why is it taking so long?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi

I don't know why we are considering Paul Clement. He has continually been linked with Sunderland, and he has not dismissed these claims. This lack of loyalty is disgusting!

NO SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE.

Nope still got a years contract left at Madrid !

Unless Madrid are planning to sack him today - then Madrid would want comp for PC going to us?

​Doesn't sound like he will be there for that year

Nope still got a years contract left at Madrid !

Unless Madrid are planning to sack him today - then Madrid would want comp for PC going to us?

​Incorrect his contract runs out tomorrow.

​Incorrect his contract runs out tomorrow.

​No, both he and Ancelotti signed a 3 year deal in June 13  - thats is why they had to sack Ancelotti this week, he still had a 1 year to run.....

If what we hear is correct, that we would have had to ask permission to speak to PC and possibly pay comp to Madrid..... One way or another this is going to be one very expensive deal on PC....

​No, both he and Ancelotti signed a 3 year deal in June 13  - thats is why they had to sack Ancelotti this week, he still had a 1 year to run.....

If what we hear is correct, that we would have had to ask permission to speak to PC and possibly pay comp to Madrid.....

​Why's he posted a goodbye message if he's got a year left on his contract?

It is very strange why Madrid didn't sack PC when Ancelotti was sacked........as they came as a team.....Unless Madrid know some compo is coming their way.....

​Can you provide some evidence to show that he's under contract until 2016?

It is very strange why Madrid didn't sack PC when Ancelotti was sacked........as they came as a team.....Unless Madrid know some compo is coming their way.....

​Maybe there was no need to sack him as Derby wanted him.

Maybe we have been in touch with Real for weeks.

Maybe Real knew they were sacking Ancelotti at the same time we asked for permission to speak with him.

Maybe they thought let Derby talk to him as it will save us from paying compensation as Benitez will want his own number 2.

Maybe his contract expired this summer and not 2016 and he wasn't given the same contract length Ancelotti was and we never had to ask for permission to speak with him.

Lot's of maybes to throw into the mix there.

Well Mac has been sacked early 5 days ago and still no official word from the board. Paul Clements name has been banned about as the one coming in, I heard the job had been offered to him Monday night.......as there is no club statement and as he is still employed by RM, it might be a no go.....

I would have thought the board would have sounded out the new coach prior to sacking Mac, the longer this episode goes on the likehood we get another Billy Davies type in! 

No, we need a coach who is better or at the least the same ability level off Mac, otherwise it would be a backward step for us.

​Shambles!!!

I googled Real Madrid and Ancelotti's contract......and it said they signed a 3 year deal - this was dated 2013 - hence Ancelotti being sacked. I certainly don't think they would have been given different contract lengths -that would not make sense on both parties, they arrived as a No1 and No2.

Possibly Madrid and Derby/ Sunderland have asked permission to talk, I heard the first official bit was Monday evening to ask for negotiations start ....

Madrid will know some sort of compo will be due if he is still under contract......

The episode smells of lots of money, he was on a few bob at Madrid, and its going to cost us a fortune, but if we have lots of cash to spend, thank you!

We do need some defenders......

Since Mac came I was always under the impression that money was tight, we had to get players off the wage bill, could really only get lone players in the last January transfer window....so nothing currently makes much sense....

​Mel Morris.

I googled Real Madrid and Ancelotti's contract......and it said they signed a 3 year deal - this was dated 2013 - hence Ancelotti being sacked. I certainly don't think they would have been given different contract lengths -that would not make sense on both parties, they arrived as a No1 and No2.

Possibly Madrid and Derby/ Sunderland have asked permission to talk, I heard the first official bit was Monday evening to ask for negotiations start ....

Madrid will know some sort of compo will be due if he is still under contract......

The episode smells of lots of money, he was on a few bob at Madrid, and its going to cost us a fortune, but if we have lots of cash to spend, thank you!

We do need some defenders......

​You assume too much and then pass it off as fact. As Daveo said it could be any number of reasons.

​Do we know for sure they didn't terminate his contract at the end of the month following Ancelotti sacking? Perhaps he has actually got compensation coming from Real Madrid?

​why on earth do you believe that a tabloid rag would know the details of a contract that hasn't even been signed yet?!?!

​that's being kind to the Daily Mail - min you, they have a habit of printing b***s just to engender the kind of snorting outrage that they already have.

must be a business strategy.

Archived