why is it taking so long?

Well Mac has been sacked early 5 days ago and still no official word from the board. Paul Clements name has been banned about as the one coming in, I heard the job had been offered to him Monday night.......as there is no club statement and as he is still employed by RM, it might be a no go.....

I would have thought the board would have sounded out the new coach prior to sacking Mac, the longer this episode goes on the likehood we get another Billy Davies type in! 

No, we need a coach who is better or at the least the same ability level off Mac, otherwise it would be a backward step for us.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Mac has been sacked early 5 days ago and still no official word from the board. Paul Clements name has been banned about as the one coming in, I heard the job had been offered to him Monday night.......as there is no club statement and as he is still employed by RM, it might be a no go.....

I would have thought the board would have sounded out the new coach prior to sacking Mac, the longer this episode goes on the likehood we get another Billy Davies type in! 

No, we need a coach who is better or at the least the same ability level off Mac, otherwise it would be a backward step for us.

​calm down dear it's only a commercial

No official word from the board? Seen as Sam is their frontman, I'm taking it you have missed his interview with ramsplayer and his pieces for Radio Derby and the Telegraph. Have some patience, most clubs take weeks in finding their new managers, I am sure by this time next week it will be sorted. It isn't as simple as just going, "hey be our manager" 

Looks like Clement is our main man and will be announced tomorrow as new coach ,if this is the case think we are moving in the right direction and all the speculation of two mill plus wages at least shows the boards commitment towards getting the right man for the job.

Expectations will be high and yes a gamble on some one who has never been at the helm before ,however his successful experience at major clubs with world class players as a coach and working with top managers in my opinion make him a better proposition that most other names being linked to the job.

I would rather have clement than a manger not totally committed to Derby county fc, which I believe wAs the case with Steve

If it is Clement I am sure he would be an attractive proposition for players wanting to come to Derby ,and assume the board will be making significant funds available for the right players to be approached.

The speculation of Ince and Bent signing shows promise of what's to come ,so exciting times ahead for the right reasons I hope.

Fingers crossed for a great closed season ,some significant signings especially in defence and a confident manager. Able to produce attractive winning football and fully committed to Derby county Fc .

He's employed until Sunday. He could easily have signed already. It'll just be officially unveiled once he's officially left Real Madrid.

It's been 5 days, not 5 weeks, calm down.

​Afraid not, Ancelotti and Clement signed a 3 year contract at Madrid in June 2013 - they had just finished their 2nd year.

I believe their contract runs out 2016 -hence why Ancelotti was sacked last week.

Paul Clement to pocket £2.7m-a-year Derby County contract upon becoming Steve McClaren's successor

• Paul Clement to agree £2.7m deal with Derby County on Friday
  • The Real Madrid assistant is to spurn late advances from Sunderland
  • Sunderland could turn to former Derby boss Steve McClaren  

By SIMON JONES FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 22:33, 28 May 2015 UPDATED: 00:12, 29 May 2015

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
38shares

View comments

Paul Clement will accept the manager's job at Derby County on Friday on a salary of around £2.7m a year despite late interest from Sunderland. 

Clement is leaving Real Madrid where he and Carlo Ancelotti are to be replaced by Rafa Benitez who officially announced his departure from Napoli.   

Derby recently sacked Steve McClaren after failure to earn promotion to the Premier League, as they see the Real Madrid assistant as the perfect replacement.

Paul Clement will agree a deal with Derby on Friday, believed to be around £2.7m a year, to become boss

Paul Clement will agree a deal with Derby on Friday, believed to be around £2.7m a year, to become boss

​That's what the internet is for. ;)

This is for SUPER RAMS 

Paul Clement to pocket £2.7m-a-year Derby County contract upon becoming Steve McClaren's successor

• Paul Clement to agree £2.7m deal with Derby County on Friday
  • The Real Madrid assistant is to spurn late advances from Sunderland
  • Sunderland could turn to former Derby boss Steve McClaren  

By SIMON JONES FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 22:33, 28 May 2015 UPDATED: 00:12, 29 May 2015

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
38shares

View comments

Paul Clement will accept the manager's job at Derby County on Friday on a salary of around £2.7m a year despite late interest from Sunderland. 

Clement is leaving Real Madrid where he and Carlo Ancelotti are to be replaced by Rafa Benitez who officially announced his departure from Napoli.   

Derby recently sacked Steve McClaren after failure to earn promotion to the Premier League, as they see the Real Madrid assistant as the perfect replacement.

Archived