Gaming

SaintRam

Looking forward to PES 20. 

There was a brief period where Fifa was the better game but back to Pes now. 

I just download the option file for pes and it's all kitted up properly anyway. I think Fifa looks great right up until kick off. It sounds great too but pes is just a better game. When you've made it look licensed and official then you don't really miss the presentation of Fifa. 

Fifa scripting seems worse too. You can always tell when the AI will score. 

10 hours ago, Alpha said:

I just download the option file for pes and it's all kitted up properly anyway. I think Fifa looks great right up until kick off. It sounds great too but pes is just a better game. When you've made it look licensed and official then you don't really miss the presentation of Fifa. 

Haven't played a football game since Fifa 17. Used to buy one every year but I'd say ever since they bought in UT, it's very stale. At least FIFA 20 they've had a look Volta (Fifa Street Mode) which does look fun and something a little different. But all gaming now is online based and that's why I don't play games as much now.

Many developers don't care about single player campaigns anymore, when was the last time Fifa had a decent career mode? It's been broken for a long time, because they've focused on Ultimate Team, requiring gamers to spend even more money to buy good players. I hate that in gaming culture. I want to buy a great game, then have the choice of buying additional content, not buy a half arsed game (Star Wars Battlefront) and find out you need to spend another £20-30 to have full game access.

Edited by SouthStandDan

2 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Haven't played a football game since Fifa 17. Used to buy one every year but I'd say ever since they bought in UT, it's very stale. At least FIFA 20 they've had a look Volta (Fifa Street Mode) which does look fun and something a little different. But all gaming now is online based and that's why I don't play games as much now.

Many developers don't care about single player campaigns anymore, when was the last time Fifa had a decent career mode? It's been broken for a long time, because they've focused on Ultimate Team, requiring gamers to spend even more money to buy good players. I hate that in gaming culture. I want to buy a great game, then have the choice of buying additional content, not buy a half arsed game (Star Wars Battlefront) and find out you need to spend another £20-30 to have full game access.

EA are bad for that on all titles aren't they? 

Their shooters are just tin can alley games with nice graphics. 

I'm a single player gamer too. I have been online and when Battlefield 3 came out I was on it all the time. 

I think the football games are good every few years. The last game for me was Pro Evo 17. Before that it was Fifa 15. They just don't change much. And I think it may have been the change from Fifa 15 to the demo of 16 that put me back onto Pro Evo. I thought 15 was poor but using the slider difficulty I managed to make it less of an arcade game. Then they bring out 16 and it was impossible to make it look less arcade like. It had no improvements, it had a new annual gimmick and was just obsessed with FUT. 

I won't bother online until one of them stops the 1 touch passes all the way down the pitch. There's next no passing error in Fifa and Pro Evo doesn't have it so much online. 

It looks nothing like football when you can go from back to front with 5 touches so often. 

Take Pro Evo offline and you get the AI doing piss poor crosses and poor longballs to nobody. They miscontrol or hit hospital passes to the keeper. They tightly mark key players. They get booked for diving and give soft free kicks. 

You sometimes can't break them down when they sit deep. Play against Man United in the demo and they constantly hoof it to Lukaku (roster not updated in demo) and he wins all headers against all Barcelona players but Pique. 

On Fifa the fastest players are the best. On Pro Evo Dybala is amazing because he can twist and turn so quickly. Other players are clumsy. I bet in Fifa Dybala turns the same as any other player. I bet pace is his best weapon and his crossing is deadly. In Pro Evo he's actually great for twisting his way around defenders like er... the real Dybala. 

Double tap sprint when a defender comes to Messi and he can knock it past players just as they challenge him. You can skip past 3 or 4 defenders like this on the hardest difficulty. If you run in a straight line he gets pushed off the ball. Lots of players feel individual. Messi can skip past tackles and he can hold off defenders for a while. But if you get to him fast enough or if he tries to hold on for too long then he can be tackled.

It's a good effort this year. iss was always good and the first Pro Evo's we miles better than FIFA. After a bit of an arcade spell I think they are back producing better football games. 

EA are just loving the DLC, microtransactions, big budget advertising and nice graphics. I think their games are lazy. 

Edited by Alpha

14 hours ago, Alpha said:

I wish EA would come out and just admit to this. Anyone who has played the game knows it exists and has done for many years. Everyone who goes on their forums and mentions handicap, scripting or momentum are banned straight away, no second chances. Seems like a dictatorship on there where censorship is major, if it’s didn't exist they wouldn’t ban everyone who even mention the words. Would rather an enjoyable football game where the person best wins rather than the game deciding who gets to win. 

Maybe I should get back into Pes, I haven’t played it since 2006. I much preferred playing that on the ps2 than Fifa.

4 hours ago, Sexydadbod said:

I wish EA would come out and just admit to this. Anyone who has played the game knows it exists and has done for many years. Everyone who goes on their forums and mentions handicap, scripting or momentum are banned straight away, no second chances. Seems like a dictatorship on there where censorship is major, if it’s didn't exist they wouldn’t ban everyone who even mention the words. Would rather an enjoyable football game where the person best wins rather than the game deciding who gets to win. 

