam.

Thing is, I haven't used it for at least 5 years, and the PS3 I used is buried in a box somewhere in the attic I think. 

If someone has logged in on that account, surely the payment cards would be out of date now, so they'd be unlikely to be able to buy anything?

Presume all I can do is ignore the email?

This has happened to me a couple of times, just change your password and you should be okay.

TBH with the amount of data breaches that have happened its probably a wise decision to change all your passwords as you can almost guarantee your details are out there somewhere. 

Oh and if you can, enable 2 factor authentication on every site that gives you the option to do so. 

Weirdly, having replied to this this morning. I have now had an email from EA about redeeming Origin for 1 month (not recurring). I logged into the site, and sure enough, it had been redeemed. Weird thing about it all is I had not long changed the password, and it shows recent log ins and there was nothing. So i've changed the password again, but I have no clue what's going on with it.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Weirdly, having replied to this this morning. I have now had an email from EA about redeeming Origin for 1 month (not recurring). I logged into the site, and sure enough, it had been redeemed. Weird thing about it all is I had not long changed the password, and it shows recent log ins and there was nothing. So i've changed the password again, but I have no clue what's going on with it.

Can you set up 2 factor authentication? If I'm having concerns with something like that I usually take that step - tends to end it.

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Can you set up 2 factor authentication? If I'm having concerns with something like that I usually take that step - tends to end it.

already have. get random text messages alot - but the reason I think they're bogus is my 2-factor is set up to email me if there's a sign in, not text me. there's no trace on the account of any redemption of a code or payment for origin, so maybe it's just some automatic thing they're giving people? no idea.

44 minutes ago, Srg said:

Yeah I got that as well the other day, its because they did a promotion a while back to get people to activate 2 factor authentication - if you activated it or had done it previously you got a free month.  Would have been nice to let you know that in the email though, I had to google it.

Edited by maxjam

My 4th blizzard account being hacked and taken over, even though there is blizzard authenticator enabled ? 

Not bothered like, only used it for overwatch, hate that game with a passion.

Enjoy a game full of stress, Chinese people who hacked me ?

1 minute ago, Squid said:

My 4th blizzard account being hacked and taken over, even though there is blizzard authenticator enabled ? 

Not bothered like, only used it for overwatch, hate that game with a passion.

Enjoy a game full of stress, Chinese people who hacked me ?

They just sell 'em. 

Surprised you've lost so many blizzard accounts though, somethings up there. Did you play Overwatch on console?

Just now, Squid said:

Nah, PC, havent touched OW in 4-5 months though lol.

I've not known anyone lose their Blizzard account in yonks; might be something to do with activity though I suppose. But their security is usually pretty good. 

I'll probably play some Overwatch again around xmas. I've taken an extended break after their huge changes, cos I know Blizzard very well and I know it takes them ages to balance a game after making core changes to the system ? 

Interesting to see that Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order has broken sales records;

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-breaks-sales-records-suggesting-respawns-wish-to-keep-telling-that-story-is-officially-on-the-cards/

Hopefully EA will learn to stop selling games built purely around loot boxes and other DLC now and just give us decent games we can buy,  play and enjoy.

13 hours ago, maxjam said:

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-breaks-sales-records-suggesting-respawns-wish-to-keep-telling-that-story-is-officially-on-the-cards/

Hopefully EA will learn to stop selling games built purely around loot boxes and other DLC now and just give us decent games we can buy,  play and enjoy.

This shows that there is a place for single player games in today’s market. I’m one of those gamers who would much rather play a good single player focussed game than a sub standard story mode of a multiplayer game that has been added on without an afterthought. 

Looking forward to playing this in the coming months. First, though, I’m getting really into Red Dead 2 now. After the discussion a few pages back, I’ve decided to actually give it some time. Boy, was that a good decision!

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

This shows that there is a place for single player games in today’s market. I’m one of those gamers who would much rather play a good single player focussed game than a sub standard story mode of a multiplayer game that has been added on without an afterthought. 

Looking forward to playing this in the coming months. First, though, I’m getting really into Red Dead 2 now. After the discussion a few pages back, I’ve decided to actually give it some time. Boy, was that a good decision!

Yeah I was enjoying RDR2 before Fallen Order came out, as a massive Star Wars fan I just had to play this! 

Thoroughly enjoyed the game so far (and it gets better as you progress, especially if you are a Star Wars nerd like me) but won't be sad when its finished as I'll be heading back to RDR2.  Win win ?

On 26/11/2019 at 17:48, maxjam said:

Not a Star Wars fan whatsoever, but they only made it in this fashion as a response to the horrendous Battlefront 2 reaction they got... mainly from Disney. They had to appease them. They’re going to learn absolutely nothing. 

5 hours ago, Broderick said:

The Outer Worlds is amazing. If you like any of the Bethesda games and are the fence about this, just get it. Its like if fallout and destiny had a baby. 

Par for the course from Obsidian. 

I don't think its that similar to Destiny. It's basically just Fallout in a slightly different (the difference is more slight than you'd think) setting. This is Obsidian's attempt to steal Fallout's audience from Bethesda after their fall-out (lol), knowing that Obsidian's staff have been the talent behind all the great Fallout games and opinion of Bethesda is at an all time low.

duck Bethesda ? 

On 28/11/2019 at 02:51, SaintRam said:

Par for the course from Obsidian. 

I don't think its that similar to Destiny. It's basically just Fallout in a slightly different (the difference is more slight than you'd think) setting. This is Obsidian's attempt to steal Fallout's audience from Bethesda after their fall-out (lol), knowing that Obsidian's staff have been the talent behind all the great Fallout games and opinion of Bethesda is at an all time low.

duck Bethesda ? 

It reminded me of destiny from an aesthetic perspective, not a game play one. Also, when are we going to play rocket league again lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone play Fortnite? I don't but one of my kids has decided it's better than real life. I was trying to find a fortnite based Christmas gift stocking filler  that he can use in the game - like can I buy him a nuclear weapon or something? Or a tank? I've seen some kind of bundle things you can buy that include skins and weapons I think - but I want to buy him summat cool. Is this a stupid question? I'm really old.

1 hour ago, Pastinaak said:

Does anyone play Fortnite? I don't but one of my kids has decided it's better than real life. I was trying to find a fortnite based Christmas gift stocking filler  that he can use in the game - like can I buy him a nuclear weapon or something? Or a tank? I've seen some kind of bundle things you can buy that include skins and weapons I think - but I want to buy him summat cool. Is this a stupid question? I'm really old.

As far as I’m aware, you can only buy cosmetic stuff on Fortnite. Nothing that will help in the game.