Richard Keogh

Smiffy2491

I say we sell useless keough and panics to much.

Our most cultured footballer at the back, rarely gives it away (half the crowd bay for him to give it away so they can slag him off) and carries it forward over long distances to "only " pass it to one of our players.

so the great bastion of support the players now wants our best centre half for many years to leave.....we indeed deserved the end to last season

congratualtions at following the drivel spouted by our "fans" 

just ignore fact he so worth a lot lot more than our other defenders......it would conflict with your dumb ignorant un supportive views.   If you bounce you are a red....much love 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh's a solid defender but for the price that's touted we'd be mad not to sell.

the reason he will be going is because he wants to leave us, and our moaning fans behind. It is not so bad fans blaming crap players as we have over the years. But to have our best defender slagged off and criticised endlessly during and after games....means he don't want to play for us.

all players accept criticism...but not Biased irrational criticism. I read the other day some fan claiming if Keogh had not gone to ground trying to block the florist winner he would have blocked it. Utter crap.  Florist goal was the fault of many many other players and not Keogh's.  A player was given a free run at him from near half way line to the penalty box.  Keogh started deep, as he is a defender.  Rest of team gave a free run to florist midfielder., Keogh stayed on his feet to the last minute.  I give up anyway, our captain is leaving. A key cog in the way we play.

fans want a captain who won't ******* players on the pitch? Well welcome to a losing captain then.  However, our next captain will ******* players....so maybe our witch hunt fans can at last have the decency to attack our next captain. Sad day for derby fans...ie half of the home game attendees 

yes £4m is a lot......but with a very rich owner we clearly do not need the £4m 

i can't blame the club for selling Keogh, he will want oit and away from our critical whingeing fans who think there are better centre halves in this division. Half our fans think Buxton is a better player than Keogh. So obviously not true.

i am annoyed that our fans harm our club, harm our chances of promotion both In The past, present and future. 

Is he a very good centre back? I would say he's a centre back with the attributes that could make him a very good one. Sadly, he's a massive liability in massive games. Cannot stay on his feet, does not read the game, his whole game is based on reaction. We don't need that

liability ?  Give an example of two errors.....and make sure you have the patience to actually debate and analyse them 

Keogh is a very experienced, generally reliable Champioship centre half who like every other centre half needs a reliable centre half to back him up and clear up the odd clanger. He is able to be a Premiership centre half for the bottom four or five sides at best. He loves being Captain of Derby County. I primarily blamed Forsyth and Bucko for not clearing the Wembley goal when they had the chance.He was at least as disappointed as 90% of the Derby fans that we have not achieved promotion. He cannot be faulted on effort. We need to start the preseason with too many players and to let Clement weed them out after he has watched them and tried to improve them.

Love him or hate him we cant turn down 4m for him. If we got shackell then him amd pearce would be more than adequate, with bucko albentosa rawson to cover. 4m would cover majority of ince fee and let us strengthen in other areas ie full backs.... same as hendrick 5m fee mentioned.... decent player but on both accounts too good to turn down 

Every player has their price and the 4 million quoted would be a great return for a player who has been a loyal servant to Derby. 

I think overall Keogh deserves the chance to test himself at a higher level, in a team where he will not be the linchpin and not be burdened with the captaincy. In a new side he'll have the chance to focus on important aspects of his game. 

The last player who deserves stick in this current Rams side is Keogh. He really does deserve more respect than he's getting. 

Should he leave, his marauding runs, last ditch tackles, and pass accuracy will not be replaced easily. 

Easily one of Clough's best buys.  

for 4million  id take him there myself ..and hand over the £4million cash  to Mr Rush/  Mr Morris   ..gospel  ..and im a rapacious money orientated  B - - - - - -                oh just thought its Fat boy Ashs is money   £20 on the never never

McLaren should be doing us a favour and taking our poor players like Sammon and Buxton not poaching our best defender.

Hmmm.

Sarcasm meter not tingling either - I think that you actually believe what you typed.

Every player has their price and the 4 million quoted would be a great return for a player who has been a loyal servant to Derby. 

I think overall Keogh deserves the chance to test himself at a higher level, in a team where he will not be the linchpin and not be burdened with the captaincy. In a new side he'll have the chance to focus on important aspects of his game. 

The last player who deserves stick in this current Rams side is Keogh. He really does deserve more respect than he's getting. 

Should he leave, his marauding runs, last ditch tackles, and pass accuracy will not be replaced easily. 

Easily one of Clough's best buys.  

That is quite amusing :-)

He's a very decent upper championship centre half who's very good on the ball, quick(ish), tries his hardest always, and is no more error prone than most at his level.

But, the one thing he's not is a leader of men, in any shape or form.

That's not his fault, it's either in you or not, as a junior half of a CB pairing I'd be happy to see him continue with us, but I'd be far happier with him alongside a dominant CB, rather than try to be one himself.

We need a true leader in the team, if Keogh can reconcile himself to being led,  rather than leading himself, I'd keep him.

Archived