QPR retained list released..

Richard Dunne, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Bobby Zamora and Rio Ferdinand all released by QPR. In my opinion Joey Barton would be an improvement if Jeff was to leave, in terms of leadership as well as general play, wondered what other people thought about how any of these 4 could be an improvement to the squad going in to next season??

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Richard Dunne, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Bobby Zamora and Rio Ferdinand all released by QPR. In my opinion Joey Barton would be an improvement if Jeff was to leave, in terms of leadership as well as general play, wondered what other people thought about how any of these 4 could be an improvement to the squad going in to next season??

​Personally no to all. I'd have Barton. Dunne two years ago when we were apparently looking him - yes. Now - no. Ferdinand too is past it. Not sure what he'll want to do. He's 36 and obviously the tragic news from a few weeks ago may cause him just to call it a day. Bobby Zamora would contribute, we'd already have a song for him but he wouldn't start and I expect he would still want decent money. 34 years old too, not worth it. Shaun Wright-Phillips - just no. Refused to go on loan to Charlton despite hardly being involved at QPR clearly 'too good' for this league. Also he wouldn't get in our squad let alone first eleven.

Barton though - yes. Him/Jedinak/other probably unrealistic names in my opinion is exactly what we need to go after this season. A lack of bite in the midfield cost us a fair few points last season.

​Personally no to all. I'd have Barton. Dunne two years ago when we were apparently looking him - yes. Now - no. Ferdinand too is past it. Not sure what he'll want to do. He's 36 and obviously the tragic news from a few weeks ago may cause him just to call it a day. Bobby Zamora would contribute, we'd already have a song for him but he wouldn't start and I expect he would still want decent money. 34 years old too, not worth it. Shaun Wright-Phillips - just no. Refused to go on loan to Charlton despite hardly being involved at QPR clearly 'too good' for this league. Also he wouldn't get in our squad let alone first eleven.

Barton though - yes. Him/Jedinak/other probably unrealistic names in my opinion is exactly what we need to go after this season. A lack of bite in the midfield cost us a fair few points last season.

​Agreed on that one but Jedinak off to West Brom (Pulis factor ?)

​Agreed on that one but Jedinak off to West Brom (Pulis factor ?)

​Yeah I know we wouldn't get him but it was a suggestion of the type of player we'd need. A player like Jedinak/Barton, can't think of anyone with quality & bite that we'd attract off the top of my head. But anyway, them alongside Thorne in a 4-2-3-1 formation would allow us to attack freely, use George's range of passing as a deep lying playmaker and have the other CDM and a tackler to break down opposition attack's.

Similarly, in our current system, Thorne could either move to CM alongside Hughes/Hendrick/Bryson with a tough CDM or keep Thorne at CDM and have the player with 'bite' alongside Hughes/Hendrick/Bryson. A leader in midfield that can grab the game by the scruff of the neck and control it when we're under the cosh or playing poorly was desperately needed last year.

Can see them going to the MLS. They were all probably on 50k+ a week and I doubt they'd drop down to between 10 and 20k a week

​With Bradley Wright Philips tearing it up in the MLS, Then Zamora and his brother will have a field day over there :lol:

On the wages though I don't think the money was as great over there, Lampard and Henry got mega money whereas it is reported some teammates are on $20000 a year...

​Yeah I know we wouldn't get him but it was a suggestion of the type of player we'd need. A player like Jedinak/Barton, can't think of anyone with quality & bite that we'd attract off the top of my head. But anyway, them alongside Thorne in a 4-2-3-1 formation would allow us to attack freely, use George's range of passing as a deep lying playmaker and have the other CDM and a tackler to break down opposition attack's.

Similarly, in our current system, Thorne could either move to CM alongside Hughes/Hendrick/Bryson with a tough CDM or keep Thorne at CDM and have the player with 'bite' alongside Hughes/Hendrick/Bryson. A leader in midfield that can grab the game by the scruff of the neck and control it when we're under the cosh or playing poorly was desperately needed last year.

To much football manager this half term

To much football manager this half term

​Why's that then? :lol:

Because suggesting we need a player LIKE Barton or Jedinak, not Barton or Jedinak themselves. Learn to read properly or you may need to go back to school yourself. Oh and I'd also learn to spell properly ('too', not 'to') before you decide to insinuate I'm a schoolkid for merely suggesting a suitable formation/system...

For free and at low wages, I'd take a gamble on Dunne.

not a bad centre half and the kind of no nonsense player/leader we've been talking about needing for a while. I know he's old, but if we're struggling to find anyone, could be worth a season long gamble.

Not sure about Barton. He'd ramp up our red cards total for the season....

​With Bradley Wright Philips tearing it up in the MLS, Then Zamora and his brother will have a field day over there :lol:

On the wages though I don't think the money was as great over there, Lampard and Henry got mega money whereas it is reported some teammates are on $20000 a year...

Spot on. All MLS salaries are visible (as are NFL, MLB and NBA) via a quick internet search. Interesting, the disparity between the top pros and the rest.

Take Bobby Zamora and force him to absolve Keogh for any responsibility for THAT goal, whilst being forced to watch the first 89 minutes of THAT match on continuous loop whilst reciting "They woz robbed and we were cheating spawny gets".

Then sack him.

Spot on. All MLS salaries are visible (as are NFL, MLB and NBA) via a quick internet search. Interesting, the disparity between the top pros and the rest.

​It must be difficult for the guys on low pay having to train and play with people who earn their weekly salary in a matter of minutes.

Maybe FIFA should release their salaries although I hear they are busy at the minute with a little known company who go by the FBI

Wouldn't want any. Including Barton. Like Savage his name gets him in the limelight over his football. I used to think he was decent but he isn't that all action central midfielder anymore. Usually if he gets noticed now it's for the wrong reasons. 

Savage pt 2. Fame game. 

No, no, no, no, and no to Barton as well.

Where do people get the idea that the best way to improve a top championship team is to pick up rejects from a relegated premiership team? That's not to mention the astronomical wages each and every one of those players would demand.

Archived