Richard Keogh

Smiffy2491

For the record BR I agree with you but I'm still thrown by your logic of "Keogh haters please find a better CB for £4m", surely the whole point is that in their opinion, you can get way better for that money? In fact if the club is prepared to let him go, isn't that their point too?

my logic applies to defenders being touted around in the same price bracket.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my logic applies to defenders being touted around in the same price bracket.

Thing is that there aren't many players being touted for that at CB, at least not at our level - or Keogh's level. I rate Keogh as a very good Championship CB, and that puts him at anything between £1.5-£3m for me depending on circumstances.

Think even the staunchest Keogh fan would conceded that at £4m, we would be laughing all the way to the bank.

Thing is that there aren't many players being touted for that at CB, at least not at our level - or Keogh's level. I rate Keogh as a very good Championship CB, and that puts him at anything between £1.5-£3m for me depending on circumstances.

Think even the staunchest Keogh fan would conceded that at £4m, we would be laughing all the way to the bank.

it's good money, but it's about supply and demand. If clubs want top pay that then that's what he's worth. 

I don't get some Derby fans, this guy is a very good centre back and the amount of stick he gets is unreal. I keep seeing people say they would have albentosa over keogh for next season! That is a joke I don't get how people can say they'd have albentosa who in the games he played was awful then we have keogh who has been supporters player of the year and in the team o the year this season. Drives me mad and I think people will only realise how good he was when he isn't here!

I don't get some Derby fans, this guy is a very good centre back and the amount of stick he gets is unreal. I keep seeing people say they would have albentosa over keogh for next season! That is a joke I don't get how people can say they'd have albentosa who in the games he played was awful then we have keogh who has been supporters player of the year and in the team o the year this season. Drives me mad and I think people will only realise how good he was when he isn't here!

Albentosa over Keogh is a bit much but there was only one moment this season he impressed me and that was at RB.

No will shall be stronger when he is gone buxton and shackell that be a great partnership.

Would struggle against the faster forwards in my opinion. Keogh is our best centre back and is the only one in our club who didn't have issues with injuries last season

Albentosa over Keogh is a bit much but there was only one moment this season he impressed me and that was at RB.

He is our best defender and the abuse he gets is wrong, it all comes from that one mistake at Wembley. If we replace him with shackell then we still only have 1 proper good defender and he is 4 years older than keogh so the problem still hasn't got solved.

it's good money, but it's about supply and demand. If clubs want top pay that then that's what he's worth. 

I think the normal rules of supply and demand don't apply to football transfers.

"Can we have your player please?"

"No"

"What if I offered you too much money?"

"Yeah alright then"

"Do you want the money now?"

"No, just pay it to us in installments. I'm sure we'll see the money eventually. You deffo got the money though?"

"Of course! We'll sell 2,000 shirts at £50 a pop with his name on the back and that equals....an amount of money. Mate think about it, it's virtually a profit"

Archived