15/16 Summer Transfers & Rumours

Day

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact they're selling him for £3mil would suggest it's not that massive. I read one article which described him as "out of favour." He's a good player, but with players like Andre Gray apparently demanding an £8mil fee, you'd think that in the current market any big loss from a top level Championship side would command more than £3mil.

Think he had a buyout clause, and it also depends on position and situation. I'd say is buying Shackell was a big loss for Burnley, likewise when Bournemouth bought Surman from Norwich.

The Championship market is really crazy. I don't understand how some players are rated price wise so highly and others not. Seems anyone who has scored over 15 goals is worth a near eight-figure sum,

Leeds have got a bargain in signing Stuart Dallas for just over 1m.

Think he had a buyout clause, and it also depends on position and situation. I'd say is buying Shackell was a big loss for Burnley, likewise when Bournemouth bought Surman from Norwich.

The Championship market is really crazy. I don't understand how some players are rated price wise so highly and others not. Seems anyone who has scored over 15 goals is worth a near eight-figure sum,

Leeds have got a bargain in signing Stuart Dallas for just over 1m.

That's fair enough and I think Tomlin is a very good player. If he had a buyout clause and Blackburn were aware of that, then of course it would have taken 11mil + Tomlin as Bburn value him at 14mil. 

I agree with the Dallas point, he's looked quality when I've seen him. Not sure he'd fit in, or get in our side, but he'll do very well for Leeds.

That's fair enough and I think Tomlin is a very good player. If he had a buyout clause and Blackburn were aware of that, then of course it would have taken 11mil + Tomlin as Bburn value him at 14mil. 

I agree with the Dallas point, he's looked quality when I've seen him. Not sure he'd fit in, or get in our side, but he'll do very well for Leeds.

Big loss for Middlesbrough losing Tomlin. 

Bakary Sako goes to Palace.

Glad he's not in the Championship this season, but Wolves are looking strong even without him..

You'd imagine if Gayle was considered fringe before this signing he must be on his way out. A couple of rumours linking him with Boro, a couple linking him with us.

You'd imagine if Gayle was considered fringe before this signing he must be on his way out. A couple of rumours linking him with Boro, a couple linking him with us.

Dwight Gayle would be a terrific signing for this level, in my opinion. I'd be surprised if he did though, I imagine his wages would be steep..

He isn't but he is better value for money then let's say the other strikers in the championship. It's madness that someone in the championship will get him on loan.

His record seems to owe a lot to his time in the conference. 

I don't understand why Palace paid so much for him. I don't understand it at all.

I genuinley want to know what it is that makes him good. I haven't seen much of him. When I have he's looked out his depth and basically one of those players that chases everything with enthusiasm and pace. Those are ten a penny. 

He's not even a youngster. 26 in October according to wiki. 

From the Birmingham Evening Mail 

"Albion are hoping to smash their transfer record and sign striker Salomon Rondon from Zenit St Petersburg. 

The 25-year-old, rated at around £15m has scored 28 goals in 57 games for the Russian outfit and is thought to have a medical booked in with the Baggies."

Patchy record with signings from Russia, IF he signs hope he is a success on the field like Odemwingie rather than Ideye 

From the Birmingham Evening Mail 

"Albion are hoping to smash their transfer record and sign striker Salomon Rondon from Zenit St Petersburg. 

The 25-year-old, rated at around £15m has scored 28 goals in 57 games for the Russian outfit and is thought to have a medical booked in with the Baggies."

Patchy record with signings from Russia, IF he signs hope he is a success on the field like Odemwingie rather than Ideye 

Rondon is a top player. Very strong and quick. Think of a much better version of rudy gestede

Archived