15/16 Summer Transfers & Rumours

Day

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko

David Nugent has said yes to Middlesbrough. Shrewd signing.

Quite relieved. I thought if they managed to get Rhodes they'd walk the league, they've got a brilliant defence and were just lacking a strong attack. They've lost Bamford and Vossen and have replaced them with Stuani and Nugent. Stuani could be like Vossen and struggle to adapt in his first season and Nugent is a downgrade from Bamford. He's a decent player but only scored 5 goals in the Prem last season and 20 in his last Championship season (but 9 were penalties).

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko

David Nugent has said yes to Middlesbrough. Shrewd signing.

Quite relieved. I thought if they managed to get Rhodes they'd walk the league, they've got a brilliant defence and were just lacking a strong attack. They've lost Bamford and Vossen and have replaced them with Stuani and Nugent. Stuani could be like Vossen and struggle to adapt in his first season and Nugent is a downgrade from Bamford. He's a decent player but only scored 5 goals in the Prem last season and 20 in his last Championship season (but 9 were penalties).

Nugent a few years ago would be shrewd, now he's going to get goals but he's getting on. If my team didn't have a striker and I could choose between say Nugent and Bent I'd take Bent every single time. Think Boro will rue moving so late in the window for a striker.

Wow, imagine losing your big summer signing for the season through injury.. :ph34r:

Certainly have nothing but sympathy for them. Our luck is worse than theirs injury terms. He's not a new signing but Hughes would walk into every side in the league, it's important we replace him.

Certainly have nothing but sympathy for them. Our luck is worse than theirs injury terms. He's not a new signing but Hughes would walk into every side in the league, it's important we replace him.

Not forgetting it basically happened to us last season.

Archived