Away shirt?

zaragozaram

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind  a dutch looking away kit. I hope that white home shirt is definitely a fake because its hardly different to last seasons kit, I hope the good men and women at Umbro have a little more imagination than that. But thats hard to imagine.

I don't get how Arsenal have had so many really nice yellow away kits down the years but ours always look ****.

​I think each kit supplier have different 'bands' of shirt supplies. For example, when we had Adidas as our kit sponsor, they weren't as good a quality as, say, Chelsea's was. Chelsea would have paid more to get the top-band of shirts, whereas we like to be tight gits and probably opted for band C quality.

It's evident when you compare the classy, minimal England Umbro strips of late, to our tacky, minimal Umbro strip last season.

​I think each kit supplier have different 'bands' of shirt supplies. For example, when we had Adidas as our kit sponsor, they weren't as good a quality as, say, Chelsea's was. Chelsea would have paid more to get the top-band of shirts, whereas we like to be tight gits and probably opted for band C quality.

It's evident when you compare the classy, minimal England Umbro strips of late, to our tacky, minimal Umbro strip last season.

I thought Umbro give us money to be our kit supplier so why we would opt for a cheap shirt?????

I thought Umbro give us money to be our kit supplier so why we would opt for a cheap shirt?????

​D'oy, yes of course. But I think a type of quality supplied is definitely something that is negotiated.

​Nice collection....

I am currently clearing out a load of DCFC related stuff actually and have loads of old shirts, some real classic ones too, when i get them all out of the loft i will let you know what i have if you are interested, i have the 86/87 shirts for sure, a few from the 70's too, including a brilliant one from the early 70's with a nice red number 11 sewn on the back..

​that sounds great muespach, yes get yourself up in the loft and let me know know what you find please !!!

​Nice collection....

I am currently clearing out a load of DCFC related stuff actually and have loads of old shirts, some real classic ones too, when i get them all out of the loft i will let you know what i have if you are interested, i have the 86/87 shirts for sure, a few from the 70's too, including a brilliant one from the early 70's with a nice red number 11 sewn on the back..

​just tried to pm you with my email address but it says you cant accept messages ?? can you pm me with your email address please, cheers

​D'oy, yes of course. But I think a type of quality supplied is definitely something that is negotiated.

More money upfront for a less appealing shirt maybe? I have literally no idea to be honest, I just know how poor the home and 3rd kits were this season. Looked like the free kit you get when you sign up to a 5aside league!

I liked all 3 last season but I wish puma would do them again. I was happy they were not tight fitting.

​Think is B4 that was 97, 18 years ago, styles have changed now. Puma wouldn't go for the same baggy fitting shirt they did back then, when you take a look at the recent Puma kits they are tight fitting like the Kappa ones we had. Found Umbra last year quite a decent fit.

Time to lay off those pot noodles :) 

Archived