why is it taking so long?

What £2.7 million a year????????

For this much money he will be under immense pressure for automatic promotion, nearly x3 Mac's salary!

​why on earth do you believe that a tabloid rag would know the details of a contract that hasn't even been signed yet?!?!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How to Derby County:

1. Spend many years cutting the wage bill and stabilising

2. Ramp up investment to propel the team into the Premier League from this stable base

3. ???

4. Bugger it, spend whatever, even in excess of £50k a week of wages on a manager with no experience in the top job?

What? That figure surely can't be right... Can it? Maybe it's with bonuses? Maybe it's ~£3 mil in the first year if he obtains promotion? 

How to Derby County:

1. Spend many years cutting the wage bill and stabilising

2. Ramp up investment to propel the team into the Premier League from this stable base

3. ???

4. Bugger it, spend whatever, even in excess of £50k a week of wages on a manager with no experience in the top job?

What? 

Some people are never happy I suppose. 

​why on earth do you believe that a tabloid rag would know the details of a contract that hasn't even been signed yet?!?!

I totally agree. But funnily enough a journo mate of mine told me he'd heated a similar figure a few days ago. Maybe the offer was leaked?

Your a bit skeptical then ! 

​in terms of that detail in your spammed link? Yes, very much so. We are owned by a bunch of guys with excellent business brains, there are calculated gambles, there are shrewd business decisions, and then there's downright lunacy.

I would put my salary on them NOT agreeing to pay an untried and untested manager a Premier League wage in the championship. We still have a wage structure in the club, and we still have FFP restrictions to adhere to. 

​in terms of that detail in your spammed link? Yes, very much so. We are owned by a bunch of guys with excellent business brains, there are calculated gambles, there are shrewd business decisions, and then there's downright lunacy.

I would put my salary on them NOT agreeing to pay an untried and untested manager a Premier League wage in the championship. We still have a wage structure in the club, and we still have FFP restrictions to adhere to. 

Who cares what he's paid I just want him at Derby. 

PS Chris Martin to be assessed again in 2 weeks to see if he needs minor operation but is making good progress .

There is an article in the media but won't post it because it may not be true. 

Who cares what he's paid I just want him at Derby. 

PS Chris Martin to be assessed again in 2 weeks to see if he needs minor operation but is making good progress .

There is an article in the media but won't post it because it may not be true. 

​er... the person I was talking to before you piped up!! 

If this salary is true (which I doubt) I'd rather we not have him for the sole reason he'd be too expensive to sack if he flopped.

We need flexibility to hire and fire. We also need flexibility in wage bill for players 

so I'm not too fussed if he goes to Sunderland

​hahahaha! :lol:

Oh Ashz09, you are genuinely one of my favourite posters on here. You're up there with iRam and RevelDevil for me! 

​(sulks)

Archived