Gaming

SaintRam

40 minutes ago, Alpha said:

My major gripe with Kingdom Come is the lock picking. Worst attempt at lock picking in a game. I reckon I could learn to lock pick for real quicker. 

I can't remember how I approached side quests. I'm not much one for side questing. I always think people should fetch it themselves. I don't know why RPG games thought there's a secret courier in all of us. At least Death Stranding didn't try to disguise it! 

I do love the combat though. You certainly don't feel overpowered, do you!?

I must admit I do enjoy side quests. The combat & lock picking were so useless & annoying at first in KC. But once I got more experience & different perks things got easier which is what would happen in real life I suppose. I was still useless with the bow unless it was point blank!

59 minutes ago, Van De Squid said:

I must admit I do enjoy side quests. The combat & lock picking were so useless & annoying at first in KC. But once I got more experience & different perks things got easier which is what would happen in real life I suppose. I was still useless with the bow unless it was point blank!

I saw a video on youtube telling you to stick something tiny to your tv right over the crosshair. Then when you get the bow out you will have the exact center of the screen so you know where the arrow will go. 

I'm ashamed to say I tried it. Me and my 2mm blue tack smashed the archery quests. 

How the hell do you lock pick?! I probably play my PS4 for an hour most nights (before coronavirus) and I remember spending two entire sessions feckin around with virtual padlocks. If the missus found out, she'd leave me. I'd rather admit to watching Babestation! 

On 25/05/2020 at 09:40, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Thanks for that. I've only got quite a basic laptop but apparently it meets the minimum standards required to run Civilization. I'll give it a go.

I find Civ addictive and frustrating in equal measure, stopped playing some time ago but gave it another go recently. I'm still no good so gave up again. Seem to get thrashed around the 200 turn mark, yet I'm normally reasonable competent at this sort of game.

Currently enjoying Transport Fever 2 but you do need a hefty rig. Railway empire is fun, as is Universim and Foundation. Ostriv is OK but a bit EA for now.

For a lower spec rig try some of the older Total War series

On 25/05/2020 at 12:08, Alpha said:

How the hell do you lock pick?! I probably play my PS4 for an hour most nights (before coronavirus) and I remember spending two entire sessions feckin around with virtual padlocks. If the missus found out, she'd leave me. I'd rather admit to watching Babestation! 

Unfortunately the answer is to play the game on PC. On console I'd suggest either just not lockpicking and be a good Henry who doesn't steal, or just paying for lockpicking training until you've maxed out the skill tree and can take the perks that let you unlock any easy chest and grant a percentage chance to open a lock even through a failed attempt.

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

I find Civ addictive and frustrating in equal measure, stopped playing some time ago but gave it another go recently. I'm still no good so gave up again. Seem to get thrashed around the 200 turn mark, yet I'm normally reasonable competent at this sort of game.

Currently enjoying Transport Fever 2 but you do need a hefty rig. Railway empire is fun, as is Universim and Foundation. Ostriv is OK but a bit EA for now.

For a lower spec rig try some of the older Total War series

Civ late game gets dramatically easier if you maintain good science throughout. If that dips, you're in trouble later on.

On 25/05/2020 at 11:04, Van De Squid said:

Managed to earn 100 groschen from Hans Capon for bagging 3 hares in the hunt quest.

I've just nicked a better bow from a dead cuman but I need much better stats....

On 27/05/2020 at 19:55, Van der MoodHoover said:

Managed to earn 100 groschen from Hans Capon for bagging 3 hares in the hunt quest.

I've just nicked a better bow from a dead cuman but I need much better stats....

Like @Van De Squid I enjoy the side quests.

There do seem to be some gremlins in KC tho...I started the "courting" quest and chatted up the Miller's niece. Got to the instruction to go back in a couple of days to ask her out. Less than 24 hours of elapsed game time later I'm told I've stood her up and shes seething.....

On second thoughts....maybe that is just super realistic.....?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2020 at 12:42, maxjam said:

Playstation 5 reveal tonight at 9pm for those that might be interested;

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps5/?et_cid=em_402374&et_rid=114052470&Linkid=200526-SMR%2520TUNE-GL-HRD-B-WES&emcid=em-co-244971

I'll be upgrading my PS4, not sure whether to get the new xbox as it will better link with my PC gaming or stick with playstation as I have done since the PS1.

Will be interesting to see how the next gen swings in terms of player bases. Xbox 360 was superior to the PS3 in many ways (as well as being cheaper), so the Xbox One retained many players. However (and I must stress I am an Xbox owner), the PS4 has been head and shoulders above the Xbox as far as I can see. Better console exclusive games and share play a game changing mode has meant more have gone over to Sony. If the consoles are similarly priced, and the tech is not too different, I can see a lot of players going over the PS5. You're right about PC gamers sticking with Xbox though, as Game Pass is good value for what it offers.

I am undecided myself. I am jealous of some of the games on offer on Playstation (Spiderman, God of War, Unchartered, Last of Us etc.) so am tempted to make the switch. However, I won't be splashing out immediately on either console, so may just get a cheap PS4 and play those games I have missed instead for cheaper.