Maybe I should get back into Pes, I haven’t played it since 2006. I much preferred playing that on the ps2 than Fifa.

It's a better game and you can download all the right kits, badges and managers for PC and Ps4. Not xbox though.

Fifa does the menus, music, commentary, scoreboards, etc all better. All the atmosphere things. 

Never done a fist pump after scoring on Fifa against the AI.?

On 05/09/2019 at 21:14, Alpha said:

Mine has just arrived in the post ?

On 06/09/2019 at 10:26, Alpha said:

EA are bad for that on all titles aren't they? 

Their shooters are just tin can alley games with nice graphics. 

I'm a single player gamer too. I have been online and when Battlefield 3 came out I was on it all the time. 

I think the football games are good every few years. The last game for me was Pro Evo 17. Before that it was Fifa 15. They just don't change much. And I think it may have been the change from Fifa 15 to the demo of 16 that put me back onto Pro Evo. I thought 15 was poor but using the slider difficulty I managed to make it less of an arcade game. Then they bring out 16 and it was impossible to make it look less arcade like. It had no improvements, it had a new annual gimmick and was just obsessed with FUT. 

I won't bother online until one of them stops the 1 touch passes all the way down the pitch. There's next no passing error in Fifa and Pro Evo doesn't have it so much online. 

It looks nothing like football when you can go from back to front with 5 touches so often. 

Take Pro Evo offline and you get the AI doing piss poor crosses and poor longballs to nobody. They miscontrol or hit hospital passes to the keeper. They tightly mark key players. They get booked for diving and give soft free kicks. 

You sometimes can't break them down when they sit deep. Play against Man United in the demo and they constantly hoof it to Lukaku (roster not updated in demo) and he wins all headers against all Barcelona players but Pique. 

On Fifa the fastest players are the best. On Pro Evo Dybala is amazing because he can twist and turn so quickly. Other players are clumsy. I bet in Fifa Dybala turns the same as any other player. I bet pace is his best weapon and his crossing is deadly. In Pro Evo he's actually great for twisting his way around defenders like er... the real Dybala. 

Double tap sprint when a defender comes to Messi and he can knock it past players just as they challenge him. You can skip past 3 or 4 defenders like this on the hardest difficulty. If you run in a straight line he gets pushed off the ball. Lots of players feel individual. Messi can skip past tackles and he can hold off defenders for a while. But if you get to him fast enough or if he tries to hold on for too long then he can be tackled.

It's a good effort this year. iss was always good and the first Pro Evo's we miles better than FIFA. After a bit of an arcade spell I think they are back producing better football games. 

EA are just loving the DLC, microtransactions, big budget advertising and nice graphics. I think their games are lazy. 

I really got sick of Fifa after Fifa 19. It pisses me off how they continually neglect Career Mode, which has always been my favourite mode, in favour of Ultimate Team, which I haven't cared about for years. I've decided that, for the first time since Fifa 06, I'm not going to buy the new Fifa this year. It's a shame because it will mean missing out on playing Pro Clubs with my mates, which also hasn't been updated for years but remains absolutely hilarious with the right people.

I downloaded the PES 20 demo yesterday and the gameplay is streets ahead. It actually feels dynamic, rather than Fifa's perfect and predictable passing and shooting. Whether or not I shell out on the game is a different matter though. Do you know what PES' career mode is like? The last PES game I bought was PES 16, which pissed me off purely because Derby played in yellow!

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I really got sick of Fifa after Fifa 19. It pisses me off how they continually neglect Career Mode, which has always been my favourite mode, in favour of Ultimate Team, which I haven't cared about for years. I've decided that, for the first time since Fifa 06, I'm not going to buy the new Fifa this year. It's a shame because it will mean missing out on playing Pro Clubs with my mates, which also hasn't been updated for years but remains absolutely hilarious with the right people.

I downloaded the PES 20 demo yesterday and the gameplay is streets ahead. It actually feels dynamic, rather than Fifa's perfect and predictable passing and shooting. Whether or not I shell out on the game is a different matter though. Do you know what PES' career mode is like? The last PES game I bought was PES 16, which pissed me off purely because Derby played in yellow!

They have jazzed up the career mode with cinematics. You can choose to be an ex player of a manager by being Maradona, Cruyff etc. They say transfers will be realistic and player values are more realistic. 

I mean with editing you can have "official" branding in the background of interviews. There is supposed to be some story to your career and your choices matter. 

https://youtu.be/vhDP3Pp5rEI

Might just be all talk but i grab a football game every couple of years and I can't be doing with the arcade mayhem of Fifa. 

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

They have jazzed up the career mode with cinematics. You can choose to be an ex player of a manager by being Maradona, Cruyff etc. They say transfers will be realistic and player values are more realistic. 

I mean with editing you can have "official" branding in the background of interviews. There is supposed to be some story to your career and your choices matter. 

https://youtu.be/vhDP3Pp5rEI

Might just be all talk but i grab a football game every couple of years and I can't be doing with the arcade mayhem of Fifa. 

Nice but, to be honest, I'm not bothered about the cinematics as they can get boring after a while.

