Our day with Mel Morris

Day

Why are you (almost) assuming that Morris is involved?

I've seen it written on here over the last two or three days that posters are surmising that Morris is 'interfering' in areas where he arguably shouldn't be, and suggesting that he's more 'hands-on' than Rolf Harris.

There seems to be an awful lot of assumption going on, and I'm not exactly sure why.

because it was reported for example that the video idea belongs to MM. SM rejected the idea. PC didn't. And this was reported as an implied criticism of SM and implied praise for PC. Subtle manipulation.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

because it was reported for example that the video idea belongs to MM. SM rejected the idea. PC didn't. And this was reported as an implied criticism of SM and implied praise for PC. Subtle manipulation.

are you trying the same tatic Mr Nut?

I don't know why people are making anything about more camera's being added as they already film pretty much all of the academy matches and give them feedback, they are clearly just expanding it. It was happening when Steve Mc was here so no difference of opinion.

If there is a way we can enhance how we coach our current and future players, then we should do it. They can film the way each player ties his boots for all I care. Let's just see some more Will Hughes' come through the ranks as a result.

I'm hearing some strange and vague rumours from within the club this week, annoyingly (and pointlessly for us) they aren't naming names but they are claiming that there will be big signings this week (plural)

I'm only putting this here for reference, so if surprise big signings happen, I know to treat this particular new source as valid in future

Yep - which is kind of why I lodged the "rumour" here. The context I'm hearing it in is BIG news, so it's exciting (if true)

I just mean it's pointless as far as us gossip hungry clowns are concerned.

What big news?

It's ok as there's no name being named, those are the leaks that Mr Morris is trying to eliminate.

It alerts other agents and clubs, which in turn may push the price up that our Club has to pay out.

That bit seems a little strange though. Surely by the time a transfer becomes so far advanced that Benny from the ticket office and Omar the stadium cleaning operative (fictional characters Mel - no witch hunt needed) get to know, the price has already been agreed. If rumours spread early enough to cause a transfer auction it is surely either the selling club or the player's agent deliberately leaking the info?

That bit seems a little strange though. Surely by the time a transfer becomes so far advanced that Benny from the ticket office and Omar the stadium cleaning operative (fictional characters Mel - no witch hunt needed) get to know, the price has already been agreed. If rumours spread early enough to cause a transfer auction it is surely either the selling club or the player's agent deliberately leaking the info?

it came straight from the candy horses mouth.

Why are you (almost) assuming that Morris is involved?

I've seen it written on here over the last two or three days that posters are surmising that Morris is 'interfering' in areas where he arguably shouldn't be, and suggesting that he's more 'hands-on' than Rolf Harris.

There seems to be an awful lot of assumption going on, and I'm not exactly sure why.

I wonder what you are (almost) suspicious about.

All I’m reading are some posts expressing curiosity, asking questions, and expressing opinions about a new chairman who’s already taken on a much higher public profile, and who’s far more hands on and involved, than the last incumbent.

Usual forum fodder as far as I can see.

All I’m reading are some posts expressing curiosity, asking questions, and expressing opinions about a new chairman who’s already taken on a much higher public profile, and who’s far more hands on and involved, than the last incumbent.

It's hardly suprising he's more hands on and involved than the previous incumbent though, is it.

For a start he's local, been a Rams fan all his life, involved with the club heavily over a long period of time, I guess he's living the dream we'd all have, if you can't play for the Rams the next best thing would be an involvement in the ownership?

One thing I'm assured of through talking to him,  he genuinely has our best interests at heart.

This won't guarantee he won't make poor decisions, or those underneath him in the structure won't,  but I'll wager he'll never hide away from explaining why he made those decisions.

I understand people's natural sceptism, given our past history with owners/chairmen, I nearly got banned from this forum myself for posts I made relating to him, having met him I'd urge the doubters to at least give it a year before passing down judgement.

Looking through this thread, it seems to me that Derby is in good hands and are doing things the right way which is fantastic. Appreciate the reports from those that went.

You were invited ARam but Daveo wouldn't pay for your ticket :ph34r:

It's hardly suprising he's more hands on and involved than the previous incumbent though, is it.

For a start he's local, been a Rams fan all his life, involved with the club heavily over a long period of time, I guess he's living the dream we'd all have, if you can't play for the Rams the next best thing would be an involvement in the ownership?

One thing I'm assured of through talking to him,  he genuinely has our best interests at heart.

This won't guarantee he won't make poor decisions, or those underneath him in the structure won't,  but I'll wager he'll never hide away from explaining why he made those decisions.

I understand people's natural sceptism, given our past history with owners/chairmen, I nearly got banned from this forum myself for posts I made relating to him, having met him I'd urge the doubters to at least give it a year before passing down judgement.

If you understand people’s natural scepticism then I don’t understand why you've missed the point of my post. What I was asking is what’s so (almost) suspicious about people expressing different opinions, asking questions, or wondering or speculating about a chairman who is making himself very visible and is clearly out to make a mark. It’s a fans forum - not a Moonies convention.

Don't belittle yourself.

:D

If you understand people’s natural scepticism then I don’t understand why you've missed the point of my post. What I was asking is what’s so (almost) suspicious about people expressing different opinions, asking questions, or wondering or speculating about a chairman who is making himself very visible and is clearly out to make a mark. It’s a fans forum - not a Moonies convention.

Maybe you've missed my point, or more likely I haven't made myself clear.

I was responding to your point about the new chairman being more hands on and visible than the previous one, seems obvious to me why this would be the case, as outlined.

I haven't seen anyone on here shout down someone else's opinion in this matter, or close down debate around the subject, maybe you feel differently, if so why?

All I've done is give my honest impression of the man, but I wouldn't dream of criticizing someone else for holding a different opinion, but would interested to know why?

Maybe you've missed my point, or more likely I haven't made myself clear.

I was responding to your point about the new chairman being more hands on and visible than the previous one, seems obvious to me why this would be the case, as outlined.

I haven't seen anyone on here shout down someone else's opinion in this matter, or close down debate around the subject, maybe you feel differently, if so why?

All I've done is give my honest impression of the man, but I wouldn't dream of criticizing someone else for holding a different opinion, but would interested to know why?

Just tell us who we're signing you gret big brown nose.

Archived