Farrend Rawson - Rotherham

Dale The Ram

Was concerned about him at Rotherham when Redfearn came out and said Evans had signed mediocre players, but he played the 90 in the 2-0 win against Hull and still seems to be seen as their best defender. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Just watched the highlights and there was an element of luck to Rotherham's clean sheet, but I'm impressed he's doing well at a decent level in his first real test.

Looking forward to Rotherham away this year.

The incident for the penalty which put Rovrum 1-0 up was absolutely hilarious. Absolutely clown-like defending from Odubajo (dubbed the best RB in the league by Hull fans). Even the pundits on Sky Sports were laughing at it on Goals Express at 6pm yesterday.

35 minutes ago, Kernow said:

The incident for the penalty which put Rovrum 1-0 up was absolutely hilarious. Absolutely clown-like defending from Odubajo (dubbed the best RB in the league by Hull fans). Even the pundits on Sky Sports were laughing at it on Goals Express at 6pm yesterday.

It was very Clod-esque.

• 2 weeks later...

Suffered a hamstring injury against Preston late on, severity unknown. Preston capitalised on the weakened defence to score a late winner, too. 

45 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Why is this thread in transfer talk? As far as I can see its all just about Farrend's progress in his loans and whether he would or would not be good enough to play for us 

Just is. We could have a stickied Loan watch thread but no-ones really seen an issue with posting updates in here. We discuss the initial loan rumours/links/news in here when it happens, and track them here until they come back to us/leave permanently. 

55 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Why is this thread in transfer talk? As far as I can see its all just about Farrend's progress in his loans and whether he would or would not be good enough to play for us 

40 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Because it was initially a transfer?

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Just is. We could have a stickied Loan watch thread but no-ones really seen an issue with posting updates in here. We discuss the initial loan rumours/links/news in here when it happens, and track them here until they come back to us/leave permanently. 

There's an ongoing thread about Farrend and his Rotherham progress in Rams Talk: http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/20198-farrend-rawson-progress-on-loan-at-rotherham/?page=1

I don't know why people keep posting in here.

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

There's an ongoing thread about Farrend and his Rotherham progress in Rams Talk: http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/20198-farrend-rawson-progress-on-loan-at-rotherham/?page=1

I don't know why people keep posting in here.

Oh yeah, I've posted in there, It's probably because people keep starting annoying threads on Rams Talk and make me keep marking the whole place as read :lol:. Out of sight out of mind :p I'll post the injury news there. 

• 1 month later...

How was his loan spell?

I think we're going to see lots of this from Wassall, a fair bit of playing time for Rawson, Hanson and Lowe hopefully. If he's done well at Burton maybe Bennett can finally break out next season.

We got in such a strong position through savvy and cheap signings (Christie, Keogh, Bryson, Martin, Russell) and the great resource of our academy (Hughes, Hendrick). If we can do a bit more of that rather than splashing the cash on guys who don't really fit then we'll be back on track.

Just now, Posh Ram said:

How was his loan spell?

I think we're going to see lots of this from Wassall, a fair bit of playing time for Rawson, Hanson and Lowe hopefully. If he's done well at Burton maybe Bennett can finally break out next season.

We got in such a strong position through savvy and cheap signings (Christie, Keogh, Bryson, Martin, Russell) and the great resource of our academy (Hughes, Hendrick). If we can do a bit more of that rather than splashing the cash on guys who don't really fit then we'll be back on track.

Think he suffered through the change of managers - only guessing though. Playing time dropped as the manager got changed.

Wouldn't expect anything from Lowe this year as I believe he's out for the season now. I'd expect Zanzala to be in and around the squad now too.

1 minute ago, Posh Ram said:

How was his loan spell?

Consistent in the first half of the season. Two appearances this year with the management changes. I don't think he's been recalled to be included but he could fight his way into the team if our defense falters. 

4 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Could be second choice RB couldn't he? Now Baird and Shotton have gone. The odd appearance there when needed and just generally training alongside the likes of Keogh, Buko and Shackle + U21 football wi be about the extent of the rest of this season I suspect 

I'd imagine Ssewankambo is ahead of him there - also wouldn't be surprised to see a shuffle involving Warnock and Olsson either, before he was to play there over being his natural CB.

Archived