Raul Albentosa to Betis

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we buy him for £600k, everyone says he hasn't done much for us and now those people are saying we will take one million plus for him?

Erm, can you explain that for me please?

Personally I wouldn't let him go.

​You've obviously never played football manager.

If we can save his wages, give him away and write off the £600k, I'd consider that we'd got out of jail.

​You've obviously never played football manager.

​90% of the posters on here formulate their entire philosophy of football based upon their performance at Football Manager. 

I know I do.

I saw them in Morrisons once and my recollection is she didn't have a Match & More card, so on that basis she doesn't want to be here, ITK.

Morrisons?

No wonder she's unhappy and wants to go home.

Seen him play 6 times. He's only played 8 games in total. Not looked very good at all but that's no time to judge a player.

I know about as much as any of you know about his wife and family situation - which is absolutely nothing at all.

I was really looking forward to seeing him play and after the Chesterfield game I was pretty convinced the hype was justified. Then we took him off, and we just sort of seemed to fanny about with him a bit for the rest of the season. Then when he did come into the team, his confidence seemed to have been left behind in Spain.

Shame if we sell him because the Albentosa we've seen so far - enough for some fans to come to pretty conclusive opinions - is clearly not the Albentosa that earned such an impressive reputation.

Was built up to be our saviour when our defensive crisis started, that sexy Spanish name struck again as well, the same way it did for Macarell.

When he finally made it on to the pitch expectation was huge, Derby were never going to concede another goal ever again with Raul in the team.

Totally disregarding the fact he's coming back from injury playing in a new team, new tactics, new country speaking a different language. 

8 Games he's played, 8 games.

At the same time some were wanting Barker to be given an extension to prove himself after what was it, 3 years out? 

Makes me laugh as Derby by fans do not have any paitence to allow any player to prove himself. Instant impact or go back to where you came from.

Was built up to be our saviour when our defensive crisis started, that sexy Spanish name struck again as well, the same way it did for Macarell.

When he finally made it on to the pitch expectation was huge, Derby were never going to concede another goal ever again with Raul in the team.

Totally disregarding the fact he's coming back from injury playing in a new team, new tactics, new country speaking a different language. 

8 Games he's played, 8 games.

At the same time some were wanting Barker to be given an extension to prove himself after what was it, 3 years out? 

Makes me laugh as Derby by fans do not have any paitence to allow any player to prove himself. Instant impact or go back to where you came from.

How many times do you have to see Claude Davis to come to a decision.

how many seconds do you have to watch Colin Todd before breaking into a smile.

8 games is normally plenty. You can either play football or you can't, although circumstances can prevent you showing it and this might be such a case.

The only one I can think of who I wasn't overwhelmed with first season who went on to be a star was Chris Powell. Given Raul was doing well in Spain, there must be potentially more to come from him but if we can swap him and not take that gamble, then swap him.

8 games is nothing considering the circumstances, we're not talking about an English player, moving to a club in the same league down the road.

And Colin Todd was before my time, I ain't that old.

8 games is nothing considering the circumstances, we're not talking about an English player, moving to a club in the same league down the road.

And Colin Todd was before my time, I ain't that old.

​Go on then, on what we've seen so far, you're picking the team for the first game; Bucko or Albentosa? It's Bucko all day long surely?

​Go on then, on what we've seen so far, you're picking the team for the first game; Bucko or Albentosa? It's Bucko all day long surely?

They do actually play in different positions Needles.  That said, I think one of them will be gone come 31/08.

Archived