The 1884 Group

To save cost on the confetti. 

Could you just keep tearing up old newspapers (old school confetti). Put them in sandwich bags. Could then have more confetti to give a better effect.  

I imagine the confetti was noticeable in the south stand if you was in there, but from east stand looked like you could do with some more 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To save cost on the confetti. 

Could you just keep tearing up old newspapers (old school confetti). Put them in sandwich bags. Could then have more confetti to give a better effect.  

I imagine the confetti was noticeable in the south stand if you was in there, but from east stand looked like you could do with some more 

it's all a learning game to be honest. But, paper had to be fire retardant so couldn't use newspaper.

There was 10kg used, 5 white, 5 black. The black wasn't really visible. Next time white only.

You could put bins around the stadium to put the flags in so if people take the flags by accident they can put them in there so you can get the bins and collect the flags after each game

I tihibk if there are bins outside the stadium, people are even more likely to get them frm there after the match.

You could put bins around the stadium to put the flags in so if people take the flags by accident they can put them in there so you can get the bins and collect the flags after each game

Some Herbert from Grimsby would nick 5 at a time then

Fans telling fellow fans to leave them behind will do the trick. No need for any agro, the offenders will soon stop taking them if they get a polite "put it back mate" from everyone they bump into on the way out. 

Looked top notch from the NE corner!

Just an idea now it's starting to build up, when the match is a bit slow and fans abit flat, SS need to start 

We're the South Stand over here

and

North Stand give us a song

It'll soon get going and once it does, get the classics out! 

A nuisance but understandable

I'm amazed the club sanctioned any kind of confetti as it's such a brute to clean up afterwards. I'd stick to the flags for prolonged impact (instead of a few seconds) and not making the mess that some poor sod has got to spend hours trying to gather up once everyone's left.

I'm amazed the club sanctioned any kind of confetti as it's such a brute to clean up afterwards. I'd stick to the flags for prolonged impact (instead of a few seconds) and not making the mess that some poor sod has got to spend hours trying to gather up once everyone's left.

Possibly the least manly quote in forum history!:D

The north stand is the family area so inevitably it's going to be quieter in there. You also get tourists in this stand because it's cheaper.

The west stand is more older supporters and also middle aged with children. Some of these children in time will move to the singing section I'm sure. 

I sit in the west stand and don't really want my lad singing 'if you don't ##### bounce your a red' or even hearing anybody close by singing it, or the one where Collymore had an accident. Derby don't seem to sing any good songs anymore for everybody to join in which is a shame. 

Some people need to realise that everybody isn't like them and others have different ways of doing things.

The whole thing of leaving early too, what is that about. We leave early to enjoy the rest of the night with family and not stuck in a car park for an hour.

I tell my daughter ##### should be JUMP AND BOUNCE your a red.

She knows what everyone else is saying but it lets me join in!

And yes, the Collymore song is one of worst I've heard in 31 yrs supporting the Rams.

Archived