Gaming

SaintRam

Just now, David said:

Let’s be honest, you play on PC so not a real gamer anyway.

shaun the sheep tongue out GIF by Aardman Animations

Haha!

Well you'd have me there if I didn't also have an Xbox One, PS4 and a Nintendo Switch (Not that I can currently get the latter out of the hands of my other half since Pokemon came out).

About 90% of my freetime is spent gaming, I couldn't do it all sitting at my desk. At least some of it has to be lounging on a bed or the sofa ? 

Out of curiosity what games are you playing currently / have played recently that you really vouch for? And are any of them console exclusive? I haven't picked up a new console game recently.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Haha!

Well you'd have me there if I didn't also have an Xbox One, PS4 and a Nintendo Switch (Not that I can currently get the latter out of the hands of my other half since Pokemon came out).

About 90% of my freetime is spent gaming, I couldn't do it all sitting at my desk. At least some of it has to be lounging on a bed or the sofa ? 

Out of curiosity what games are you playing currently / have played recently that you really vouch for? And are any of them console exclusive? I haven't picked up a new console game recently.

At the minute I’m struggling with Modern Warfare, I can see it’s a good game unlike RDR2 but so different to any other COD I’m finding it hard to adjust my play style. More of a COD/Battlefield hybrid game. 

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

Music is subjective. Just like games.

Of course and you are free to play terrible games whilst listening to terrible music, not stopping you, just making you aware it’s a terrible game that’s all. You can still enjoy it, but one day you will look back on this and agree with me. 

Just now, David said:

At the minute I’m struggling with Modern Warfare, I can see it’s a good game unlike RDR2 but so different to any other COD I’m finding it hard to adjust my play style. More of a COD/Battlefield hybrid game. 

Unnecessary, sir! ? 

Aye as I said earlier I'm not a guy for those types of games any more; but I noticed they increased the map size and added tanks to this one which seems like a weird move. Seems like they'd be OP in COD.

Have they added ways of dealing with Tanks like BF has or is the only option RPGs?

5 minutes ago, David said:

Of course and you are free to play terrible games whilst listening to terrible music, not stopping you, just making you aware it’s a terrible game that’s all. You can still enjoy it, but one day you will look back on this and agree with me. 

It's terrible to you but not to others. Come on David, what music do you listen to, what games do you enjoy? Come on I want to call your taste terrible! 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Unnecessary, sir! ? 

Aye as I said earlier I'm not a guy for those types of games any more; but I noticed they increased the map size and added tanks to this one which seems like a weird move. Seems like they'd be OP in COD.

Have they added ways of dealing with Tanks like BF has or is the only option RPGs?

You have I think 4 launchers available to use, you can also edit your class in game now as well so there’s no excuse not to equip one, after the next death you have it available. Some maps are small, but they also have some ground war only maps. A lot of change this year, for once it would be really unfair to say its a copy and paste job like FIFA 

1 minute ago, Squid said:

It's terrible to you but not to others. Come on David, what music do you listen to, what games do you enjoy? Come on I want to call your taste terrible! 

I think we’ve established this already. I play Bob the Builder and listen to Spice Girls.

Just now, David said:

You have I think 4 launchers available to use, you can also edit your class in game now as well so there’s no excuse not to equip one, after the next death you have it available. Some maps are small, but they also have some ground war only maps. A lot of change this year, for once it would be really unfair to say its a copy and paste job like FIFA 

I definitely applaud them for trying to do different things; because as you say the copy and paste jobs of the past have essentially been just money-grabbing.

There'll always be an audience for that type of game too and with EA really doing its best to accidentally smother Battlefield with its bad decisions I suppose it makes sense for Activision to try and hybridise a little and see if it can steal some of that market.

Not sure how successful they'll be at that, the weird fan clans that develop in gaming (like the PS v Xbox weirdos) are as stubborn as they come, but it's a sensible strategy at this time.

I might pick it up in the new year for the occasional early weekend morning blast; never think much of those types of games but they can be enjoyable to me in very small bursts. Haven't played a console shooter since... the last Killzone? 6 years ?

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I definitely applaud them for trying to do different things; because as you say the copy and paste jobs of the past have essentially been just money-grabbing.

There'll always be an audience for that type of game too and with EA really doing its best to accidentally smother Battlefield with its bad decisions I suppose it makes sense for Activision to try and hybridise a little and see if it can steal some of that market.

Not sure how successful they'll be at that, the weird fan clans that develop in gaming (like the PS v Xbox weirdos) are as stubborn as they come, but it's a sensible strategy at this time.

I might pick it up in the new year for the occasional early weekend morning blast; never think much of those types of games but they can be enjoyable to me in very small bursts. Haven't played a console shooter since... the last Killzone? 6 years ?

Even less reason for PS v Xbox now it has cross platform

5 minutes ago, David said:

Even less reason for PS v Xbox now it has cross platform

Indeed, they still exist though.

Julia Hardy does a lot of media work with Xbox; every time she tweets about a game she's playing on her PS she gets quite a few replies from angry Xbox fans ? Whole segment of her feed when she was talking about The Outer Worlds is now-deleted abusive tweets about it.

Really weird folk. 

Edited by SaintRam

I am also keen on FM.

I got the new one on Monday night and started a season with Derby.

I got over £2 million by selling Jozefzoon.

I was able to sign Carles Aleñá (a young midfielder who made almost 30 apps for Barcelona last season) on a season long loan.

Cocu and Lampard really have put us on the map. ?

Yesterday, I had an email from EA about a log in to my account from an unknown device. If it wasn't me, should change my password etc. There was no link within the email, so presume it wasn't a scam.

Thing is, I haven't used it for at least 5 years, and the PS3 I used is buried in a box somewhere in the attic I think. 

If someone has logged in on that account, surely the payment cards would be out of date now, so they'd be unlikely to be able to buy anything?

Presume all I can do is ignore the email?

4 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Yesterday, I had an email from EA about a log in to my account from an unknown device. If it wasn't me, should change my password etc. There was no link within the email, so presume it wasn't a scam.

Thing is, I haven't used it for at least 5 years, and the PS3 I used is buried in a box somewhere in the attic I think. 

If someone has logged in on that account, surely the payment cards would be out of date now, so they'd be unlikely to be able to buy anything?

Presume all I can do is ignore the email?

I get texts all the time from "EA" with codes in Russian about resetting my account