Do us Fans really know what happens at DCFC

Curtains

I'd say that we hear more genuine behind the scenes stuff now than ever before. 

The club employs more people than ever before. Each of those people has a network of family/friends - some of whom are bound to blab the 'secrets' divulged. Then there are agents putting stuff in the public domain for their own purposes. Part of the clubs marketing strategy is to put the club at the heart of the community, which inherently means lots of dialogue. Clearly they manage the information released, but I'd say the club actually directly tell us more information than ever before. Then there are the numerous journalists who are professional 'nosey parkers', rooting out as much information as they can. The internet then gives all this information a direct and easily accessible route of dissemination Hence, we get more genuine information on the workings of the club than ever before.

However, we also get more misinformation, lies and general BS. Chines whispers run rife - Buxton drinks a cup of tea and we hear about sending some money for a dance. Agents spread false stories. Attention seekers make ITK stories up. Journalists who can't find real stories invent some to meet their deadlines. I also wouldn't be surprised if the club sometimes give out false info for their own purposes. On top of that, especially regarding transfers, we get a lot of real stories that come to nothing, so appear to have been false.

The net result is that, although we get a lot of real information, it is pretty much impossible to work out the true situation because of all the 'white noise' that accompanies it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will know more about what happens at the club now more than ever, due to all of the media outlets........However, how much of what we think is happening, is actually happening?....

With different media outlets, rumours and hear-say spread like wildfire, and before we know it, the people who are not officially involved actually consider these said-rumours "the truth"...... 

On this basis, all we can do is take any rumours with a pinch of salt and stay positive and loyal to the club we love until we see/hear an official announcement from the forces within! :)  

38984.jpg

No way is Mel Morris the Diet Coke of Evil, Quasi Evil or Semi Evil.. He is more the Gold (Forum) Member. The Chairman who lays the Golden Eggs. If I know anything about Mel, it is that he will succeed and make a profit.somehow.Let's hope that we sign Mini Me(ssi) from Man City.

Archived