GOODBYE JOHN

Mafiabob

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely believe we would have finished in the playoffs had John stayed fit all season. :(

Had one good season left in him IMO, quality backup. Good luck where ever he goes.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him retire or step down to League 1.

​We'd have gone up automatic.

He needs replacing with better, so, for me, it's a good decision.

Even an bloody injured, hobbling Eustace would not have stared and waved at Will's pass as Warnock did against Reading.

having seen replay it was not a bad pass by Will, went straight past Warncok foot.

if we still have Warnock, a crying shame we cannot find room for Eustace in the squad.

on a positive note I am sure Mr Clement and Sam Rush have some irons in the fire for a new signing in CDM position

Even an bloody injured, hobbling Eustace would not have stared and waved at Will's pass as Warnock did against Reading.

having seen replay it was not a bad pass by Will, went straight past Warncok foot.

if we still have Warnock, a crying shame we cannot find room for Eustace in the squad.

on a positive note I am sure Mr Clement and Sam Rush have some irons in the fire for a new signing in CDM position

​I think the angle is poor on the replay. Having sat in the South stand, it was at least five yards away from Warnock. The pass was to Albentosa, but it was sloppy - no hiding away from the fact. He didn't make many mistakes throughout the season but that was purely on his shoulders. 

Warnock is a left back; a left back I'd bet isn't in the matchday sqaud next season and I'm sure we'll sign at least two defensive midfielders. At the minute, Thorne's got all 46 games to man by himself - and cup! 

Jon Eustace did well for the team. Joey Barton should hopefully be signed as a replacement.

​Hopefully not. I can hardly imagine two more polar opposite characters.

Eustace - Legitimate enforcer on the pitch. Well behaved. Respectable. No social media presence.

Barton - Overrated enforcer who goes after soft targets. Money grubber. A complete embarrassment. Thick, and can't go two minutes without proving it on tw@tter.

​I think the angle is poor on the replay. Having sat in the South stand, it was at least five yards away from Warnock. The pass was to Albentosa, but it was sloppy - no hiding away from the fact. He didn't make many mistakes throughout the season but that was purely on his shoulders. 

Warnock is a left back; a left back I'd bet isn't in the matchday sqaud next season and I'm sure we'll sign at least two defensive midfielders. At the minute, Thorne's got all 46 games to man by himself - and cup! 

The bbc footy league show shows replay from a couple of angles, best one is from a pitch side camera at player level....Warncok was clearly intended to receive ball....problem was he turned his back on the play...despite the ball being in front of him by ten years, he decided to look away.....and then half stumbled in shock as ball headed very close to him.  Any normal midfield player would have touched that ball by being alert, and watching the ball all the time.

Archived