Players who have signed for the club, left, and go on to have a better career

Sam_DCFC_1994

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Controversy alert! Wait 'til Ramnut sees this. This'll be good.

you seem to think i have a downer on Lee Grant?

i'd be his biggest fan if he caught crosses, kicked cleanly, and got in the way of the ball a bit more often.

the others - bywater, carroll, and brad jones - were all craap

(someone forgot to mention legzdins, and fielding who were pretty ordinary too).

I'm sure that's correct.I think there was another incident where he challenged someone (possibly Sir Brian) to a game of golf where he (Duncan) threw and rolled the ball, his opponent used the convention golf clubs. Don't recall the outcome.

Some more maybe

Kevin Francis - Never much more than a freakshow / last throw of the dice for us but carved a decent career and a biggish money move to Birmingham.

Gary Ablett - Short loan spell preceded a long Premier League career.

Kevin Wilson - Scored almost a goal a game in his breakout season and went on to play at a decent level for Ipswich and Chelsea.

Steve Wicks - Short spell with us and was later considered one of the best players never to play for England.

Don O'Riordan

Didn't really do much there, but Poom had a couple of season's with Arsenal as I recall.

Wanchope at city sounds better now than it did at the time, as I think he was relagated with them

Tommy smith also had a few seasons in the Prem

Didn't really do much there, but Poom had a couple of season's with Arsenal as I recall.

Wanchope at city sounds better now than it did at the time, as I think he was relagated with them

Tommy smith also had a few seasons in the Prem

yeah Poom was at Arsenal for about season and a half, hardly played (1 league game I think) but wanted to learn GK coaching from Bob Wilson

Poom is now Estonia's GK Coach if we count coaching roles as going onto bigger things just to complicate this tread even more 

Nick Wright, we had him on our books since he was a child, let him go and he scored the best ever play off final winning goal ever for Watford to get them to the Premiershite.

Darren Wrack...never quite made it with us, nice blonde hair though, went on to be a legend at Walsall.

Baggio's wages were beyond our realm. I'm sure Jim Smith said he wanted a million a year and that was unaffordable.

Yakubu married a Portuguese woman.

i remember all the useless bits of trivia, me!

Ravanelli at £40k a week worked out much more expensive than that! Had Jim found some notes stuffed down the back of Lionel's sofa?

Archived