Richard Keogh

Smiffy2491

The Keogh/Buxton partnership doesn't really work that well, it just works marginally better than our other pairings.

The Keogh/Buxton partnership is one that lets in far too many headed goals from set pieces/crosses, is highly vulnerable to diagonal balls played in between them and just generally struggles to deal with any sort of aerial bombardment tactic.

Our subsequent failure to improve on it does not mean it doesn't still need improvement.

I think that is overly harsh. The main problem we had with aerial balls from set pieces or when we are being bombarded is the size of our team, most headed goals were as a result of Hendrick or Christie losing aerial battles.

We  could possibly do better, but with a decent DCM in front of them, they are good enough to take us up. 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bucko with an attempted Hollywood pass in the last minute against 10 men, when we should have kept the ball and picked them off in the half-hour of extra time. Utter madness, but you could see his brain had gone as well as his legs.

There is the waft of Androstenol hitting Sussex, blowing in from the Derbyshire region. It won't be long Carl before those chest thumping, hirsute gentlemen followers of Sir Jake are informing you that you are mistaken, very mistaken.

Keogh and Buxton the Derby Keystone cops.....

If you stuck them together we still wouldn't get a decent CB out of it, both to slow, out of their depth at championship level -yes I agree they both huff and puff alot but we need quality not *****.....

You should definitely have an inquiry into how Keogh got into the team of the year if that's genuinely what you think of him.

There is the waft of Androstenol hitting Sussex, blowing in from the Derbyshire region. It won't be long Carl before those chest thumping, hirsute gentlemen followers of Sir Jake are informing you that you are mistaken, very mistaken.

If the question was (as presumed) about the play-off final, then sadly I am not mistaken. I was screaming in horror at Sir Jake from the stands as he attempted that most ridiculous of passes...

We should have off loaded Keogh before last season, dreadful CB and for me always seems to run around like a headless chicken. As club captain should run the team, I wouldn't let him run a tap....

Have a word with yourself. McFarland he ain't, but you're over doing it ridiculously. Club record consecutive clean sheets last season wasn't it?

If you stuck them together we still wouldn't get a decent CB out of it, both to slow, out of their depth at championship level -yes I agree they both huff and puff alot but we need quality not *****.....

Outed as a Forest fan at last.

Anyone who reckons that Buxton OR Keogh (let alone both) are 'out of their depth at championship level' has to be - all it needs is an additional reference to two stars and huge away support to confirm it.

If not - top trolling.

Keogh? Slow? What?

He's fairly pacey for a CB... He's too slight if anything and tends not to be able to out-muscle people... but I've never known anyone to think he's slow...

My only argument against Keogh is his desire to go to ground.

if he's reading some of the comments on this thread he'll be wanting to go to ground for a while I'd have thought.

Come on guys - even Terry and Cahill look ordinary from time to time and we're not claiming that Richard and Bucko are at anything like that level.

if he's reading some of the comments on this thread he'll be wanting to go to ground for a while I'd have thought.

Come on guys - even Terry and Cahill look ordinary from time to time and we're not claiming that Richard and Bucko are at anything like that level.

Exactly, a championship player is a championship player because he has faults. If there are faultless center backs they certainly would not be playing for Derby. A defensive fault is far more noticeable than an attacking one, that does not make them bad players. Keogh is one of the best center backs in the league, you can say your opinion differs but the opinion of his peers and the coaches around him seem to agree with that. 

To claim that Buxton is out of his depth at this level is just delusional, he might not be getting any interest from premiership clubs but at least 16 teams in our league would be delighted to have him.

Keogh isn't slow at all... 

Exactly, a championship player is a championship player because he has faults. If there are faultless center backs they certainly would not be playing for Derby. A defensive fault is far more noticeable than an attacking one, that does not make them bad players. Keogh is one of the best center backs in the league, you can say your opinion differs but the opinion of his peers and the coaches around him seem to agree with that. 

To claim that Buxton is out of his depth at this level is just delusional, he might not be getting any interest from premiership clubs but at least 16 teams in our league would be delighted to have him.

How dare you come on here and talk sense:)

Archived