Our day with Mel Morris

David

Last week Mel emailed me inviting myself and a few members down to Moor Farm, some of the initial members he invited were unavailable.

Myself, Boycie, Sage, uttoxram75 Alpha Signia and RevilDevil attended, before anyone moans I didn't pick them, this is something Mel is looking to do again in the future.

Right now I'm sat in Frankie & Bennies on my phone, not really able to do a full wrote up but as I tweeted out where I was today I thought I'd put a few words down.

Just want to say a huge thanks to Mel for inviting us down and for being really open and honest with us regarding recent events on the forum, turns out we can call him an ******** but to be fair it's not the case at all.

We had 2 and a half hours with him and had a really good chat which left us all feeling positive about the direction the club is going and with regards to recent posts on the forum. 

We also had a tour around Moor Farm, saw the new replica iPro pitch being made and met Paul Clement, Bryson, Martin, Eustace and a Eric Steel loitering in the corridors and sat down for a meal with Mel. 

I'm sure the others will want to add their thoughts and I'll have my own write up tomorrow. 

Oh and the Orange Lamborghini wasn't his!

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eustace? Thought he'd been released?

He has, looked to be saying his farewells, took Mel to one side to wish the club luck for the future. Was one of those I was there moments that left a tear in the eye

Mel Morris is an outstanding entrepreneur and as much a Derby County fan as anyone who writes on here. He wants unity and who can blame him. Will everyone agree with all his decisions, unlikely, but do they know enough to question the decisions being made, no they do not. We need to support a man who has put his money where his mouth is. Can he get everything right all the time? Of course not. Can he get us promoted and keep us there? Yes he can. We are proud of you, Mel. Maclaren was not allowed to speak to local press after his appointment allegedly. What an apparent difference if true.

Mel Morris is an outstanding entrepreneur and as much a Derby County fan as anyone who writes on here. He wants unity and who can blame him. Will everyone agree with all his decisions, unlikely, but do they know enough to question the decisions being made, no they do not. We need to support a man who has put his money where his mouth is. Can he get everything right all the time? Of course not. Can he get us promoted and keep us there? Yes he can. We are proud of you, Mel. Maclaren was not allowed to speak to local press after his appointment allegedly. What an apparent difference if true.

I'm not sure what you are getting at in the highlighted couple of sentences - who gagged McClaren and why?

Fair dos to the bloke... I've been quite vocal with the way everything went... But I'm happy to proved wrong about someone...

As I thought I saw in a North East paper extract, the situation with the press has been going on for for some time before SM got the job, allegedly. May not be true.When is something really true? Who knows? My apologies to all concerned if this is a complete misquote.

I've supported the guy from the start (I thought that he was the sane part of the LoG too), which means no jolly for me. :(

Archived