Farrend Rawson - Rotherham

Dale The Ram

Stated on the commentary that it was a thigh injury Eddie

OK, thanks. I was making a life-changing decision at the time - beer or whisky.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, thanks. I was making a life-changing decision at the time - beer or whisky.

You can't leave us hanging like that eddie - which one won?

You can't leave us hanging like that eddie - which one won?

Hmm it would have been about 9.20pm. Eddie would have finished work at 5pm, so would have been drinking beer since 5.10pm, so I will go whisky.

Can we have a poll? 

Purely Medicinal of course      ?

If 'Ratarsed' is my normal state, and the use of medicine is intended to return body and mind to its normal state, then yes.

I was thinking more on the lines of thinning the blood,my dear old dad used to have problems with thrombosis and he always used to have a tot a day,always said"purely medicinal son"

It helps.

I've had Deep Vein Thrombosis 3 times for certain and another couple of times suspected - and a little whisky definitely seems to help the rivaroxaban  (my regular treatment) do its job a little. It goes without saying, therefore, that a lot of whisky will help a lot.

It helps.

I've had Deep Vein Thrombosis 3 times for certain and another couple of times suspected - and a little whisky definitely seems to help the rivaroxaban  (my regular treatment) do its job a little. It goes without saying, therefore, that a lot of whisky will help a lot.

my old Dad used to say "get the whisky down your neck. manage your Warfarin, don't let it manage you"

my old Dad used to say "get the whisky down your neck. manage your Warfarin, don't let it manage you"

Very wise, your dad. Warfarin is horrible muck which caused me so many problems. Thankfully I now have treatment which does not require fortnightly blood tests. A tablet a day, that's all.

Very wise, your dad. Warfarin is horrible muck which caused me so many problems. Thankfully I now have treatment which does not require fortnightly blood tests. A tablet a day, that's all.

and don't forget to wear the travel socks when you fly to Singapore

and don't forget to wear the travel socks when you fly to Singapore

Yep. I think we'll do it in stages - possibly a couple of days stop in India

Yep. I think we'll do it in stages - possibly a couple of days stop in India

or Kuala Lumpur. One of my five favourite places in the world.   Back in the 90s when I was asked to do a fortnight's training there I was really chuffed and told a colleague that I was going to KL (as those on the know call the place) and she said "King's Lynn?"  Instant deflation

or Kuala Lumpur. One of my five favourite places in the world.   Back in the 90s when I was asked to do a fortnight's training there I was really chuffed and told a colleague that I was going to KL (as those on the know call the place) and she said "King's Lynn?"  Instant deflation

I think we might well drop off at KL for a couple of days - maybe hire a car and go up to the Cameron Highlands

I think we might well drop off at KL for a couple of days - maybe hire a car and go up to the Cameron Highlands

If you are going to KL (malaysia one) let me know if you need any pointers, lived here the last 2 years, lived in Singapore for 3 years as well

If you are going to KL (malaysia one) let me know if you need any pointers, lived here the last 2 years, lived in Singapore for 3 years as well

It won't be for a couple of years - retirement holiday, revisiting my childhood before I enter my second one.

Thanks, I'll most definitely take you up on it.

Archived