15/16 Summer Transfers & Rumours

Day

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£1.5 million deal completed James McLean Wigan to WBA

I for one can't wrap my head around that one. 

McLean is an okay Championship player - I don't see why you boys would want him or what you would plan on doing with him. 

Jamie Ward is a lot more prolific than him at this level - you can have picked him up for nowt! 

May or may not work out who can tell? At £1.5m it's a gamble worth taking. Certainly won't be our main summer signing, but gives us an option we don't really have atm 

Funny that you say that, I'm looking at it and thinking that McClean is a gamble worth taking for you but that £1.5m is grossly overpaying for him.

Funny that you say that, I'm looking at it and thinking that McClean is a gamble worth taking for you but that £1.5m is grossly overpaying for him.

time will tell, I don't recall ever seeing him play. Given his record I trust Pulis's judgement 

May or may not work out who can tell? At £1.5m it's a gamble worth taking. Certainly won't be our main summer signing, but gives us an option we don't really have atm 

He just lacks ability - effort, work rate and tenacity in abundance though. 

I'm fairly sure that he's going to flop though; he's an average Championship player, who puts in a shift. I just don't see the thought process behind signing him. 

I'd argue that it's not a gamble worth taking, just like I would argue that betting on West Brom to win the Premier League is not a gamble worth taking. 

Plenty of Championship wingers have plenty more ability, scope and potential to play at the top level.

He just lacks ability - effort, work rate and tenacity in abundance though. 

I'm fairly sure that he's going to flop though; he's an average Championship player, who puts in a shift. I just don't see the thought process behind signing him. 

I'd argue that it's not a gamble worth taking, just like I would argue that betting on West Brom to win the Premier League is not a gamble worth taking. 

Plenty of Championship wingers have plenty more ability, scope and potential to play at the top level.

Or maybe he hasn't had a manager that can get the best out of him. Pulis seems to have a decent record with wingers so as I said earlier I'll trust his judgment on this 

Half this forum has been raving about McClean for about 2 years and wanting us to sign him. Why is he rubbish all of a sudden now he's going to WBA?

I wouldn't go that far. When he was linked at the start of last season there were mixed views about him. Most saw him as an improvement on Ward but thought we could do a lot better for the amount he would cost

Archived