Our day with Mel Morris

Day

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why people are making anything about more camera's being added as they already film pretty much all of the academy matches and give them feedback, they are clearly just expanding it. It was happening when Steve Mc was here so no difference of opinion.

On here is a video from the start of last season.

http://www.dcfcacademy.com/#!the-academy/mainPage

• 2 weeks later...

We've been stung before with big signings, but it's nice to be giving it another spin. One seriously stoked Ram tonight, Thanks to all the ownership group and especially Mr Mel Morris. Put his money where his heart is. Top geezer.

SillyBilly

However this season ends up, the board and Mel in particular cannot be knocked for commitment to the cause. I just hope that now, the manager, players and us fans off the pitch can step up to the plate as well. It will need all of us to pull this off. We are going for it this year and I thank the board for the effort. Come on you Rams!

DEL, Dale, Rob, Needles and SillyBilly - Come on down!

I just call what I see bud, please or offend, wouldn't dream of trying to curry favour. The hours I work I'd be unlikely to be able to get down there anyway, especially with the twins needing someone to administer their life giving medicine and my wife being crippled.

It's only the joy I get from Derby County that keeps me going I can tell you. Fortunately I scraped together the price of a ST from selling my dad's old war medals, and I know the old chap wouldn't mind, having been a life long fan himself. I remember him saying on his death-bed, that he hadn't ever had a tour round the stadium or training ground, and as he looked up at me through those cateract glazed old eyes he whispered his last words..."have a look around the Moor Farm training complex just once son, just for me"....and then he was gone. If I could just once see the inside of Moor Farm, with my own eyes...well I think I'd just be happy for the rest of my life.

Ah well. Must get on, the orphans of Derbyshire will need there breakfast tomorrow morning and I'm on my shift at the homeless shelter in 10 minutes.

I just call what I see bud, please or offend, wouldn't dream of trying to curry favour. The hours I work I'd be unlikely to be able to get down there anyway, especially with the twins needing someone to administer their life giving medicine and my wife being crippled.

It's only the joy I get from Derby County that keeps me going I can tell you. Fortunately I scraped together the price of a ST from selling my dad's old war medals, and I know the old chap wouldn't mind, having been a life long fan himself. I remember him saying on his death-bed, that he hadn't ever had a tour round the stadium or training ground, and as he looked up at me through those cateract glazed old eyes he whispered his last words..."have a look around the Moor Farm training complex just once son, just for me"....and then he was gone. If I could just once see the inside of Moor Farm, with my own eyes...well I think I'd just be happy for the rest of my life.

Ah well. Must get on, the orphans of Derbyshire will need there breakfast tomorrow morning and I'm on my shift at the homeless shelter in 10 minutes.

That my friend will even a bring a tear to Eddie's glass eye.

Archived