Gaming

SaintRam

I've got an Xbox one but haven't really played on it for several months as have been too busy with work. I don't keep up to date with releases and was wondering if people could recommend shooting/football games or some longer term games which might be good to play? I play football manager on the laptop but i only put in a few hours every fortnight on it and am looking for something to chill out and relax with without having to shell out extra for loads of DLC. 

7 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I've got an Xbox one but haven't really played on it for several months as have been too busy with work. I don't keep up to date with releases and was wondering if people could recommend shooting/football games or some longer term games which might be good to play? I play football manager on the laptop but i only put in a few hours every fortnight on it and am looking for something to chill out and relax with without having to shell out extra for loads of DLC. 

Would recommend getting game pass, you can get an introductory offer of a quid a month and it gives you a host of games to play. Most are not new releases, however the odd one is, gears of war for example.

Some great games on there, including one called mutant year zero if you like strategy games which I would recommend, and loads of shooting and other games to choose from.

Played the PES 2020 demo last night. Seriously impressed with the gameplay. It feels much slower and realistic than FIFA ever has. For example, ground passing isn't all flat to the turf, if you hold the button for long enough, the ball goes airborne and is aimed at thigh height (like it would be in a real game if you smashed it hard to a teammate). Finishing feels tougher as well and the goalkeepers don't magically forget their positioning unlike FIA.

Think PES has found the niche in the market, a good single player career mode. It'll be a brilliant alternative for gamers. Go for FIFA if you want to play more online i.e. Ultimate Team and for playing with mates. For hermits like me who don't have many gamer friends, PES looks to be my choice this year. 

4 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Would recommend getting game pass, you can get an introductory offer of a quid a month and it gives you a host of games to play. Most are not new releases, however the odd one is, gears of war for example.

Some great games on there, including one called mutant year zero if you like strategy games which I would recommend, and loads of shooting and other games to choose from.

cheers i will definitely look at this ? 

11 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Where do guys recommend getting a PS4 PES option file from? Thinking of getting one but I’ve never had one before?

You can download it free onto a USB stick if you have laptop/computer. Download then Plug the USB into the playstation (remember to change the name of the USB stick) and off you go. 

Or you can order it from here https://www.pesuniverse.com/pes-2020-option-file-membership/ or even ebay. 

You'll find more option files when the game is officially released.

Edited by Alpha

14 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Ever played Rocket League? Easy to jump back into after some time away. The only things you earn/pay for are cosmetic, so you're on a level playing field with everyone else from the off.

3 hours ago, Papahet said:

Pes with the universe option file is very good. Even has our third kit. 

The restrictions of an Xbox ?

Played myclub today given master league updates aren’t out for another couple of days, not many options to play different types of games but surprisingly enjoyed it having never played it before.

Gameplay has come on quite a bit, counter attacking is excellent when you get it right.

2 hours ago, AdamRam said:

The restrictions of an Xbox ?

Played myclub today given master league updates aren’t out for another couple of days, not many options to play different types of games but surprisingly enjoyed it having never played it before.

Gameplay has come on quite a bit, counter attacking is excellent when you get it right.

I read somewhere there's a way to get the editing done on xbox. 

I think someone did it before on a previous Pes

• 2 weeks later...

Spent quite a bit of time on Pro Evo and I think the demo is better than the full game. Quite comfortably actually. 

I play on "top player" but I've dropped it back to professional because I'm fed up of being fouled and not getting free kicks. Now on professional the AI doesn't get stuck in enough. 

The demo tackling was fine once you got used to reading the AI and taking the ball cleanly. 

Edited by Alpha

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 02:40, Alpha said:

Spent quite a bit of time on Pro Evo and I think the demo is better than the full game. Quite comfortably actually. 

I play on "top player" but I've dropped it back to professional because I'm fed up of being fouled and not getting free kicks. Now on professional the AI doesn't get stuck in enough. 

The demo tackling was fine once you got used to reading the AI and taking the ball cleanly. 

Is it still worth buying PES? Thinking of purchasing it this weekend.

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

Is it still worth buying PES? Thinking of purchasing it this weekend.

I'm enjoying it but it's not as good as the demo. I haven't played a football game since 17 so it suits me. But those that played PES 19 seem to be saying it's only slightly better and not really worth the dosh

Depends what the last football game you played was?