On 11/06/2020 at 12:42, maxjam said:

Playstation 5 reveal tonight at 9pm for those that might be interested;

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps5/?et_cid=em_402374&et_rid=114052470&Linkid=200526-SMR%2520TUNE-GL-HRD-B-WES&emcid=em-co-244971

I'll be upgrading my PS4, not sure whether to get the new xbox as it will better link with my PC gaming or stick with playstation as I have done since the PS1.

Got one of the pre production units for sale if anyone is interested. 

FB_IMG_1591980370415.jpg

4 hours ago, r4derby said:

Will be interesting to see how the next gen swings in terms of player bases. Xbox 360 was superior to the PS3 in many ways (as well as being cheaper), so the Xbox One retained many players. However (and I must stress I am an Xbox owner), the PS4 has been head and shoulders above the Xbox as far as I can see. Better console exclusive games and share play a game changing mode has meant more have gone over to Sony. If the consoles are similarly priced, and the tech is not too different, I can see a lot of players going over the PS5. You're right about PC gamers sticking with Xbox though, as Game Pass is good value for what it offers.

I am undecided myself. I am jealous of some of the games on offer on Playstation (Spiderman, God of War, Unchartered, Last of Us etc.) so am tempted to make the switch. However, I won't be splashing out immediately on either console, so may just get a cheap PS4 and play those games I have missed instead for cheaper.

Liked the look of the PS5, got a space reserved for it already on my desk ?

Some of the launch games looked interesting, Destruction Allstars looks like exactly the game I play consoles for.  I'm hopeless at using the little controller sticks for anything that needs you to be remotely accurate but racing games - or careering around a track smashing into stuff in this case, DA looks like it could be great fun!  I live in hope that they bring back one of my favourite console games, SSX - played those games to death!

Gonna be tough for me to switch to xbox tbh, especially if as I assume my VR system will work on it - but it will be interesting to see if xbox can close the gap.  Any xbox exclusives I may miss out on also have the chance of being released on PC so thats another tick in the PS box as well.

On 12/06/2020 at 20:37, maxjam said:

Liked the look of the PS5, got a space reserved for it already on my desk ?

Some of the launch games looked interesting, Destruction Allstars looks like exactly the game I play consoles for.  I'm hopeless at using the little controller sticks for anything that needs you to be remotely accurate but racing games - or careering around a track smashing into stuff in this case, DA looks like it could be great fun!  I live in hope that they bring back one of my favourite console games, SSX - played those games to death!

Gonna be tough for me to switch to xbox tbh, especially if as I assume my VR system will work on it - but it will be interesting to see if xbox can close the gap.  Any xbox exclusives I may miss out on also have the chance of being released on PC so thats another tick in the PS box as well.

I'm a playstation man - all the wa back to PS1. Still have them all, plus loads of games......

Anyway, having watched the marathon link (1.25 hours of a "teaser"?????) I shall be saving my pennies up.

When's launch date?

12 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm a playstation man - all the wa back to PS1. Still have them all, plus loads of games......

Anyway, having watched the marathon link (1.25 hours of a "teaser"?????) I shall be saving my pennies up.

When's launch date?

Date/price etc not revealed yet.

I've signed up here to get all the news as its announced;

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps5/

Edited by maxjam

So, The Last Of Us II. 

I've bumped into a major spoiler before getting the game. 

Reviews are 10/10 pretty much but they say it's even more miserable than part I. 

I've combined the two and I'm not as excited to get my hands on it as I was but Naughty Dog haven't put a foot wrong in years and years imo. 

Anyone on board? 

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

So, The Last Of Us II. 

Reviews are 10/10 pretty much but they say it's even more miserable than part I. 

I've combined the two and I'm not as excited to get my hands on it as I was but Naughty Dog haven't put a foot wrong in years and years imo. 

Anyone on board? 

I still haven't done #1 (I have a copy among a backlog of games). But if it's a misery-fest I'm in.

Loved Silent Hill......

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I still haven't done #1 (I have a copy among a backlog of games). But if it's a misery-fest I'm in.

Loved Silent Hill......

Masterpiece! There are some things in it that have since been done better in other games though. But for story and atmosphere I think it's as good as any game, ever! 

Only about 8 - 12 hours long too. Thats a bad thing to most people but these 30 - 70 hour long games are a bit much aren't they? 

Get on it! 

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

Masterpiece! There are some things in it that have since been done better in other games though. But for story and atmosphere I think it's as good as any game, ever! 

Only about 8 - 12 hours long too. Thats a bad thing to most people but these 30 - 70 hour long games are a bit much aren't they? 

Get on it! 

Oh yes......games like the old Final Fantasy series on my PS1 would take forever and would even worse generate a sub-culture of nerds ?

I much prefer the modern genres. You can pick them up and put them down for a bit.

I have moved the last of us up to the top of my "yet to play" stash of games ?

16 hours ago, Alpha said:

So, The Last Of Us II. 

Anyone on board? 

Yes I also stumble across that major spoiler. I’m surprised but not crying about it like some. Think I’ll wait for the dust to settle & get it cheap in a few months. Loved the first one.