What I'm more bothered about is opposition teams buying and selling sensibly. After getting Derby promoted in my first season on Fifa 19, I played a Man City team with Leroy Sane as their only recognisable first-team player. The rest were youth and reserve players, with the worst thing being a 58-rated goalkeeper. If stuff like that doesn't happen in PES, then I may buy it.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Nice but, to be honest, I'm not bothered about the cinematics as they can get boring after a while.

What I'm more bothered about is opposition teams buying and selling sensibly. After getting Derby promoted in my first season on Fifa 19, I played a Man City team with Leroy Sane as their only recognisable first-team player. The rest were youth and reserve players, with the worst thing being a 58-rated goalkeeper. If stuff like that doesn't happen in PES, then I may buy it.

I can't imagine anything will get that bad. In Pro Evo 17 the other teams didn't really improve but they'd buy players with similar ratings to what they had. So they'd stay the same. 

The problem was that they bought players they didn't need. So Real Madrid would replace 88 rated players with 84 rated players and leave their 84 rated players in the team. Where the AI should be trying to get the overall rating up.

But that was 2017. They said it's been focused on more this year. 

I think it's quite a bit better than Fifa. It just has really clumsy menus, music and commentary. Stuff FIFA nailed about 20 years ago. 

As soon as you score a 92nd minute winner from a poor defensive header then you'll think it's £50 well spent.  Just get the option file or it looks even more clumsy. 

Do many people actually finish games anymore. 

I was desperate to get some time on GTA, RDRII, Days Gone, Wildlands, Kingdom Come, Hitman and Horizon Zero Dawn and I bet I've not got 50% through any of them

Still only The Last Of Us that I couldn't put down and completed 2 or 3 times. 

I game about 4 or 5 hours per week on average and after 2 weeks I give up. Would take me months to complete Wildlands!

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I was desperate to get some time on GTA, RDRII, Days Gone, Wildlands, Kingdom Come, Hitman and Horizon Zero Dawn and I bet I've not got 50% through any of them

I game about 4 or 5 hours per week on average and after 2 weeks I give up. Would take me months to complete Wildlands!

Almost never finish games. The stories in the games just don't really keep me engrossed anymore, and some of them feel too long. The last big game I finished was Red Dead Redemption 2, but I was finding myself doing that to justify paying for it, rather than enjoying it completely. Probably just nostalgia but I used to enjoy the single player aspects of games much more.

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The reason I prefer open-world games is because you can have fun without following the main story line. Skyrim is probably my favourite game of all time but I've never finished it. I wouldn't class myself as a gamer as I only play in fits and starts, but the last game I finished was the first RDR, which I blitzed through so I could play RDR2. The irony being, I've only done about three missions on RDR 2.

One thing that annoys me greatly about Pro 19 is online co-op. All me and my mate ever play against is bloody My Club teams, we always pick Arsenal as that is his team but it is pointless when you have to face a team of overrated superstars but you can't casually not face them. The stupid thing is that the My Club Messi was rated at over 100, when we picked Barcelona to try he was only 94 or something. Impossible. Much better game offline.

In general, games today are designed for online and left unfinished to steal your cash. Those that are single player tend to be huge. I love Red Dead 2 but it is simply too big for the amount of time I can put into it. My favourite recent games have been the Uncharted series, easy to drop in and out.  I have the same issue in finishing games and when I go back to them, I have no idea what to do. Very difficult these days to load up a game and dive straight into action without having to travel miles in game to get there.

Early impressions on PES20 is that the gameplay is better, close control being a big improvement.  New camera angle is good, and helps with scoring some great goals.

Haven’t ventured into master league as the squads are out of date, MM and HW are still with the Rams, although as I got it early I can forgive as long as an update is on its way. Also no training mode, one of my favourite parts was completing the challenges ?

I find Pes 20 on the Demo awful online, its weird becuase the graphics are great and certain things like the way the players receive the ball is better than Fifa and the passing has less assistance which is good but running down the wings and crossing and doing cut backs is far too overpowered , keepers cant save 1vs1s , and there are loads of  stupid things that happen that lead to goals,. I might just be that I am so used to Fifa as it is a game I have played a lot for years, but even though Fifa 19 was the worst Fifa I ever played I would still rather play that than the Pes demo. Offline It was decent but that is becuase unless you put it on a hard difficulty the AI are awful and even then they are predictable, so it was nice and causal but it would quickly get boring. Fifa 20 is supposed to be a lot better than 19 but I will believe that when I actually play it.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

On 07/09/2019 at 17:21, Alpha said:

I only finish games. I usually buy games a couple of years old 2nd hand and play them until they are finished. I often end up getting Assassin Creed games or Far Cry though. Think I done 4 AC games and 3 Far Cry ones. Got the 2nd to last AC game now but not started yet. Trying to catch up on tv at moment. Tough life.

Last AC I did was the one in London and it might have been my fave yet.

Should be time for RDR2 soon although never played the first one.

Played most the GTAs from 3 onwards. About time there was another surely. Loved the 3 original Mass Effect games as well.

Any recommendations from anyone who likes these sort of games?