QPR retained list released..

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Frannie Lee had a fight on the pitch where he punched Norman Hunter in the face, swinging about 20 punches in 8 seconds. (Quicker than Amir Khan!)

Roger Davies punched the Juventus keeper in face.

I don't think it was the keeper.

anyway......you're arguing for the sake of it.

both were against dirty cheating fouling punching tosspot opposition.

p.s. you're forgetting colin boulton punching drew jarvie.

​Frannie Lee had a fight on the pitch where he punched Norman Hunter in the face, swinging about 20 punches in 8 seconds. (Quicker than Amir Khan!)

Roger Davies punched the Juventus keeper in face.

​I'm calling mitigating circumstances on the Frannie Lee fight. Norman Hunter was a mucky scumbag. If Barton had put someone like Kevin Muscat in hospital I wouldn't have an issue with him, but he chooses to pick fights with "hard men" like Morten Gamst Pedersen, Sergio Aguero, and Carlos Tevez.

​I'm calling mitigating circumstances on the Frannie Lee fight. Norman Hunter was a mucky scumbag. If Barton had put someone like Kevin Muscat in hospital I wouldn't have an issue with him, but he chooses to pick fights with "hard men" like Morten Gamst Pedersen, Sergio Aguero, and Carlos Tevez.

Also who threw the first punch.

by the time frannie was slinging punches he had already had a smack in the mouth.

I guess some people put morals above football. I care not one jot for his supposed " reformed " character. He stubbed cigars out on a junior players eyelids. This alone finishes him as any sort of decent person to me...but it's not just this is it? His rap sheet is a complete horror story including jail time for assault..again on someone much younger than him. Where do you draw the line?

You can't compare him to Robbie Savage.. Savage wasn't everyone's cup of tea but he isn't a criminal with a long track record. 

Mostyn, read his full charge/ trouble record. If you are ok to cheer this fella on in a DCFC shirt then that's fine... 

Not me though. I can't do it. I'm hearing it's highly likely he is signing for us. 

I always thought he was retaliating to Hunter splitting his lip open!!!

​Franny didn't really swing any punches until after they had both been sent off - and then as they were leaving the pitch he absolutely wiped the floor with so-called 'hard man' Hunter.

Four days later our walking wounded were hammered 5-1 in the second leg by Real Madrid. It was the day my hatred of Leeds was elevated to the heights of my hatred of Juventus.

I don't think it was the keeper.

anyway......you're arguing for the sake of it.

both were against dirty cheating fouling punching tosspot opposition.

p.s. you're forgetting colin boulton punching drew jarvie.

I'm not forgetting, I didn't know!  I was born in '76.

I guess some people put morals above football. I care not one jot for his supposed " reformed " character. He stubbed cigars out on a junior players eyelids. This alone finishes him as any sort of decent person to me...but it's not just this is it? His rap sheet is a complete horror story including jail time for assault..again on someone much younger than him. Where do you draw the line?

You can't compare him to Robbie Savage.. Savage wasn't everyone's cup of tea but he isn't a criminal with a long track record. 

Mostyn, read his full charge/ trouble record. If you are ok to cheer this fella on in a DCFC shirt then that's fine... 

Not me though. I can't do it. I'm hearing it's highly likely he is signing for us. 

Whether it's me changing or me spotting a definite change in Barton, I don't know. But I won't slate him for in the pitch antics, as they have been blown out of proportion cos it's Barton. His off field drama has gone. 

You will concede though Mostyn that it's a real shame that life long supporters like myself and I dare say numerous others will stop following and supporting while he is at the club, if he signs. 

I would be just gutted. I just could not bring myself to cheer or get excited. I find it a very disappointing proposition him joining... Can you think of another player ever joining us that would make supporters just not be interested anymore? Ched Evans maybe... 

You will concede though Mostyn that it's a real shame that life long supporters like myself and I dare say numerous others will stop following and supporting while he is at the club, if he signs. 

I would be just gutted. I just could not bring myself to cheer or get excited. I find it a very disappointing proposition him joining... Can you think of another player ever joining us that would make supporters just not be interested anymore? Ched Evans maybe...   

I personally think IF he does come, he would draw more people to the ipro :ph34r:

Eustace and Buxton were both sent off last year and nobody seemed concerned about that. Barton would bring with him years of experience at the highest level and in addition he has actually won promotion which I think is important.Our squad lacks experience and a winning mentality and Barton would bring that on a free transfer!

Eustace and Buxton were both sent off last year and nobody seemed concerned about that. Barton would bring with him years of experience at the highest level and in addition he has actually won promotion which I think is important.Our squad lacks experience and a winning mentality and Barton would bring that on a free transfer!

But he's an even bigger c/nt than Savage. 

You can the same traits without the baggage and media storm. Where do you think Eustace came from?

I'm not bothered what Barton did in the past. I think he has the experience and know how to help get us promoted. The rest of our squad bar the recent signings have won nothing between them and I think it is a problem that needs to be resolved by signing a few experienced players on free transfers who have been there seen it and done it.

Archived