Richard Keogh

Smiffy2491

As said elsewhere, I wouldn't object to Keogh leaving as so much of the fanbase seems to have fallen out of love with him. I felt he drove us on like a man possessed in the first two-thirds of the season, desperate for promotion. While he doesn't anticipate danger well enough to be a top centre back, he's clearly good in this division, as voted for by his peers last season.

Who do you expect him to be, Spider-man?!

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who out of your list do you think watches him the most and is in a better position to judge over the course of a couple of seasons and important games?

Certainly Clough and McClaren saw more of him than us, as do his colleagues, so they're in a better position. Importantly his peers get to compare and judge him against his competitors in that position for other clubs and are far better placed to say whether he's a good defender or not. His international camp get to see him at close quarters and certainly scout plenty and are able to watch technical analysis of his performance that we don't. So probably the worst placed to judge are the fans.

Who do you think is better qualified to transfer minutes watched into accurate judgement? Bottom of that list would be the fans, and those fans that don't see what he brings are at odds with the professionals. In most fields, when a pro speaks it pays to listen.

Not a keogh hater but any respectable offer I would take in a heart beat. Personally think it's idle journalism. Keogh is no where near shackells quality and is and never will be a leader.

cant believe he's only 28. Looks at least 48. Maybe that what playing with shotton does to ya

Voted in the top 2 centre backs in the league, but still not good enough for Derby fans! :lol:

Can't please them enough these days!

Yes but what clowns picked the team of the year and left out the player of the year

The clowns who picked it were the rest of the Championship players. So the majority voted Keogh as the best defender they'd played against over the likes of Manga, Ayala and Bassong etc.

This is why keogh has been wanted by prem teams for two years in a row and shackell is wanted by Derby in the championship? 

For the record BR I agree with you but I'm still thrown by your logic of "Keogh haters please find a better CB for £4m", surely the whole point is that in their opinion, you can get way better for that money? In fact if the club is prepared to let him go, isn't that their point too?

Hmm, I haven't hit 10 posts yet and now I'm gonna go against the majority and say that I rate Keogh - certainly at Championship level - and think that with a good defender alongside him and the removal of the captaincy he'll have a great season. 

Archived