If we won the £130 million Bonanza for the Rams, how would you spend it?

Rampage

Not a great deal going on in transfers, so another sideline to pass the time until the kickoff. If we had the £60 million for the first year and the rest spread over three or four yours, how would you spend it? It is a theoretical situation so no need to dismiss it as a thread. It is not as easy to know what to do as might be assumed at first. Pay off the Stadium?n Extend the stadium?. Fans Park? Mainly on players? etc. Let's hear your ideas and business plan.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a great deal going on in transfers, so another sideline to pass the time until the kickoff. If we had the £60 million for the first year and the rest spread over three or four yours, how would you spend it? It is a theoretical situation so no need to dismiss it as a thread. It is not as easy to know what to do as might be assumed at first. Pay off the Stadium?n Extend the stadium?. Fans Park? Mainly on players? etc. Let's hear your ideas and business plan.

What bonanza? Are you referring to promotion?

From 2016/17 season, for playing just one season in the Premier League, it will be worth approx. £130m per club, made up of approx. £80m for the first season, followed, if relegated, by 4 seasons of parachute payments of £50m.

However, the money is not paid out in one lump sum at the beginning of a season, but spread out, I believe, in four payments per season. The good thing though, is that the club would know it was guaranteed these payments and could purchase or loan a player in advance.

The trick now, is to get there!!!

From 2016/17 season, for playing just one season in the Premier League, it will be worth approx. £130m per club, made up of approx. £80m for the first season, followed, if relegated, by 4 seasons of parachute payments of £50m.

However, the money is not paid out in one lump sum at the beginning of a season, but spread out, I believe, in four payments per season. The good thing though, is that the club would know it was guaranteed these payments and could purchase or loan a player in advance.

The trick now, is to get there!!!

Essentially £80 next season if we achieved promotion then. Now I fully understand why the likes of Derby and Boro are splashing the cash or are reported to be splashing the cash. Incoming players are calculating their cut of that cash and they want to jump to the Club with the biggest chance of promotion. The more good players that we sign, the more of them that will want to come here. I have no concept of why Paul Clement would have to try really hard to motivate players to win games . Neither have I any idea why the last thirteen games of last season seemed to include an element of demotivation in the squad when the cash, status and excitement was right in front of them.Bizarre really.

First season I would get a couple of younger 'Experienced' players, Butland, Wisdom, Chalobah and either Mowatt/Cook or Byram. Then spend quite a bit on the Youth Academy! Next season I would upgrade the stadium to 40,000+ capacity! From then on we should be producing enough quality youth players to do well! 

I'd go balls out for 3 or 4 bits of expensive South American and continental class and hope the promotion squad could cope around them. Talk about bloody premature though!

I'd spend it on eight seriously, seriously good players. 

How do I know they're good players? Because they're being scouted morning, noon and night to show they have unquestionable ability and that they could adapt to England. 

I'd also improve the youth academy feckin' no end. The scouting, etc... 

I'd spend it on eight seriously, seriously good players. 

How do I know they're good players? Because they're being scouted morning, noon and night to show they have unquestionable ability and that they could adapt to England. 

I'd also improve the youth academy feckin' no end. The scouting, etc... 

Probably unrealistic to get that many seriously good players in, especially as scouting doesn't count for as much as it used to. Any player with any sort of potential is known by most european clubs in the top divisions. 

I'd be tempted (If Brentford are around the top 6 again) to make a big offer to their chairman for exclusive rights (with them) to use the software. A sort of investment into his company. 

I'd sign one player who has been there and done it with regards to staying up in the premier league, a roll your sleeves up and grab the game by the short and curlies kind of player BUT it couldn't just be any old journey man it would have to be the perfect old head for us. Not a nasty player either, just somebody who knows when the ball needs toe poking down the line in the 88th minute rather than trying to play it out of defence when drawing 1-1 away from home or something. Maybe a much, much better Eustace type or a quality CB coming to the end of his career? 

Probably unrealistic to get that many seriously good players in, especially as scouting doesn't count for as much as it used to. Any player with any sort of potential is known by most european clubs in the top divisions. 

I'd be tempted (If Brentford are around the top 6 again) to make a big offer to their chairman for exclusive rights (with them) to use the software. A sort of investment into his company. 

I'd sign one player who has been there and done it with regards to staying up in the premier league, a roll your sleeves up and grab the game by the short and curlies kind of player BUT it couldn't just be any old journey man it would have to be the perfect old head for us. Not a nasty player either, just somebody who knows when the ball needs toe poking down the line in the 88th minute rather than trying to play it out of defence when drawing 1-1 away from home or something. Maybe a much, much better Eustace type or a quality CB coming to the end of his career? 

What's this bit about? 

Archived